shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue, Green, Pink...fun mini mix of tourmalines

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I have posted about these new-ish gems briefly, but just gotten the chance recently for some photos.
I would like to firstly thank Dana of MasterCut for his warm & friendly service, super fast shipping - and especially to wish him
a speedy and full recovery from his recent turn.
I don't have anything in particular planned for these tourms, but when I saw them I thought they were such a unique find, and for the excellent price Dana asked for the lot I figured they would simply be fun to own ::)

They absolutely are fun - the colours are bright, lively and well matched, the cutting and calibration is great especially on such small stones - but I must admit Dana has the patience of a saint to arrange them perfectly in their cases as he did; I on the other hand do not seem to posses such virtue! :bigsmile:

Specs:
3mm square cuts, natural tourmalines, VVS clarity, no treatments. Origin mixed (?), some Brazilian.
Lot one in round container: 36 gems, 6.48 carats total. Colours: bright blue, rose pink and champagne.
Lot two in rectangular container: 32 gems, 5.84 carats total. Colours: Rose pink, grass green, couple neon blue-green and couple darker green.

Ok, enough yapping - on to some pics!
First up, Dana's lovely patterning. I will also mention that the colours in Dana's photos are very very accurate to real life viewing.

tourms dana aj1.jpg

tourmalines dana aj2.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so firstly a disclaimer before my photos - this is certainly not my best pic moment :oops:
I was too concerned to take these little guys outside, not to mention the weather is miserable - so most of them are under halogen lights inside, which as cliched as it sounds are not doing them favours :(
Once we have some sun I will take them out for some prettier ones.

I hope you enjoy anyway, thanks for looking ::)

here is my...well, less attractive layout :D
Not sure why, but my camera didn't want to pick up the pink ones - I promise they are there!

DSC07130rs.JPG

DSC07133rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Showing the blues and greens..

DSC07116rs.JPG

DSC07120rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
some flower and group shots :))

DSC07137rs.JPG

DSC07152rs.JPG

DSC07154rs.JPG

DSC07149rs.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very fun!

I think they'd make an awesome belt buckle. Just kidding.

Maybe a bracelet of sorts?-

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
blues and greens with flower

DSC07177rs.JPG

DSC07168rs.JPG

DSC07176rs.JPG

DSC07184rs.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
pinks with flower, and I think that's it! :wavey:

DSC07155rs.JPG

DSC07159rs.JPG

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
what fun! i like the solid block with two greens in one corner.

mz

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about square earrings with asymmetrical placement of greens/pinks?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
Very fun!

I think they'd make an awesome belt buckle. Just kidding.

Maybe a bracelet of sorts?-

Thanks MTG! Yep, a big blingy shiny belt buckle so I can go down my local RSL to line dance of a friday :cry: :rodent:
I think I like your bracelet idea better :bigsmile:

brandy_z28 said:
I second the bracelet idea! Too cool AJ! :appl:

Cheers Brandy. I do agree a bracelet seems like the most practical idea..HoweverI am waiting on one to be finished atm, so I'm not sure if I have use for 2 gemstone bracelets..
I was thinking perhaps using one of the colour groups (for example the blues and greens) in the band of a ring as an accent to a different gem centre stone...Something in the same colour family, not sure what yet..What do you think?

kribbie said:
I also think a bracelet would be awesome!

Thanks Kribbie! If you see any pics that you think would work...I am having trouble picturing a good design..

movie zombie said:
what fun! i like the solid block with two greens in one corner.

mz

Thank you MZ - yup, those two blues were flow-over when I moved them around. Good thing, as I lost one blue when whilst taking photos :(sad Ah well, if there was ever a gem it is ok to lose..one of these lil guys I'm sure fits that bill. ;))

crasru said:
How about square earrings with asymmetrical placement of greens/pinks?

