shape
carat
color
clarity

Can someone please help me find a ruby? :-)

liz-e

Rough_Rock
HI PSers

I've been looking around for a small ruby (5mm or thereabouts) for use as a ring. Would prefer a round brilliant cut, however am open to Oval cuts that do not have the characteristic bow.

Would anyone be able to advise if I should expect the vendor to have GIA / AGS certified gems? There seems to be alot of expensive gems (for example, on the natural sapphire company) where some are not certified.

Also any other suggestions on where to source a great ruby from a reputable dealer would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Liz

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Liz,

Even if the ruby does not have a lab report, I'd suggest working with the vendor to have it sent to a lab. The reason is that rubies are frequently subject to treatments besides heat. Good luck!

liz-e

Rough_Rock
Hi Harriet,

Thanks for your quick response and your help :)

I was hoping that someone would be able to suggest a vendor who cuts /deals with rubies that wouldn't mind having it GIA/AGS certified.

If anyone has any suggestions, Most appreciated.

Thanks

vinkalmann

Shiny_Rock
+1 on working with a vendor that will have it certified. I would guess, based on my recent experience with this, is the magic words may be "I commit to buying this stone contingent on it getting a 3rd party cert." Of course you would want to see the stone in person first.

I doubt too many places will send it out for a 3rd party evaluation just because someone is curious about it when in all likelihood they'll be able to see the stone to someone else not educated enough to ask. This is all speculation on my part though.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
What is your budget? That will also narrow down the list of vendors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results