shape
carat
color
clarity

Black Star Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Here are some photos I took today of my Black Star Sapphire. It is 7.43 ct., and it is heat-only, not diffused. The star is sort of an ecru color, and so far I have not observed the star inside my home, only on the patio. The stone is called black, but it has a golden cast, especially in the box, because you see through the stone and into the cotton underneath. The effect is quite similar to looking into a glass paperweight. I really enjoy looking at it. My plans were for a pendant; it is a bit large for a ring.
But with a pendant I would not be able to watch the star move! So, I am going to do a search and see if I can find any examples of these used in a bracelet. Hope! you enjoy

First one, in the box:

tabby black.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
it looks beautiful, I bet the colored stone folks would get a kick at the eye candy
2.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, sorry, wrong place. I asked the adm. to move it over for me!!

cheradrian

Rough_Rock
Trade
Beautiful stone! I also have a couple black star sapphires (of similar size) that I bought while in Afghanistan. I''ll see if I can find some pictures (just gotta figure out which hard drive it''s on). But I''d like to see what comes of your project. The stones I have are loose also (and too large for a ring) and I''ve been looking for something to do with them.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your black star sapphire is lovely and eye catching! Would you consider setting it in a pendant on a longer chain that would allow you to look down and see it? I am also captivated by the gorgeous rings that you are wearing on your ring finger. Any more pictures of those???

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 5:58:50 PM
Author: Pink Tower
Oops, sorry, wrong place. I asked the adm. to move it over for me!!

Oh, Pink, that''s why I never saw it!!! It''s very cool!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Another star sapphire! I''m having a good time seeing all these beauties these past few weeks.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful! I love the unique color!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
This was at first in the Diamonds forum; my mistake. Anyway, I think the post is missing, but someone said they brought back bunches of these when they were on military duty in Afganistan. So, if you have someone over there right now, you may want to inquire further.
This one came out of Madagascar. I gather black is not so highly prized as a color, but it is really a lovely, subtle stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results