shape
carat
color
clarity

Best place to sell gemstones as private

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
liao|1415403809|3779490 said:
ReneTS|1415403284|3779485 said:
Thank you very much... I have sent an email to Masonkay and HKTDC, so hopefully they might be able to help. In the meantime I will try and post them on loupetroop tomorrow and see what happens :)

why do you send email to HKTDC? it's a database site of Chinese companies. that database might have Chia Ta Jewellery Co Ltd in its server, but you need contact Chia Ta Jewellery Co Ltd instead of the database administrator :angel:

That was just a typo Im afraid... I just checked and I did sent it to Chia Ta Jewelry :) So all should be good :D

liao

Shiny_Rock
pregcurious|1415388587|3779357 said:
Good point about the jadeite and not being able to import Burmese stones into the US. It is better for you to find a European buyer for the jadeite.

I think what Liao means by "glow" is that it would look almost neon. In the US, it is very difficult/impossible to find high quality jadeite because there is no market for it.

You can also contact Mason-Kay, if they have an office in Europe? They will buy jadeite. I don't know about the price they will offer you.

I tried to use the term 'neon' jadeite in the past, but it not widely acceptable :nono:

almost impossible to find high quality jadeite in US? may be jadeite is not popular in US. Nevertheless, two years ago, I bought a decent nearly icy jadeite in a garage sale near a restaurant I had dinner in Pasadena, California. The seller told me it is a sculptured serpentine (it does look like serpentine with its black inclusion signature), but it cannot fool my eye. I bought it for only <$100, and send it to gubelin. I will post the pic later :naughty:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would advise for the Abalone pearl to be listed on LT, and then advertise its availability in the Pearls Forum, as it is a nice specimen, IMHO, and a pearl lover may snap it up.

DK :))

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
liao|1415420901|3779571 said:
pregcurious|1415388587|3779357 said:
Good point about the jadeite and not being able to import Burmese stones into the US. It is better for you to find a European buyer for the jadeite.

I think what Liao means by "glow" is that it would look almost neon. In the US, it is very difficult/impossible to find high quality jadeite because there is no market for it.

You can also contact Mason-Kay, if they have an office in Europe? They will buy jadeite. I don't know about the price they will offer you.

I tried to use the term 'neon' jadeite in the past, but it not widely acceptable :nono:

almost impossible to find high quality jadeite in US? may be jadeite is not popular in US. Nevertheless, two years ago, I bought a decent nearly icy jadeite in a garage sale near a restaurant I had dinner in Pasadena, California. The seller told me it is a sculptured serpentine (it does look like serpentine with its black inclusion signature), but it cannot fool my eye. I bought it for only <$100, and send it to gubelin. I will post the pic later :naughty:
Liao, you're correct that jadeite is not popular in the US. I have never seen a top jade in person. I am Asian, and grew up with it, so I am interested in it. It also looks very nice on my skin, and I like how durable it is :)

You can use the term "neon" to describe the color on PS, I think, but not as type of category or grade. We will know what you mean.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the joys of visiting my mum once in a while in HK is the opportunity to ogle at fine jewellery, especially jade.

I like jade, however, jade does not like me.

DK :))

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
I finally got them all posted on Loupe Troop, so now it is just to wait and see if there is any response :) But does it look ok or have I missed some information?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
You should add that you are a private person and that the sale is final! Otherwise you ship it around the world and get it back after several weeks.

And paypal only!!! Safer for you!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
While this may seem like a good idea, please do not! it is not allowed per forum rules:
dk168 said:
I would advise for the Abalone pearl to be listed on LT, and then advertise its availability in the Pearls Forum, as it is a nice specimen, IMHO, and a pearl lover may snap it up.DK :))

Instead, do what LK recommends below. As Preg states, this is the only place on PS where listing your items for sale is allowed:
LoversKites said:
You should make a thread with some details and pictures here to let PSers know about your listings:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/[/URL]

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the advice :) I have just listed them on the Preloved jewels forum, so hopefully someone will see them there too.
But do the prices seem fair enough?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ReneTS|1415472197|3779819 said:
Thanks for the advice :) I have just listed them on the Preloved jewels forum, so hopefully someone will see them there too.

Rene: unfortunately, you need to list them for sale on another site like DiamondBistro or Loupetroop. Then, you post them on Preloved as an announcement of where they are for sale, if that makes sense. This is because Preloved is not a direct sale site and there is no way of contacting you via Preloved. So you will need to make postings and then provide links in your Preloved threads. HTH.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1415473403|3779825 said:

Rene: unfortunately, you need to list them for sale on another site like DiamondBistro or Loupetroop. Then, you post them on Preloved as an announcement of where they are for sale, if that makes sense. This is because Preloved is not a direct sale site and there is no way of contacting you via Preloved. So you will need to make postings and then provide links in your Preloved threads. HTH.

Sorry - now I see that you just forgot the links!

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
Thanks for letting me know. I have just edited the abalone post, but I can't edit the others for some reason ??

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
minousbijoux|1415473623|3779827 said:
minousbijoux|1415473403|3779825 said:

Sorry - now I see that you just forgot the links!

Thanks for posting the links in my posts :)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost certain to have seen cross-link to items for sale listed in LT other than in the Preloved Forum, and do not realise that is not allowed.

DK :confused:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1415474349|3779835 said:
I am almost certain to have seen cross-link to items for sale listed in LT other than in the Preloved Forum, and do not realise that is not allowed.

DK :confused:

Probably because it went unnoticed by the Mods. But for future reference, now you know that it is not allowed. You can link to the sale threads of other PSers, but just not your own as that is considered self-promotion. :))

liao

Shiny_Rock
This is the jadeite that I bought in garage sale in US

The quality is 6 in scale of 1 to 10, but I bought it for <$100. I sent it to gubelin, and they are agree that this sculpture is jadeite. The black inclusion is the main drawback. it made this jadeite looks like a cheap serpentine :((

img_20141107_203202.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
liao|1415491947|3779903 said:
This is the jadeite that I bought in garage sale in US

The quality is 6 in scale of 1 to 10, but I bought it for <$100. I sent it to gubelin, and they are agree that this sculpture is jadeite. The black inclusion is the main drawback. it made this jadeite looks like a cheap serpentine :((

Give it to me if the inclusions bother you that much... :)) :devil:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, it is sooo ugly - send it to LoversKites!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooooooooooo, send it to ME! :shhh:

ReneTS

Rough_Rock
I just sold the jadeite to a man in Hong Kong through diamondbistro. Thanks for letting me know of that site :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ReneTS|1416520282|3787533 said:
I just sold the jadeite to a man in Hong Kong through diamondbistro. Thanks for letting me know of that site :)

Good for you Rene, congratulations! Just as a cautionary note: we are really not allowed to discuss our sales, and where we are selling, outside of the Preloved section. Since you have a thread there already and have been updating the thread to reflect when an item sells, it might not be a good idea to update this thread about your sales since it might be misconstrued as self-promotion by the Mods as well as other sellers. This is just my thought, but I don't like getting scolded so I use an abundance of caution. Just wanted to warn you in case you were like me. :)) :praise:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
We are closing this post as we don't allow discussion of your own sales on other forums unless it is hypothetical. :wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results