shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphire E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
I just posted my e-ring in the SMTR section. I''ll have to take shots outdoors later, but I was just sooo excited to put this on, FINALLY.

We had it made through Shaw & Shaw Appraisers in downtown DC. Mike Shaw sourced the sapphire for us and helped us design the ring. Highly recommend them!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brendaman,
Thanks for the link. Nice stone and awesome setting. I do have a question about the prongs though. Perhaps it is just me but the prongs seem to be overly long and extend almost to the table of the sapphire. I think the overall look can be improved by shortening the prongs without affect the stability of the stone in the setting.

brendaman

Shiny_Rock
Chrono: Hmmm. I''ve received a couple of comments on this. I''ll talk to the jeweler to ask whether this can be done for very little cost and, more importantly, with no damage to the stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this will be a relatively quick and easy fix, and inexpensive too. Please keep us updated here in CS; I believe that the stone will look larger once the prongs are shortened. I do like the pointiness of the prongs a lot though.
1.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! And congrats on your engagement.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results