shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphire Available!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please be aware that the dimensions indicate that its closer to 9mm than 8mm.

I've bought from Jeff. I would say his photos are accurate with the following caveats: 1) Because he uses bright lighting, the stones in general will appear slightly darker in hand. They will look like the photo when under bright lighting; 2) Bright lighting tends to ever so slightly intensify color saturation imo, so that the stone, unless under strong lighting may look a little less saturated (I'm saying a little less; I am NOT saying this sapphire will be grey by any means, lol); 3) as always, one should ask about how the stone performs in other lighting conditions.

HTH.

Frankly, I cannot believe it hasn't sold yet!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.03ct blue Sapphire - Ceylon
8.67 x 8.62 x 6.98 mm
eye clean, nice cut
heat only, no beryllium

So that's definitely over 8mm.

aigs_report.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Got it 8.6mm is different though if you are going to set this because of the depth I would think you would limit your options. Well I love the color I still can't get over the deep cut.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
We are so spoiled here with precision cuts! Anywhere else, this would be praised as being an amazing big blue sapphire! Sure, it's got a little bit too much belly going on, but in the grand scheme of things, this is a highly desirable stone, in a nice cut and nice color! It's much, much better than sapphires most people would ever see in their lifetime!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1373481769|3480380 said:
We are so spoiled here with precision cuts! Anywhere else, this would be praised as being an amazing big blue sapphire! Sure, it's got a little bit too much belly going on, but in the grand scheme of things, this is a highly desirable stone, in a nice cut and nice color! It's much, much better than sapphires most people would ever see in their lifetime!

Wow, we really lose sight sometimes don't we freak?! Thanks for being us back to reality a bit! Chrono was just saying the same thing...

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
Add me to the list of those who have purchased from Jeff (twice) and found his photos and descriptions to be mostly accurate. I do think that his videos all have something going on with lighting that causes the stones to appear darker and/or to have dark flashes as the stone rotates. For what it's worth, the color of the blue sapphire I purchased from him was slightly better than I had expected based on the video (in my opinion, at least). The AIGS photo may also a decent indicator, at least based on my admittedly limited experience (the 3 AIGS briefs that I have look pretty close). Truth be told, when this gem came up on my FB newsfeed the other day I immediately began wondering what I could sell to come up with the $$$, so I too hope it sells before I figure that out :)

SB621

Ideal_Rock
FrekeChild|1373481769|3480380 said:

Such a double edge sword right?!?! I remember how happy I was before PS with my CS purchases. I thought they were fantastic. And then PS came and gave me these super high standards that hurt my wallet and drive me crazy looking for the perfect balance of cut, tone, color, saturation etc.....they need to sell pills for this right?

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think its a great stone, by a vendor that I've dealt with many times.

Minou, it is nice to see that you've gone from criticizing Jeff's pictures and his stones, to the opposite. I think that is admirable that you were able to give him a chance and see how nice his stones are instead of just giving a critique of a stone/photo without having really dealt with the vendor.

I think (anyone) needs to see stones in the hand from vendors before we really comment on the stones. There is only so much information that can be pulled from a photograph or even a video.

VL, as Chrono said, zoning, or color overall is only judged from the stone face-up. And, at least in this case, the extra weight in the pavillion is not harming the performance of the stone IMO. It is just extra weight that you are 'paying for'. But, keep the price of the stone in perspective compared to other stones from other vendors, and I feel that you aren't really "paying" for anything extra.

There are times when too much weight in the pavillion WILL affect a stone's performance....big bellies create their own negative attributes just like windows in stones that are too shallow or cut in incorrect angles. But that is not the case here--stone looks great to me.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChrisA222|1373569204|3481193 said:
Minou, it is nice to see that you've gone from criticizing Jeff's pictures and his stones, to the opposite. I think that is admirable that you were able to give him a chance and see how nice his stones are instead of just giving a critique of a stone/photo without having really dealt with the vendor.

Chris - thanks for the kind words, but if you read what I wrote, I'm not sure I deserve them! I was still commenting on differences between the reality of the stones and his photos and warning folks. Just to be clear, I said I find in hand his stones to be darker than his photos, and slightly less saturated. That does not mean I ever doubted the quality of his stones, just his photos. :)) For that matter, I have learned to "auto correct" his photos in my mind so I imagine what his stones would look like in hand. Even so, I have bought a dud or two from him as well.

Which gets me to a bigger point I'd like to make (I'm on my soapbox now - good luck getting me down! :bigsmile: ). I *think* a while back you *may* have misinterpreted my remarks about vendor photos. By commenting on photos, I was in no way impugning the character of the vendor nor even doubting the quality of the stones; just saying they could do a better job with their photos. Admittedly, I have a hard time when vendors get on here and whine about how hard it is to provide hand shots or videos. It is their business and their prerogative; they can either do it or not. But we know from others that good photos can be taken (i.e., Gene, Barry, and often Michael from Litnon) and therefore if they wanted to, they could figure it out as well. If I sold stones professionally, I would make darn sure my photos were as good and accurate as I could get, because I believe I would sell more if I did. But that's me.

And not that you asked, but your photos have significantly changed in a good way. I bet, since you seem to have standardized them and take them outside in what appears to be a similar spot, that they are fairly representative of how the stones look in hand. I also bet that as a seller, you are getting a better and more positive response to your stones due to your photos. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results