shape
carat
color
clarity

Bob Kast Rubellite set & collection pics plus bonus diamond!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Re: Bob Kast Rubellite set & collection pics plus bonus diam

Every time a new comment appears I look at this thread again. I really want to play in your jewelry box now.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Diamondrnglover - Thank you! It does seem to be a bit overwhelming when I lay it all out on the counter top, but now I have the luxury of going back and perfecting the original version of some rings. I had a pink tourmaline in a white gold setting exactly like this, but the half extinction drove me to distraction. My sister mentioned loving the ring a few times, and since her wedding colours were pink and green, I gave her a peridot (her birthstone) halo as a wedding gift, and my old pink tourmaline (my birthstone) for her 30th birthday this year. I loved the rose gold with this stone, so I'm happy I went with it.

Dragonfly411 - LOL, thanks!

Kismet - Then you'll love the next few pics . . . :naughty:

IMG 347a.jpg

IMG 441a.jpg

IMG 409a.jpg

IMG 408a.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Sorry if this gets too repetitive . . . :bigsmile:

IMG 378a.jpg

IMG 576a.jpg

IMG 503a.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock

omg Lauren, now you're on to ring do-overs, lol! I must confess to wanting to do the same thing on a few of mine. And good luck trying to pry Alj's matching oval out of her hot little hands - I happen to know she sleeps with one eye open!

SB621

Ideal_Rock

LTP i feel like we should start a club or something for those PSers who are obsessed with your collectiion. I volunteer to be the hand model!

Love LOVE LOVE your rings! I can't wait to see what you work on next!

iLander

Ideal_Rock

Somebody make her stop! I am getting drool all over my computer! :cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

I say we all go over to Lauren's house and just lay around trying on rings. :appl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier|1289782638|2766071 said:
The coloured rings. . .

GASP! YOu are killing me with that picture! YOur hand looks like it is having quite the festive sparkly party!!!! :love: The rubellite is gorgeous. I so wish my Bob Kast rubellite didn't chip during setting. :(sad Seeing yours makes me want to get another one all over again!! I love that your jeweler will replace some of the melee in that setting. :appl:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cushioncutnut - I've spoken with Bob, and he has more of that rough coming in. Have you asked him about cutting another one for you?

iLander - LOL, now that's an image I can't get out of my head. Makes me immediately think of Hedonism Bot from Futurama!

Sarah - You are too kind! You know, I'm having a ring put together that looks almost exactly like your avatar! All because of you, m'dear! :love:

Cellantini - LOL @ ring do-overs. Yeah. That's definitely what this ring is; a ring do-over! :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier|1290195951|2773202 said:
Cushioncutnut - I've spoken with Bob, and he has more of that rough coming in. Have you asked him about cutting another one for you?

iLander - LOL, now that's an image I can't get out of my head. Makes me immediately think of Hedonism Bot from Futurama!

Sarah - You are too kind! You know, I'm having a ring put together that looks almost exactly like your avatar! All because of you, m'dear! :love:

Cellantini - LOL @ ring do-overs. Yeah. That's definitely what this ring is; a ring do-over! :bigsmile:

Oh good! Thanks for letting me know. I will have to contact him once I have some funds to buy another. Now, if only I can find a jeweler that I feel is confident enough to set it. Maybe I should send it to your jeweler Lauren.... LOL!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

cushioncutnut|1290200983|2773328 said:
LaurenThePartier|1290195951|2773202 said:

Oh good! Thanks for letting me know. I will have to contact him once I have some funds to buy another. Now, if only I can find a jeweler that I feel is confident enough to set it. Maybe I should send it to your jeweler Lauren.... LOL!

CCN, I would be happy to facilitate that transaction if you were comfortable with it. He does amazingly beautiful setting work, and I've trained him really, really well on claw prongs and bezels. Now, we just have to get milgraining down . . . :Up_to_something:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I may just take you up on that! Seriously, I have noticed that his claw prongs have really taken shape. Is he reasonable though? My jeweler wanted $30 to set the 5mm rubellite that was chipped. I thought that was very fair,however, it would have been great if it didn't chip! :errrr:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

I must have been rendered speechless everytime I visit this thread, gorgeous colours, it really lifts the spirits looking at your beautiful photos.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

cushioncutnut|1290202044|2773359 said:
I may just take you up on that! Seriously, I have noticed that his claw prongs have really taken shape. Is he reasonable though? My jeweler wanted $30 to set the 5mm rubellite that was chipped. I thought that was very fair,however, it would have been great if it didn't chip! :errrr:

CCN, I've gotten him down to $50 for those claw prongs. He also is great about perfecting something until I'm happy with it in macro shots. If you want, I can put you in touch with him to have them sent straight to him, and since I'm working on 2 projects with him right now, I'm happy to go in and personally show him how you want your stones/settings set.

Not sure what he would charge for shipping, but I'm more than willing to help out where I can here. I wish you lived near Dallas! :bigsmile:

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems|1290211556|2773558 said:
I must have been rendered speechless everytime I visit this thread, gorgeous colours, it really lifts the spirits looking at your beautiful photos.

Awwww, thank you Lovinggems!!! :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier|1290273290|2774012 said:
cushioncutnut|1290202044|2773359 said:

CCN, I've gotten him down to $50 for those claw prongs. He also is great about perfecting something until I'm happy with it in macro shots. If you want, I can put you in touch with him to have them sent straight to him, and since I'm working on 2 projects with him right now, I'm happy to go in and personally show him how you want your stones/settings set.

Not sure what he would charge for shipping, but I'm more than willing to help out where I can here. I wish you lived near Dallas! :bigsmile:

That sounds great LTP! I wish I did too!! Not sure if he would be willing to do claw prongs on a round ,5 mm stone, but that is not what I am concerned about really. What I want is to have the stone set by someone who is competent setting a rubellite... or a tsavorite even still! On a side note, I did contact Bob through the bisto, but I know he can take a bit to do so. I am in no hurry though. GARSH, I just drool everytime I see your Festival of Rings! :appl: :love:

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock

What an amazing collection of rings! :love:
How do you decide what to wear everyday? :cheeky: :naughty:

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock

What great CS eye candy!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Holy crap!! That is by far the most amazing collection of rings I have ever seen :love:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lauren, enough, enough! I shall not be able to sleep tonight! Ali-Baba's treasure...

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I hadn't been back to this thread in a while, but I wanted to make sure I thanked Crasru, Stargurl78, Colorluvr, and Virgoruby for your kind words!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock

It has some glow to it, too !

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock

I don't even know what to say!
Those are some of the most beautiful photos I have seen on here,
and the hand shots are amazing!
I love the close up of the pear!!!!! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh :love: :love: :love:

stci

Ideal_Rock

Lauren!!!!! Do you really want me to die?

........................... too late...... I'm dead............... :D

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

:love: :cheeky: :naughty: :bigsmile: :love: =) :lickout: :loopy: :Up_to_something: :cheeky: :love: :naughty: :lickout: :bigsmile:

Ring ****!!!!! Hubba hubba!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results