shape
carat
color
clarity

Barry's ACS August Sale: Who got What?

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
BN, it takes my breath away! You can't accuse Barry of taking a glam shot of that stone, I passed it up but in your pics, well, someone already said "palpitations," so I'll go with tachycardia, when I see that sparkle and that shade of yellow. With that high table, I would think a ring? :love:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I promise :lol: :devil: :lol:

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StonieGrl said:
BN, it takes my breath away! You can't accuse Barry of taking a glam shot of that stone, I passed it up but in your pics, well, someone already said "palpitations," so I'll go with tachycardia, when I see that sparkle and that shade of yellow. With that high table, I would think a ring? :love:

Sorry about this, Missi...

Thanks, StonieGrl. Yeah, the picture put me off a little bit too. I asked Barry a ton of questions, and figured if I don't like it, I can always send it back. It looks nothing like his pic. It's the most gorgeous (I should probably shut up about this already) shade of yellow and is so bright. And the profile is amazing as well. It will definitely go in to a ring. I'm thinking something like the LOGR lotus or the one Yingh (right person?) had her Barry aqua set in.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
*shakes fist menacingly* Mean! Mean I say!

But now, it's on a different page see..tho I do hold you responsible if I happen to click the wrong button and end up on page 2. Just sayin.

Gah bring on the projects! I can work on/make payments on 3 at the same time right??

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse said:
This is the chrysoberyl that I got from Barry about a week ago.

4.5 c
9.5 mm

I really like this picture, but I didn't mean to post it twice :confused:

Anyway, the stone is a beautiful shade of yellow, with a high crown and small table.
OMG I hadn't checked this thread in a while. That looks so much better than Barry's photo. What a gorgeous color. I'm green with envy here.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza! I think that photo was taken back when Barbara owned the site--Barry's pics are very different!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, that's what Barry said.

Ugh, 1:00 AM, I spend way too much time here.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow Baby nurse love your Chryso! Hope that mine can be somewhere close to that of yours ;-) Its taking a long time to get to me.....

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trust Barry’s pictures to be either be consistently accurate or worse looking than the stone IRL but never better, so a buyer is almost always happy with the purchase. BN, you are one lucky gal! Your chrysoberyl is going to be a sparkler from the high crown making the most of the high RI and the colour isn’t as brown as Barry’s picture. It’s a lovely shade of golden yellow.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Alright gals! My oval Chrysoberyl is here =) It is not close to Barry's photo in a positive way. It appears golden in Barry's photo, but IRL it is closer to Barry's description. There is a slight tint of green and it is indeed a bright stone. I kinda like the elongated oval as its different from my other stones and most importantly it fits my 8X6mm oval mount ;)) here u go!

Photo0445.jpg

Photo0448.jpg

Photo0440.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a really pretty stone, Chic! And I've admired that setting for a long time; it will look lovely in there!

Good to see your pictures! It makes me tempted to buy Barry's other chryso oval... ;))

portia

Brilliant_Rock
BN, I love your chrysoberyl! Liquid gold is right! WOW!! :sun:

Chictomato, I love your chrysoberyl, too. It looks fantastic in that setting!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, portia! It really does look like liquid gold, it's not just the pictures. I have other projects in mind but I'm tempted to throw them on the back burner and get this stone set!

Chic's stone is so pretty as well, I'm wishing I could pick up the one on Barry's site that looks like hers!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay! Glad to see your pics Chic! It's so pretty! Ahhh the thirst for another continues!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thank u gals, I have 2 rings on their way to be set. Will post some photos when its done!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I just noticed that someone bought the BB/JKT tourmaline pendant. It's gorgeous, I hope it went to a PSer. :))

BN and Chic--I love your chrysoberyls, they're beautiful! I so want to get the other oval one but I've been trying not to buy gemstones so I can finish my project with JKT.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Burberrygirl said:
I so want to get the other oval one but I've been trying not to buy gemstones so I can finish my project with JKT.

Trying to resist the power of the dark side? Come on over and join my trays of unset gems! Buahaha!

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Lady_Disdain said:
Burberrygirl said:
I so want to get the other oval one but I've been trying not to buy gemstones so I can finish my project with JKT.

Trying to resist the power of the dark side? Come on over and join my trays of unset gems! Buahaha!

Lol, thanks for the laugh! Well, my JKT project was supposed to be done it time for my birthday in October but I had to push it back. Plus I have more expenses since moving out... sometimes growing up sucks lol. Oh, and my cousin is having a destination wedding in February which my sister has decided to make into a 10 day vacation so I have to pay for that too. I think I'm going to have to put off buying gems for another six months or so ;(. I'll just have to life vicariously through everyone else until March! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results