shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling LovingDiamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
I was perusing the Show me your pendant thread and saw the absolutely amazing photo of your pendant collection. Do you have any threads on these? Any extra pictures? Any neck shots? Frankly, your collection is stunning.

Couple of questions (beyond my picture pleadings):

What are the dimensions on the amethyst in the 2nd row (2nd to last)?

What are the dimensions on the stones in the 3-stone paraiba pendant (3rd row)?

What are the dimensions on the paraiba oval next to it?

Do you find that there''s a certain size stone/pendant that works well for normal wear? Is there a size you feel is too big? Too small?

Looking forward to your pearls of wisdom
36.gif

LDspendants.JPG

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry is that a personal collection!!!!!! Holy MOOO cow!!!! I
30.gif
it!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Austenut!

Apologies because I''ve only just seen this thread!

Ok, in answer to your questions, there are photos of some of those pendants all over PS but I have no idea where!!! If you search on my name and put in the name of the gem you''re interested in, something should pop up! I know the Amethyst and large Paraiba Tourmaline are both on here somewhere and I think some of the Tahitian pearl and diamond ones may be as well. I very rarely take neck shots (difficult to do and hubby is useless with the camera
9.gif
) but there may be some!

BTW this is an old photo and there are a few more additions now
2.gif

Anyway, to answer your questions:-

The Amethyst trilliant is from Uruguay and is 17.37ct with dimensions of 18.5 X 18.9 X 11.5 mm. The pendant has two trilliant diamonds sitting on top of each other (to form a diamond shape) just above the Amethyst.

The 3 stone Paraiba Tourmaline necklace - I don''t have the length of the drop to hand but it''s around 2" or so. Each paraiba is square cut and measures 6mm. They are about 1.1ct each so there''s a total of 3.3ct of Paraiba Tourmaline and 2 tiny 1.3mm diamonds.

The large Paraiba Tourmaline oval is 18.34ct with dimensions of 18.15 X 14.84 X 9.69mm. Above the oval is an oval white diamond but I can''t remember the carat weight of it.

You also asked what size I think it good for everyday wear? Well, it depends on the style actually. For example, the PT oval and Amethyst are far too big to wear during the day - not really anything to do with their length or width but more that they''re both very deep so look incredibly large when on. In fact I very rare wear these because they''re a bit too OTT!!! However, I have several diamond pendants of a similar overal size but because they''re flatter and not so bulky I wear them most days! I guess it depends on the size, the colour of the stones etc.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, LovingDiamonds!

Maybe I''ll have some time during my lunchbreak today to search for your old threads. Unfortunately if I start now, I''ll never make it to work.
2.gif

Thank you for bringing up the point about the depth. I''ve sort of been aware of neck coverage as an issue, because so many stones are 6x8 or 7x9 (or 4x6) which are great sizes for rings, but I feel as though they tend to get lost up on a neck (or at least on mine). But trying to figure out how big I need to go, I''m pretty clueless. And I''m still a complete novice when it comes to jewelry design, so I love to see others'' examples. I''ve ordered some topaz and apatite that will be turned into necklace and earring combos (I think) so I''ll also get some more practice myself.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Well, here's the thread on the Paraibas. LD, we just have to send someone over to take some neck shots for us. Because your collection is AMAZING and deserves more shots.

ETA: Here is the thread which contains LD's amethyst pendant. I kept missing it because I was sure that it had to have had its own thread...but no, it wasn't so lucky. You should really show off some of the lovelies that you have! Even if we can't have them ourselves, we'd at least like to see your eye candy.
31.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW that is some collection. Thanks for the tip about height of stones/settings being an issue.

Are there any pendants that you regret buying? And why?? And TFS!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LD,

Do you have any pendants with a 7x12ish size pear stone? Do you find that it''s too small, just right, or needs extra stones to make it work? Because frankly, with this pendant collection (and the fact that you now have more) I think you''re the resident PS pendant expert.
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2009 12:51:06 PM
Author: AustenNut
Hi LD,

Do you have any pendants with a 7x12ish size pear stone? Do you find that it''s too small, just right, or needs extra stones to make it work? Because frankly, with this pendant collection (and the fact that you now have more) I think you''re the resident PS pendant expert.
1.gif
AN - I haven''t got a clue!
6.gif
I''d have to measure everything. I''ll have a quick look tomorrow but in all honesty pendants aren''t my thing!!!! I collect rings and loose stones more than anything else.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve just had a thought ...... do you have a setting in mind? The reason why pendants aren''t generally my "thing" is that I hate with a passion when a pendant twists when worn. Some of mine do but I am now VERY selective. If a pendant twists, I have it remade. Pears tend to twist more than others and if they''re deep they do it even more. Does that help?

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LD,

No need to measure all of your pendants. I know that some people here know pretty much all the sizes of their various stones and thought that you might be one of them. But for someone who says that pendants aren''t really her thing, you have quite the collection!

Before I got my 7x12 stone I thought I would just prong-set it and just have it be by itself. But now that it''s arrived, I feel as though I want more mass around my neck. So last night I won an LOGR auction for this pendant which I think will make it look more substantial. And hopefully it won''t flip, which I agree, would be quite annoying!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W look at the price and design of that! Well done you! Fabulous pendant. Are you going to upgrade the diamonds?

If you find it flips, remove the upper bunny ears bale and then have a jeweller make an open pipe type bale behind the top of the pear bit - you can then thread a chain through and it''ll stop it swivelling!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the advice on the "bunny ears." I''ll keep that in mind if I find it flipping.

I''m not planning on upgrading the diamonds because I want to see what their "basic" quality looks like, as I''ve seen through various threads that some are happy with the non-upgraded while others felt the upgrade was necessary. I''ll never know with future projects if I need to upgrade or not until I can get a baseline from them. And I figure that H/SI1 should be pretty white and sparkly next to apatite as well.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results