Hi crasru - I like the earring idea, thanks. I don't wear any earrings these days, but I do have my ears pierced..
Perhaps these could be a nice pair to get back in the habit..I'm sure an etsy vendor like Daniel M could come up with something really fun for them.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is still a Tiara. Please bring them into fashion

The colors are just great together, definitely a set I wish I had bought myself :D

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
I love your flower pics - make sure you don't sneeze when taking pics though. :bigsmile:

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
davi_el_mejor said:
My vote is still a Tiara. Please bring them into fashion

The colors are just great together, definitely a set I wish I had bought myself :D

ha ha - I'm not sure I'm a Tiara kinda girl Davi - you may have to try with someone else.. :bigsmile:
Thanks for your comments.

virgoruby said:
I love your flower pics - make sure you don't sneeze when taking pics though. :bigsmile:

Cheers Virgo! Yes, I was holding my breath to take the photos..a number still did drop on the carpet and I couldn't find one at the end.

Imdanny said:
:o So beautiful, wow.

Cheers Danny!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
It's going to be fun to see what you do with them. I'm impressed with the glove Arjuna and very impressed with the photo of them scattered casually over the petal of the lilly :-o

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow aj, surely there is a career prospect in your fantastic photography skills and great eye for gorgeous gems?? :love:

LOVE the pics, and can't wait to see what comes of these little babies!! I'm a complete tennis necklace/bracelet nut... but perhaps they're just going to be fun to own and play with! :bigsmile:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Hi AJ! :wavey:

I'm totally fascinated with these square gemstones.....they are incredibly beautiful!

Lori

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thank you kindly Klewis, Andi and Lori!

I finally had the time and nice weather to take some new photos that show how pretty these tourms actually are -
just a warning, it was perfect photo weather so get ready for pic overload :D

First up, the pinks and goldens (with two blues filling the gap).
These photos show a lot better the difference between the colours, which looked more mixed in the last lot.

Hope you enjoy folks!

pinks 4.JPG

pinks 5.JPG

pinks 3.JPG

pinks.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Closer up to show the facets..

pinks close 2.JPG

pinks close 3.JPG

pinks close 4.JPG

pinks facets.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
few more ::)

pinks one.JPG

pinks 6.JPG

pinks 8.JPG

pinks shade.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Next up, the blues and greens together. There are one or two more olive/darker greens but apart from
I really love all of these stones, the blues show up in real life just as in these pics. :))

(again, lots of pics hope no one minds). ;))

blues 3.JPG

blues 4.JPG

blues 5.JPG

blues 1.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
up closer..

blues vertical1.JPG

blues vertical.JPG

blues closeup2.JPG

blues closeup.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
in shaded sun..

blues three.JPG

blues two.JPG

blues facets2.JPG

blues one.JPG

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
last few, including a couple loose stones and in direct sun.
cheers for looking :)

And thank you Dana from MasterCut for such a fun and pretty purchase. :wavey:

blues facets.JPG

blues loose.JPG

blues loose2.JPG

blues sun3.JPG

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool!

I really like how they look laid out in a square or rectangular pattern in a color brock fashion like you have them, and I imagine they could look cool as a pendant like that!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone heard about Diamond Jim? He was a famous Chicago gangster of the 20-es. Not only did he wear diamonds everywhere, he also carried them in his pockets and from time to time would take them out and play with them, fascinated by their radiance.

I think, even if you do not make anything out of them, you could play with them, like Diamond Jim did with his stones.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE those, especially the blue/green ones! Deciding what to do with them would be tons of fun. Not only a tiara, Danny, maybe a stomacher? :lol: They would be cool in earrings or combined w/a bigger stone in a necklace. Having chipped a tourmaline ring when I banged my hand on a display case a day after I got it, I'd be creeped out to put them in a bracelet myself, but I tend to be cloddish.

Hope you do something soon so we can see pics of it!!

--- Laurie

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
to the OP: please know that you inspired me with your photos......to buy 23 pakistan peridots cut in princess shape that all together total 9.38 carats AND 70 pieces of pink tourmaline cut from one piece of rough into round brilliants totaling 7.57 carats. still not sure what i'll do with them...thinking broach, though.

again, thanks for the inspiration to move beyond the bigger is better mindset!

MoZo

ps actually, when one adds up those tiny sparklers their carat weight is "respectable"!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results