shape
carat
color
clarity

Buckled Up for Christmas

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Meet Cornelius. He is a 1.04 carat cornflower blue Ceylon sapphire (heat only), with slight inclusions. I bought him from AJS gems about a lifetime ago and he has made his way through many different settings as my husband has progressed through his training in jewelry making.

I've always liked the lighter blue sapphires and I just didn't know exactly how to set this stone so it would really shine. Now I know...

Last night my husband had another lesson with the jeweler who has made 95% of my custom-made pieces, Courtney Poole Pendergrast. They created this setting in 18kt yellow gold. The shank is satin finish and the bezel and the "buckle" are high shine. This is my first fancy shape stone to be set E-W.

It was my husband's idea to reset Cornelius the sapphire. It was previously in a sterling silver bracelet that he made that didn't get much wear. Before that, it has been in a silver setting with a large baroque SS pearl dangling from it. I'm delighted that this is a "forever home" for Cornelius. I am thrilled with how this turned out!

I wear a Cartier Trinity ring on my left pinky and now I have this ring for my right pinky. It's a size 3 and fits perfectly.

I bought the jewelry lesson for my husband for Christmas, and the resulting ring is a Christmas gift for me. Early, because patience and waiting are not things I'm very good at.

fullsizerender_9.jpg

_35507.jpg

img_5930.jpg

img_5932.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous sapphire. And what a beautiful reset!! I love that buckle.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh, he may not see through your ruse but I did. You paid for the bench lessons so that he can set your CS for you. :Up_to_something: But really, that's a very novel way to set your pear. The design is both unique and protects the pear tip. :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love this! I've always wanted a buckle ring. Very cool that your DH made it!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
This is awesome and so special that your husband made it for you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results