shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Barry B spinel earring drops

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Once upon a time my husband bought me a little spinel from ACS for Valentine's day.

Valentine Spinel stats: Round Spinel, 0.65ct 5.2mm pink/lavender, eyeclean

Then I asked Barry for a matched pair of spinels. He did his best but none were up to his standards. So I sat on my haunches. For about 3 years. And then one day I saw a little spinel sitting on ACS after one of his drops. Left behind and unloved. And an almost PERFECT match for my little super bright spinel that had been sitting in my gem box for years.

Second spinel stats: Mahenge Spinel .71 ct., 5.4mm round brilliant. This spinel has a medium/light lavender color. Flawless at 10x.

IMG_3536 freke.jpg

lavender pink.jpg

sized 06.JPG

sized 96.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I had to do earrings. Influenced by an ering I have that's center stone is almost the same exact color as these, I wanted marquise shapes incorporated.

Small diamond marquises are hard to find. Just so you know.

And I sketched what I wanted...and then revised.

I had a ring with some small OEC/OMCs, so I planned on using those for the melee. Packed the spinels, all of the diamonds and sent it off.

So who did I go to? Daniel M of course.

And then I got CADs.

pink spinel earring drops.jpg

spinel earring drop.jpg

pink drop CADs.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And then Caren told me that my round diamonds didn't suit the pink stones. I had them source the pink sapphire melee. They adjusted my proportions on the small top pink sapphires because I originally wanted some 1mm sapphs, and they were ridiculously small and barely would be visible.

So she suggested that they go ahead and source the 3mm diamonds and the 2mm diamonds. My marquises were ok. I told her single cuts! Because I'm obsessed. And because they go best with Barry B's cuts.

And then they were done.

Caren's pics

il_fullxfull.342608738.jpg

il_fullxfull.342608770.jpg

il_fullxfull.342608830.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And after a minor snafu with the post office...they were in my hot little hands.

Barry pair.JPG

pink and diamonds2.JPG

pink and diamonds3.JPG

pink and diamonds4.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pics.

pink and diamonds5.JPG

pink and diamonds6.JPG

pink and diamonds7.JPG

sparkles.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And ear shots. My poor diamond looks a bit yellow in these pics. Which is one reason for the pink sapphire being the closest stone to it. In real life, they do not look this yellow.

earring shot1.JPG

earring shot2.JPG

earring shot3.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last ones....

Sorry I couldn't share a video Minou, but as soon as I take one, I'll get the link to you!

earring shot4.JPG

earring shot5.JPG

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I usually insult you in some manner when I post on your threads but I can't now. These are amazing. And in my fav colors. I want to try them on!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got it! I know what to say! [**clears her throat and adjusts voice to a soothing but stern maternal tone**}:

You know, Freke, it is Really. Not. A Good Idea. to have dangly earrings around a baby. She could so easily reach for them and pull them out of your ears. She might even want to eat them :o Oh, no, no, no, I'm afraid that Its Just Not a Good Idea right now. I will take very good care of them until after you are finished having your sixth or seventh baby, and you will not be worried any more about little adorable hands grabbing for the prize... :bigsmile:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha - I'm afraid you'll have to get in line, Minous. :Up_to_something:

Those really are stunning, Freke. It was fate that that matching stone was waiting for you. :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just so beautiful and delicate, Freke! Love the feminine vibe they give off and they look amazing in your ears!!! Fantastic that this spinel came to you... what is meant to be, will be!!
Enjoy!!!
(and yah, be careful with your little one when you have them on!)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely LOVE everything about them!!!!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those look awesome. I love fun, swingy earrings!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
So unique and perfect for you! I love seeing and reading stories about how custom pieces came about - congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
"It's don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing"! OMG, I wish I had that swing in my backyard...errr, on my ears! I LOVE that they are detachables. Sooooooooooooo excited for you! I want detachables for my studs SO MUCH it hurts. Especially pearl drops, but I can't even do that...and then you pull this off. I want to lick them. :lickout:

They are lovely!! Really, really lovely!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Those are ridiculously awesome!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
beautiful!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love the ear shots! they are lovely and even lovlier on you.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings, and such an interesting design. I love dangles, they are flattering, and I can only imagine how they look IRL.
The ring is beautiful, too.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Can I please adopt you? :bigsmile:

p.s. I was just reading some old threads and you talked smack about us parents being "suckers" ..OMG am I going to throw down some quotes on you in the next few years. :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
miraclesrule|1339824129|3217541 said:
Can I please adopt you? :bigsmile:

p.s. I was just reading some old threads and you talked smack about us parents being "suckers" ..OMG am I going to throw down some quotes on you in the next few years. :lol:
Yes. Please do. I don't have a spess in my collection. :naughty:

Feel free. I'll take my licks. Or I'll just go through and have Ella delete stuff! JK!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments! I so love these. I pulled them out of the box and gasped. I wish all of you could see them in real life, pictures really don't do anything for them.

When I saw Caren's pictures, I though, "Oh no, I made the wrong choice with the pink sapphire melee" but they look amazing IRL. The spinels are so light that with just the diamonds they barely have a pink tinge. The sapphires are so tiny that they really give it that subtle pink kick and make the spinels actually look pink! Plus they help them go with so many other outfits (and shoes!).

They are so elegant though, I have no idea when I'll have the chance to wear them (SAFELY without a baby involved!).

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I'll break them in for you! Never mind. Miss V will try to stick them in her ears like she did with my studs last night...Silly Wabbit.

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Love the bezel settings! So beautiful, unique, and heirloom set of earrings for sure! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1339825955|3217550 said:
Thank you everyone for your wonderful compliments! I so love these. I pulled them out of the box and gasped. I wish all of you could see them in real life, pictures really don't do anything for them.
When I saw Caren's pictures, I though, "Oh no, I made the wrong choice with the pink sapphire melee" but they look amazing IRL. The spinels are so light that with just the diamonds they barely have a pink tinge. The sapphires are so tiny that they really give it that subtle pink kick and make the spinels actually look pink! Plus they help them go with so many other outfits (and shoes!).

They are so elegant though, I have no idea when I'll have the chance to wear them (SAFELY without a baby involved!).

Don't know how I missed these, but I gasped also. Very sweet earrings. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results