shape
carat
color
clarity

Aqua Iolani Ring - What do you think I could sell this for?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I purchased an aqua from Gemfix and had it set in the Iolani setting by HeartofWater last year. I am finding that I am just not wearing it that much so I would like to post it on DB. I am curious to see what the Colored Stone experts think its worth though because I'm guessing I won't get anywhere near the amount I paid for it :knockout: The stone was more than $300 and the setting was very expensive too (more than $800 I think) because it is handmade and quite heavy. The ring is 14k white gold and its a size 4.25. The ring can be resized (my jeweler has resized it once) but I'm not sure by how much. The stone is 2.35 ct and measures 8.75mm. Its beautifully cut. The sidestones are 2 mm white zircons and they perform very nicely.

Let me know what you guys think. Just trying to decide if it would be worth trying to sell... Here are the shots from Sally and I can post a few of my pics when I get home. The photos really don't do this ring justice.

Iolani Aqua 1.jpg

Iolani Aqua 2.jpg

Iolani Aqua 3.jpg

Iolani Aqua 4.jpg

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Re: Aqua Iolani Ring - What do you think I could sell this f

One last photo for now and I'll try to post a few more later...

Iolani Aqua 5.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stargurl78|1333985791|3166633 said:
I purchased an aqua from Gemfix and had it set in the Iolani setting by HeartofWater last year. I am finding that I am just not wearing it that much so I would like to post it on DB. I am curious to see what the Colored Stone experts think its worth though because I'm guessing I won't get anywhere near the amount I paid for it :knockout: The stone was more than $300 and the setting was very expensive too (more than $800 I think) because it is handmade and quite heavy. The ring is 14k white gold and its a size 4.25. The ring can be resized (my jeweler has resized it once) but I'm not sure by how much. The stone is 2.35 ct and measures 8.75mm. Its beautifully cut. The sidestones are 2 mm white zircons and they perform very nicely.

Let me know what you guys think. Just trying to decide if it would be worth trying to sell... Here are the shots from Sally and I can post a few of my pics when I get home. The photos really don't do this ring justice.

It's a precision cut aqua and in a custom setting, so I would start at $1K and ask for best offers. I think it will go quick because people LOVE precision cut gems, especially aquas, and it's very nicely made. Good luck!

gongli

Rough_Rock

stargurl78|1333985791|3166633 said:
I'm guessing I won't get anywhere near the amount I paid for it :knockout: The stone was more than $300 and the setting was very expensive too (more than $800 I think) because it is handmade and quite heavy.

Just trying to decide if it would be worth trying to sell...

very nice ring, but the only (remotely) comparable ring i found was

http://diamondbistro.com/category/219/Colored-Center-Stone/listings/27870/EC-Aquamarine,-Tourmaline-and-diamond-wg-ring.html

your aqua has a more vivid color and better cut but might be smaller?

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thanks TL! I think that sounds fair and you're right, precision cut stones are quite popular and aquas seem to be too. And it really is a very well made ring, HoW does a beautiful job. I hate to sell it but I have several rings that spend much more time in my jewelry box than on my finger so it doesn't make sense to keep them.

gongli - That stone is definitely larger but mine has better color and is precision cut. So I'm not really sure how to compare them. I'll definitely check around DB and eBay to see what similar rings might be selling for. Thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh! stargurl - "I have lust in my heart!" (thank you Jimmy Carter...) :lol:

That is gorgeous - I am so envious of the smaller fingers you have, that some lucky PSer will be the new owner.... and that my bank account doesn't have enough in it to just run off with that ring! I love the combination - it is beautiful. Best of luck - it should be snapped up quickly, it's so stunning! Love HoW Iolani settings!!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Thanks Enerchi! It really will be hard to pass along but hopefully someone else with little fingers (or someone who wants to have it resized) will snap it up. I love the Iolani settings too, Freefly's yellow gold Iolani with the gorgeous OEC is what sparked my love of them. Here is some eye candy in case you haven't seen her ring :wink2:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-back-from-thailand-with-new-ring-from-sally.126901/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-back-from-thailand-with-new-ring-from-sally.126901/[/URL]

And here are a few more of my aqua below:

march 13th 012.JPG

bistro 007.JPG

March 26 050.JPG

March 26 053.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a pretty ring! I think it will go fast. Looks great with your hot pink nail polish btw. :love:

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

missy said:
What a pretty ring! I think it will go fast. Looks great with your hot pink nail polish btw. :love:

Thanks Missy! I just posted it and I hope you're right!

(And thanks about the nail polish! :wink2: )

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock

Wow, that's beautiful! I feel the same -- frustrated my budget won't let me snap that up! It should go very quickly -- especially if you use the top hand photo in your listing, shows it off very well -- and it is great w/your nailpolish! Good luck.

--- Laurie

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak said:
Wow, that's beautiful! I feel the same -- frustrated my budget won't let me snap that up! It should go very quickly -- especially if you use the top hand photo in your listing, shows it off very well -- and it is great w/your nailpolish! Good luck.

--- Laurie

Thanks for your kind words Laurie! (And I did make sure to add that handshot in my listing, it looks so pretty in that photo!)

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

It's a beautiful aqua and my favourite HoW setting - might be best to pop a link to your DB listing here to make it easy for folk :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think $1K is also a good starting point. Definitely advertise it as a precision cut stone as those tend to be more popular in certain circles. The stone is of a decent size and the setting is beautiful. Having it as a resizable setting is also a huge plus for those with more average sized fingers.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Starzin said:
It's a beautiful aqua and my favourite HoW setting - might be best to pop a link to your DB listing here to make it easy for folk :))

**edited by moderator. we do not allow self promotion of listings elsewhere in the forum. please keep it to preloved**

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Chrono said:
I think $1K is also a good starting point. Definitely advertise it as a precision cut stone as those tend to be more popular in certain circles. The stone is of a decent size and the setting is beautiful. Having it as a resizable setting is also a huge plus for those with more average sized fingers.

Thank you Chrono! I have taken yours and TL's advice but listed it a tad lower at $950.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock

**edited by moderator. we do not allow self promotion of listings elsewhere in the forum. please keep it to preloved**

My fault entirely - I thought I was in the Preloved forum when I suggested the link here. Apologies Stargurl (and mods).

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Starzin said:

My fault entirely - I thought I was in the Preloved forum when I suggested the link here. Apologies Stargurl (and mods).

No worries, Starzin! Its my fault, I should have read the policies in the Pre-Loved forum before posting the link here. My apologies to the mods!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

Your ring is much nicer than the one you linked to on DB.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems said:

It's the same ring, Lovinggems - does it appear to be different?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock

stargurl78|1334232047|3169156 said:
Lovinggems said:

I reread the thread, I meant the one gongli posted. Yours is nicer.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Lovinggems said:
stargurl78|1334232047|3169156 said:
Lovinggems said:

I reread the thread, I meant the one gongli posted. Yours is nicer.

Oh ok, thanks Lovinggems!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results