shape
carat
color
clarity

Buddy Blue Eyes Aqua

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, the cat's eye color notwithstanding, my personal favorite color is the one on the left...I just LOVE that blue-green color of unheated aqua.

But since you're trying to match the color, I'd choose one of the two on the right. Probably the scissor-cut one because it has fewer inclusions.

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
I love your kitty! What a pretty face, and with such pretty eyes, no wonder you want an aqua to match! :D I too love cats and aquamarines...I've been on the hunt for a real sea -green/blue aqua for many years. I want a natural color one. where do you find one? I've been looking, and looking. I'm also looking for a rhodolite garnet, or a spinel, tourmaline pink/raspberry color. I want a ring with each of those stones. I'm dying to see your ring though, when you have it made. Aqua's go great with pearls. There is a girl on the board here who made a bracelet with pearls and an aqua like Lady Di's bracelet you should check it out, it's gorgeous.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, for the slight thread hijack, but for those looking for sea green aqua, it would help if you looked up "green beryl" in your searches.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I bought the aqua from Roger Dery (he's awesome, btw): I spent $240 on it. I love the cut and it's goreous outside but a little light in the office.

aqua5.JPG

aqua1.JPG

aqua2.JPG

aqua3.JPG

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
You found it, Athena! Yay! I want to see it hanging from your kitty's collar. Nice acqua, love the asscher cut. Roger's great, isn't he?

--- Laurie

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
So you like it? You think it's a keeper?

Roger is AMAZING! Seriously - pretty much every colored stone seller I've dealt with has been nice, but he went above and beyond in his service. He and Barry are now my two favorites.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy hear that you found it, particularly that you found it from Roger, who is absolutely, no holds barred, a class act, a responsive, and professional vendor. I wish he had more stones because I would just buy from him!

The stone is beautiful looking a little like a chameleon. But at the risk of hurting your feelings, I would say that if forced to make a choice, I would rather have Buddy than the stone... :naughty:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
minousbijoux|1306352277|2930080 said:
I am happy hear that you found it, particularly that you found it from Roger, who is absolutely, no holds barred, a class act, a responsive, and professional vendor. I wish he had more stones because I would just buy from him!

The stone is beautiful looking a little like a chameleon. But at the risk of hurting your feelings, I would say that if forced to make a choice, I would rather have Buddy than the stone... :naughty:

You're too cute! I have so many more photos of Buddy that I want to spam on here, but I think it would lose the purpose of the post - but believe me, it's been tough to avoid! He's just the sweetest little thing and so photogenic!

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
loverly aqua! I think it matches your kitty! Maybe it would be nice on a white gold halo? blue diamond sides? yum. Nice stone!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Great Asscher! I'm not normally a yellow gold person, but I would set it in YG to bring out the blue.

T

talamasca

Ooo it's really lovely. I think my next might have to be an asscher :)

MieleMelograno

Rough_Rock

OnPhire

Rough_Rock
athenaworth I swear our cats must be related. My Sid has the same exact eyes so I know where your desire to find an aqua that color comes from. Sid is a pound kitty so we have no idea what he is, his brother Sebastian (who we also adopted) has his coloring but his eyes aren't nearly as blue as Sid's and he's built more like a "regular" cat.

I don't mean to steal your spotlight but I had to share these photos with you. I can't seem to find a pic that shows off his eyes, but as you can see Sid also likes to sleep where he shouldn't and loves climbing Mt. Daddy.

IMG00018.jpg 2009-12-12%2015.07.38.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results