shape
carat
color
clarity

Bought Colour Change Sapphire From Jeff Davies

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am over the moon excited as I have always wanted an unheated colour change sapphire. It was my first time to his site so I don't know If it has been listed there before or how long it was up but I had to buy it. It was in the recently added section but on ebay there was an offer from December, so I am not sure. It is from Madagascar , is unheated and is 7.25 x 6.16. Here are his pictures. I hope I love it as much in real life!

downloadfile-32.jpeg

165959_10152200009209357_161243344_0.jpg

downloadfile-20.jpeg

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I see now that it has been up since Nov or December. Hopefully it is blue enough in natural lighting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! I hope you love it! What are your plans for setting?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I noticed that one too, and was a bit tempted. I like the colors it shows in his photos - it almost looks like a bi-color. I will be curious to see your photos and how similar it appears in hand.

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have my hopes high, Minou! One older video makes it look straight purple so I am hoping that was incandescent lighting.

Missy, someone on here had a gorgeous colour change sapphire lotus engagement ring with tiny diamond sidestones by Heart of Water Jewels. That is my hope but it is long term! It will be weird having it shipped from Thailand to here and back again.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What you'll probably see if blue during the day and incandescent lighting it will be purple. It's a beautiful stone and if I'd seen it before you, it would have found a home with me! ;-)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Your sapphire collection is really coming along well! Enjoy your new one.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is SO pretty! I love the color mix in it. I think it will fascinate you, looking at its different personalities as the light changes. I love purple sapphires, so more of that wouldn't bother me, but the blue is beautiful as well. Good score!

--- Laurie

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
"What you'll probably see if blue during the day and incandescent lighting it will be purple. It's a beautiful stone and if I'd seen it before you, it would have found a home with me! ;-)"

That is exactly what I had hoped for. One of the older videos confused me because it was just purple. LD, that is the biggest compliment that you could give me - I am honoured that you would have bought it! :)

"Your sapphire collection is really coming along well! Enjoy your new one."
Katharath, I have just enrolled in Sapphires Anonymous. I did feel particularly crazy last night because I thought I was done, but I knew this has to be the one I have been looking for. When I first asked for everyone's help to get the 10 year sapphire I was hoping for a colour changer. I adore the stone I ended up with but I have been looking and looking for this. It is actually because of you that I bought it because I went to his site for the first time to look up your demantoids! (lovely btw!)

"That is SO pretty! I love the color mix in it. I think it will fascinate you, looking at its different personalities as the light changes. I love purple sapphires, so more of that wouldn't bother me, but the blue is beautiful as well. Good score!"

Thanks Laurie! I am really looking forward to playing with it like this. I love seeing my alex and cc garnet change as the lighting changes and I can't wait to see it with this one!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It looks beautiful. Please post some photos once you get your CC sapphire. I love gems that have CC, reminds me of those very cheap but cherished "mood/temperature rings" that were trendy when I was back in high school a long time ago, they are like a grown up version of that. :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Expect it to be a bit darker than it appears in his photos.

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Mochiko! Your cc lotus engagement ring is the inspiration for this ring to be made. I love your e -ring and actually just sent a picture of it to Sally today! I will post pics as soon as I get it.

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If it is a bit darker I don't mind because it is going in a really open setting. As long as it is really that blue, I am happy!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1390271906|3597374 said:
Thank you Mochiko! Your cc lotus engagement ring is the inspiration for this ring to be made. I love your e -ring and actually just sent a picture of it to Sally today! I will post pics as soon as I get it.

That's so nice to hear! ::) How are you going to set it? I think it would look fab in a halo setting but that's just me :>

I have given Sally lots of business lately.. I'm in Asia so it's super fast and convenient for me to work with her (and I don't have to deal with US customs/shipping). I am getting sterling lotus necklaces (3 aquamarine and 3 pink tourmaline rounds) done for my bridesmaids, and I got a few things from Sally's end-of-year sale (moonstone earrings, carnelian scarab ring, citrine ring).

My FI is a little alarmed at my new hobby... :)

Enjoy your new sapphire! and the public demands HAND SHOTS once it's set! :appl:

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I actually like your ring so much, Mochiko that I would like this to be set just like that but this is an oval, so N/S. I just knew it when I saw the stone that I wanted it to be set like yours. Someone else mentioned the term "makes your heart sing" in another thread, and your ring definitely did that for me so I would like to try to have one myself.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1390273785|3597398 said:
I actually like your ring so much, Mochiko that I would like this to be set just like that but this is an oval, so N/S. I just knew it when I saw the stone that I wanted it to be set like yours. Someone else mentioned the term "makes your heart sing" in another thread, and your ring definitely did that for me so I would like to try to have one myself.

Ooh that sounds like it will be very pretty. You're definitely in good hands with Sally. :)

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I know :) I already have two lotuses but not a blue/purple one yet! Feel free to post handshots of yours here Mochiko! I doubt mine will be as intensely blue as some of the pics of yours.

BTW I decided to set the cushion N/S in an antique looking engraved setting in white gold at my local jeweller, maybe a Stuller setting. I will post pics of that soon too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to your review. Colour changers can be a challenge to photograph so I would go by the video. I hope it's everything you want in a blue to purple sapphire. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So do you a rough timeframe for its arrival? I am so looking forward to the pictures...

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry Minou, it is going to be a while. I think I will have it in a week to two weeks. I promise to post pictures the day I receive it though!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
ilovegemstones|1390411259|3598605 said:
Sorry Minou, it is going to be a while. I think I will have it in a week to two weeks. I promise to post pictures the day I receive it though!

At least it's coming, I'm also looking forward to pics :)

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought quite a few stones from him and it usually takes 3+ weeks for it to arrive.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sweet, but since you live in Canada, we'll cut you a break and give you more than a day for a photoshoot. :wink2:

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Phew, thank you for the grace period! It will take me a good day to hike home from the outpost in my snowshoes. One of my sled dogs is not doing so well. ;-)

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It arrived. It is a pretty stone but is not as blue as I had hoped in outdoor lighting and it is darker thank I had expected (I know that was mentioned here before - thanks.)

I will post more pictures but I am not sure what I will do yet. It is very clear and sparkly with nice red flashes in mixed lighting. I feel though that it blends into my skintone a lot.
Thoughts please!

20140205_123541.jpg

20140205_123508.jpg

20140205_122421.jpg

20140205_122316.jpg

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ilovegemstones|1391622387|3608447 said:
It arrived. It is a pretty stone but is not as blue as I had hoped in outdoor lighting and it is darker thank I had expected (I know that was mentioned here before - thanks.)

I will post more pictures but I am not sure what I will do yet. It is very clear and sparkly with nice red flashes in mixed lighting. I feel though that it blends into my skintone a lot.
Thoughts please!

If you're not sure, I would send it back - it doesn't sound like you are as thrilled as you had hoped to be. If I misread you, please don't take my comments to mean that I think anyone should send that particular stone back because it is pretty; I just know that for me, I would want to 'love it'

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah....it seems to show some pretty gnarly "half and half" extinction, and the color doesn't look nearly as nice as in his photos. If it didn't wow you, I'd send it back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results