shape
carat
color
clarity

Burmese color change sapphire set!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a 1.07ct burmese unheated color change (blue to purple) sapphire awhile back, finally got it set! It has a AGL sapphire brief stating that it has strong color change and is unheated.

I stumbled on a beautiful platinum tapered baguette setting, I was told the tcw was .19 cts, and since I have no idea how to estimate weight of tapered baguettes, I"ll take their word for it, lol.

I haven't been able to capture the luscious purple it turns, but it's just as deep and beautiful as the blue. The stone is a bit over saturated, but I love the richness even though it's probably too dark for some.

Vendor photos and mine of the stone loose.

6345109_0.jpg

2462124_0.jpg

fwcsloose.jpg

fwcsloose2.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the second photo in mixed lighting you can sort of see the purple peeking out. I love it in mixed light because it has flashes of rich blue and deep purples.

fwring2.jpg

fwmixed.jpg

fwring5.jpg

fwring6.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here it is with my 2 ct ceylon sapphire, which is silkier and more of an "ideal" saturation of blue

mtgsapphires.jpg

mtgsapphires2.jpg

mtgsapphires3.jpg

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! I love the color! Congratulations on a beautiful ring!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1418793945|3802803 said:
Its beautiful, and definitely not too dark for me! :appl:

Haha, me neither!
Though to be fair, in low lighting, it looks more inky with sneaky flashes of blue or purple from deep in the stone when it catches a stray ray of light. I don't mind though, it looks fabulous outdoors or under my strong office lighting lol

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely stone and setting!! It looks great on you.
The stone would definitely not be too dark for me :naughty:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone, lovely classical setting! :appl:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! The colour is so rich and royal!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, thanks guys!
Here ares some low light pics, it does get quite dark and inky but it doesnt bother me that much since once you tilt it towards light again it sparkles. And even when inky, it's clearly not black or grey, just a really deep saturation of blue/purple.

photo_1049.jpg

photo_1050.jpg

photo_1051.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1418945568|3803867 said:
MTG: I certainly like your "stumbles" lol!

Haha, well I work two blocks from jewelers row in philly, so I "stumble" through there on my lunch breaks quite often ;-)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
That stone looks perfect in your setting! Very pretty ring. I really like the color of your stone. I love gemstones with bag sidestones :love:
Since we were discussing these bag settings in your other thread, thought I would mention that I found two at Intergem last weekend. My Jeff White sapphire is being set in one & should be ready Tuesday.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1419043681|3804547 said:
That stone looks perfect in your setting! Very pretty ring. I really like the color of your stone. I love gemstones with bag sidestones :love:
Since we were discussing these bag settings in your other thread, thought I would mention that I found two at Intergem last weekend. My Jeff White sapphire is being set in one & should be ready Tuesday.

Yay! Can't wait to see it!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So elegant! The bag settings always look great, in my opinion.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results