shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone heard of Kox Gems?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I came across this store on ebay and then found their main website.

http://www.koxgems.com/

They have some cool stuff. I like:

This iridescent garnet.

This faceted amber

This chrysoprase.

They also have nice and big hauynes up.

Just thought I'd share because I always like browsing new vendors.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
I know him....

There is another forum - send me a PM....

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1418814587|3802876 said:
I know him....

There is another forum - send me a PM....

As you are not "trade," why can't you post your response here? It would be helpful to other PSers too.

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I don't think PS has a PM function anyway, unless they changed it.

LK, thanks for posting! I also enjoy browsing new (and old) vendor sites.

I'm enjoying the happy colors in the opals (perhaps because we have a sky full of dense gray clouds, and a bit of rain, today). This one - http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=306&virtuemart_category_id=21&lang=en - and this one - http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=300&virtuemart_category_id=21&lang=en - seem pretty.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
VirginiaZee|1418830112|3802944 said:
I don't think PS has a PM function anyway, unless they changed it.

LK, thanks for posting! I also enjoy browsing new (and old) vendor sites.

I'm enjoying the happy colors in the opals (perhaps because we have a sky full of dense gray clouds, and a bit of rain, today). This one - http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=306&virtuemart_category_id=21&lang=en - and this one - http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=300&virtuemart_category_id=21&lang=en - seem pretty.

He means for me to send him a PM on a different forum, which I'll do because I'm curious to know what he has to say.

As far as the opals go, I like the second one you posted. I like their fire opals with play of colour, even if it's not that strong -- I haven't seen these very often:
http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=53&virtuemart_category_id=20&lang=en

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But why not just say whatever there is to say about the vendor in public? Or at least give a thumbs-up/thumbs-down for purchasing from them?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1418833850|3802974 said:
But why not just say whatever there is to say about the vendor in public? Or at least give a thumbs-up/thumbs-down for purchasing from them?
+1

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, Marlow, please post here. We would like to be educated and informed as well

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
O.K.

I bought once - you get what you see. No problem!!!

I disliked the communication - a bit arrogant ( No, I was not a smart ass!!). A "never again" for me. And most collector gems I get much cheaper. The commercial qualities.... :roll: .

Read "Rechtliche Hinweise" - you understand everything??? Yes - fine!!!

No - you understand only "sourkraut" - It is the return policy - typical german - extremely difficult :sick:

You are a picky PSer and return stones course the color is not exactly what you want - you could have a lot of fun!!! You have to fill in a form or send a mail that you return it ( German law - the vendor accept that some return a stone - if the stone has an accurate describtion, good pics he could say "no"!) - think it is not easy - in Germany it is a bit difficult.

If the stone get lost - your problem....If you are in the trade - a problem. Trade person know what they are buying.

A collector selling gems with a main buiness ( running another company) - I could do the same - and I would decide whether I sell or not, whether I return money or not ( if the stone is o.k.).

But ...Hauyne here is very interesting - NO chance to get this size and price in Tucson. Ask whether the stones are treated!!!!! Fracture filling and stabilization in larger sizes (0,25 ct + )

So if you want the gem and keep it - no problem. Maybe you will have a good experience and everything is fine.

PS: Not this vendor!!!!!!!
Only an example....

I ordered a larger amount of small gems - the same day I called the vendor ( again not this one!!!!) that I can't take them - he got totally angry ( the stones were not shipped - still in the company) and told me that he will never again sell gems to me( I bought several times for larger amounts....) - this could happen in Germany...

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Marlow|1418841730|3803064 said:
**Edited by moderator, see above**.

Thanks for posting our experience publicly, it's important for people who will search online about Kox Gems to know this stuff.

The hauyne is indeed interesting if it is untreated.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Please delete my first post in your post - I edited this!!!!!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, sorry! I understand now. Unfortunately i can't edit my post anymore. You can use the 'report concern' and ask the mods to remove it. I'd do it myself if i weren't on my phone.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
LoversKites|1418842616|3803073 said:

Thanks for posting our experience publicly, it's important for people who will search online about Kox Gems to know this stuff.

Maybe you look for cornflower blue but this is very nice and fair priced. The color is still vivid - they look much better in real live!

http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=413&virtuemart_category_id=13&lang=en

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1418855192|3803190 said:
LoversKites|1418842616|3803073 said:

Maybe you look for cornflower blue but this is very nice and fair priced. The color is still vivid - they look much better in real live!

http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=413&virtuemart_category_id=13&lang=en

This one is more of a vivid blue than the one above, which looks almost teal to my eyes.

http://www.koxgems.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&view=productdetails&virtuemart_product_id=812&virtuemart_category_id=13&lang=en

However, it's highly included, and doesn't look so great in this pic.

hauyn5792c_1_.jpg

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I generally avoid dealing with arrogant sellers, especially when the return is due to their "fault"---such as doctored or unreal photos.
As a buyer, you pay for return shipping, they don't refund you original shipping and they educate you that "To save you money and time in the future; you might want to visit jewelry stores or gem shows to see them in person… "

And yes, this is from a recommended vendor where a lot of PSer's buy from.
Sorry, no more business from me.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL|1418855854|3803198 said:
I generally avoid dealing with arrogant sellers, especially when the return is due to their "fault"---such as doctored or unreal photos.
As a buyer, you pay for return shipping, they don't refund you original shipping and they educate you that "To save you money and time in the future; you might want to visit jewelry stores or gem shows to see them in person… "

And yes, this is from a recommended vendor where a lot of PSer's buy from.
Sorry, no more business from me.

This sounds frustrating and unfair - I too would love to know the vendor. You could help us all out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OTL,
I hope you are open to sharing the vendor you dealt with. No bandwagon pile up from me, even if it is a current PS favourite.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Alright, from D.R.
I bought 5 stones when he has a sale, and none of the material is worth the description IMHO when he says "neon" turns out it's rather plain and light.
I'm not a novice, I know what a neon stone should look like. Anyway, so I felt the material is meh...not as saturated as vendor photo and wanted return, while he relied I got 3 customers in line waiting to buy them no worries as they are very hard to come by material and the price you got them for is about half of what they normally go for. To save you money and time in the future; you might want to visit jewelry stores or gem shows to see them in person… Even if he put a smiley face in the end I don't feel truly a happy face.
Maybe I just happen to choose the wrong stones as seems he has many happy customers here, but based on this experience I don't want to risk losing more postage personally.
Not trying to talk bad, just stating my experience. That's all.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate your honest opinion, OTL.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've recently made a purchase from Kox Gems and I had absolutely NO problem with this seller, he replied immediately to my email, he was courteous and the stone was even better than in the photos. It arrived pretty quickly, nicely packed in a proper gem jar and protected by two bubble envelopes, not to mention the stone was a real bargain. I'll definitely do business with him in the future, hopefully near future since he's got a couple more stones I like.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results