shape
carat
color
clarity

Any purchases from the Richard Wise 50% off sale?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Richard Wise recently had a 50% off sale--did anyone purchase anything from the sale?

I wish I knew about it earlier. I didn't notice the sale until this weekend. There are a couple back-burner gems I'm usually looking for, but I didn't see anything that was a good fit for me, though there was a number of stunning rubies and sapphires that I enjoyed browsing through.

Bigsandwich

Rough_Rock
I didn't get anything either though i was browsing the site from week to week keeping my eye on a few things. Lot's of lovely quite different jewelery too but waiting the extra week or two for an extra %10 i kept missing out on things. I'm sure a few people have got some nice things to show, last time i checked the site most of it had all gone.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I would love to be able to afford one of those rubies, they are awesome. :cheeky:

I like to wander around in his antique jewelry section too, but the really good stuff is so expensive. As it should be, but still. :)

I think his pearls are just plain overpriced, though, I have to say it. :???:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Bigsandwhich--I wish I had known about the sale earlier. I would have checked the site out sooner, though I still don't know the likelihood of actually snagging a piece!

ILander--

Yes, yes and yes.

His rubies and antiques are divine (for the most part, at least). And, I agree, his pearls are overpriced. Especially so in light of vendors like Pearl Paradise or Catherine Cardellini, who offer amazing pearls and variety for a fraction of the cost--the 50% sale is the only time I have considered buying pearls from him.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
He had some yummy stones, but even half-off, not in my budget for what I wanted. Hope somebody found treasures!

--- Laurie

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sorely tempted to get a ruby but did not get one in the end and now I'm wondering if I will regret it. I'm sort of regretting it already. ::)

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
His breadth of stock when it comes to rubies is really incredibly. Has the site shut down officially? I tried accessing it yesterday and could only find cached versions.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if this would work, but you could try contacting him through FB to see if he still has the stones. :praise:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I can still see the site, even when I reload it. There are still rubies left

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I tried.

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
For posterity, I am posting an image of the listing of my favorite ruby from his page:

rwwise1.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5starclown|1378308375|3514376 said:
The sale is actually still going on - not officially, but they're selling the stones regardless. I got my girlfriend's engagement stone (http://rwwise.com/products/id|1877) and a pair of beautiful black pearl studs. Couldn't argue with the pricing :)

Nice stone and congrats.

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, this is the one I have been compulsively checking, but even at 50 percent off I can't quite swing it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Excellent, good to know that the sale is still going on!

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm. If I put my own certified, unheated 1.97-carat ruby, of red (but not pigeon's blood) color and uncertain provenance, on pre-loved and Loupetroop, how fast could I turn it around and apply the proceeds to an upgrade? The last premium R.W. Wise ruby would fit in my existing setting, I believe! Just thinking out loud......

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Are the prices listed the adjusted sale price, or do we take 50% off of the stated price?

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I bought this guy http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|1627. The pictures on the site don't do any justice to this stone. There are no dark areas. It really glows and the precision cutting so fabulous! The color is light, but more saturated than the pictures show. Love, love, love! Anyway, I was thinking of setting it with two colorless Asschers on the sides. I would love some advice from the masters on this site!!!!

225_tourmaline_a.jpg

225_tourmaline_b.jpg

225_tourmaline_c.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doesn't that look like a Gene cut stone?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Mikla, your tourm is absolutely gorgeous! Asshers sound perfect. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1378382345|3514873 said:

I believe it is. I remember when Gene cut that stone, and then I found out he sold it to RW, although it was originally in his blog. Richard Wise has purchased some gems from Gene for resale.

Congrats on your new stone.

To me, cuprians look best in high karat yellow gold. The soft metal is also safer for setting tourmaline as well.

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Hi,

In case anyone is interested, I bought my ruby from him (back when it was still 30%). Still wondering if I could get it cheaper by waiting but then again someone else might have snatched it if I waited too long :tongue:

I'm loving the ring, can't stop looking at it since this is my first colored stone. My jeweller could not stop talking about the color and he kept saying that I'm very lucky to get an untreated stone with this color/clarity. Here's the link to some photos after the ring is done, it looks a bit dark from my laptop but I'm sure it looks brighter in my camera viewer https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/advice-on-getting-a-ruby-for-my-er.191439/ The photo in his website does not look like the actual stone at all http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|2056

I went back at the weekend to check out the first ruby that I was going to buy but there's a sale exception on it so it is still 30% off instead of 50% :angryfire: http://www.rwwise.com/products/id|734

iLander

Ideal_Rock
PICHU --The color changer is a bit dark, but they vary in different lights, much more than other sapphires. Might be worth a look.

I love my color changer, it has a lot of personality.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE the 3 ct one, absolutely delicious. The color changer is a little dark.

Miss Piggy -- gorgeous ring! Great job -- can't blame your jeweler for his raves.

--- Laurie

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
TL|1378516445|3516021 said:
Chrono|1378382345|3514873 said:

I believe it is. I remember when Gene cut that stone, and then I found out he sold it to RW, although it was originally in his blog. Richard Wise has purchased some gems from Gene for resale.

Congrats on your new stone.

To me, cuprians look best in high karat yellow gold. The soft metal is also safer for setting tourmaline as well.

Thank you, TL, IndyLady, and Chrono! I'm glad you like the idea of side Asschers for a three stone ring. I'm still open to other ideas. I am generally a platinum kind of girl unless I do yellow gold for yellow stones. You wouldn't have a shot or two of a cuprian tourmaline set in gold, would you?

Edited for spelling

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
As I read the listing, it is 30 percent off the listed price of $21,000, or $14,700. But I would call to be sure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results