color
clarity

Camera fell in the washing machine

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1298870736|2860971 said:
TL, you are too kind. ::)

You blow every professional gem photographer away as far as I'm concerned, even the great Tino Hammid, and you photograph the most beautiful gems in existence, intense FCD's. Keep 'em coming. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who needs a loupe or microscope when you have a camera like that! The level of detail is amazing in your new camera. How does it rate in terms of colour accuracy though? Does it do better with one hue versus another?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it does some hues more accurately than others, and in auto macro mode, the color is more realistic, but it doesn't focus as well. In regular macro mode, it focuses better, but the color is slightly off. . . . and these two scenarios only take into account sunlight. In cloudy weather, and my indoor lighting, hue and focus is not as accurate.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried out other cameras? It seems like the Nikon isn't doing what you are looking for.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1298917215|2861259 said:
Have you tried out other cameras? It seems like the Nikon isn't doing what you are looking for.

I think any camera in my price range will not be perfect, but I did try price-comprable cannons at the store, and I wasn't any more impressed with their macro ability or ability to get accurate hues.

I have yet to try out the Lumix, which I would like to do.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results