shape
carat
color
clarity

Becareful when buying jadeite in Burma

liao

Shiny_Rock
I never see this many fake jade being sold by medium-sized dealer. I visited a lot of dealer, and 9 out of 10 were selling something like these:

This one looks like a white-brown jadeite or nephrite from xinjiang. Apparently, I suspect this is dyed chalcedony because the density is much lower than nephrite (this piece's density is around 2.6). The seller tried to sold this one for $1500 until I proved that he was wrong. I gave this for free as long as I left his shop at that instant :nono:

I have also seen some jadeite that glow in low intensity light. It even glow in the dark :lol: I suspected that the jadeite has been coated with some material such as uranium glass. I really want to take a pic of this 'jadeite', but the seller forbid me :-o

img_20141118_195828.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scary, truly scary to think that many others have been scammed this way.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Makes it so hard to buy these days unless the item has a proper report from a major lab stating no treatment ;(

Kroshka

liao

Shiny_Rock
kroshka|1416429798|3786680 said:
Makes it so hard to buy these days unless the item has a proper report from a major lab stating no treatment ;(

Kroshka

when dealing with high quality jadeite, I only trust Gubelin. Other major lab... not really :nono:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results