shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone know what green stone is it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
I fell in love with these earrings that Felicity Huffman wore to the 2006 Producers Guild Awards. Any idea who made it or what green stone is it?

Felicity%20Huffman%20-%202006%20Producers%20Guild%20Awards.jpg

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
One more pic.. I just love the green of the stone.. Does anyone know what kind of cut is it?

48587felicity44jn.jpg

Art Nouveau

Brilliant_Rock
The green stones look like tear-drop shaped cabochon emeralds. The style is Art Deco, but can be vintage or vintage reproduction.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 2:15:26 AM
Author: surfgirl
I''m with art nouveau. Cab, emeralds. Lovely!
ditto, it''s too green green looking for tourmaline.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Hi guys, thanks for the input.. Looks like you guys are right.. After searching online forever I found out that these earrings are from Martin Katz and its a pair long teardrop emerald and diamond vintage drop earrings.. Beautiful aren't they?
30.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
omg too funny... you know how things can go when you''re surfing, right? haha... so I did a search on "lozenge" here on PS and end up in this thread about an auction at christies and... well.... instantly thought of you ;-)
http://www.christies.com/promos/oct05/1564/promo_gallery.asp?page=12
I like the one FH is wearing better but still.... had to chuckle at the coincidence :)

emeraldcabears.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
I think emerald cabs are to die for. Super nice ones are really rare because highest quality gems are usually faceted....

Remember these at this year''s Academy Awards??
30.gif

widget

cbu765dpcse.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I remember the ones Cameron Diaz wore. So pretty!
Where do you find colored stone cabs like that?

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
You never see emeralds that clean and dark green, unless it''s royalty or movie stars. There was an art deco choker that Princess Diana wore often, sometimes as a headband (it was a gift from the queen and handed down). I wish I had a picture of it. Sugar loaf and cabachon emeralds all over it. Gorgeous!!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 8:15:54 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 4/23/2007 3:26:47 PM

Author: twodoor2

You never see emeralds that clean and dark green, unless it''s royalty or movie stars. There was an art deco choker that Princess Diana wore often, sometimes as a headband (it was a gift from the queen and handed down). I wish I had a picture of it. Sugar loaf and cabachon emeralds all over it. Gorgeous!!

I have it..
9.gif
YOWZA!!

*M*

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 12:15:31 PM
Author: widget
I think emerald cabs are to die for. Super nice ones are really rare because highest quality gems are usually faceted....

Remember these at this year''s Academy Awards??
30.gif

widget
drool!!!!! Those are amazing!
3.gif
3.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 8:30:56 PM
Date: 4/23/2007 8:17:28 PM

Author: poptart

Date: 4/23/2007 8:15:54 PM

Date: 4/23/2007 3:26:47 PM

Author: twodoor2

I have it..
9.gif

YOWZA!!

*M*

I know.. its spectacular, isn''t it?
Yes... I saved it! Lol! It''s gorgeous! I have never seen emeralds cut this way, and now I''m thinking, oh, ANOTHER right hand ring to search for and never buy, haha.

*M*

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
There was a pair of art deco diamond bracelets from the Masterpieces of French Jewelry exhibit and there were emerald cabs hanging in a row from each one...truly spectacular stones.

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/23/2007 11:52:25 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
omg too funny... you know how things can go when you're surfing, right? haha... so I did a search on 'lozenge' here on PS and end up in this thread about an auction at christies and... well.... instantly thought of you ;-)

http://www.christies.com/promos/oct05/1564/promo_gallery.asp?page=12

I like the one FH is wearing better but still.... had to chuckle at the coincidence :)

Ohhh Cehrabehra.. the earrings are beautiful however is farrrrrrrrrrrr beyond my budget.. Its nice to dream sometimes.. I could picture it on my ears.. hehehe..

jhcollect, I dun know how much is the pair that Huffman was wearing but the ones that Cehrabehra show cost $280,000-350,000. I would not be surprise if Huffman are in the hundred thousands range too..
22.gif
I never seen emerald as clear as those..
30.gif

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a close up of CAMERON DIAZ's

$1 million Cartier cabochon emerald 9 ct each and diamond drop earrings.

CameronEmerald cabs.jpg

threepwood

Brilliant_Rock
And more pics for those emerald cab lovers..

Queen Olga Royal House of Greece

Queen Olga Royal House of Greece a.JPG

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Here''s Diana''s choker/head band. It was originally part of Queen Mary''s collection (the grandmother of Queen Elizabeth II).

dianas_jewels004004.jpg

ger100

Shiny_Rock
Dumb question from a relative newbie: How can anyone tell what these are simply from a photo? They look like glass to me; also synthetic emeralds look like glass because they''re too perfect.

What criteria are the experts using to call these emeralds?

Thanks for your indulgence,
Ger

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/29/2007 2:45:38 PM
Author: ger100
Dumb question from a relative newbie: How can anyone tell what these are simply from a photo? They look like glass to me; also synthetic emeralds look like glass because they''re too perfect.

What criteria are the experts using to call these emeralds?

Thanks for your indulgence,

Ger

I don''t know what criteria the experts are using, but I figure they''re real since they are from high end jewelers. But I''m sure there is a chance they could be replicas!

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
Emeralds do not refract light like a diamond, so brilliance is not something akin to emeralds. They have an inner glow instead of taking light, break it up into colors and throwing it back at you, therefore, it''s quite possible, that from a picture (a two dimensional static object), it would look like green glass. Especially more so because in this case, the earrings are not faceted. Emeralds are known for that deep green color and inner silky glow, and those emeralds that Felicity Huffman is wearing appear rigiht on target. Perfect green. Luv ''em!!

MaineGemCutter

Rough_Rock
Ger100, There is no way to determine what species a gem is from just a picture. The best gemologist in the world could only guess, and a good gemologist isn't in the guessing business, especially from a picture. The ONLY way to truly determine the identity of a gem is identifying equipment used by a qualified professional. Tourmaline has more shades and hues of color than any other gemstone. There is no green that is "too green" to be a Tourmaline.

-MGC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results