shape
carat
color
clarity

antique style setting for 6.2mm round lavendar Montana

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
So, the friend I helped to find a purple Montana sapphire for his FI-to-be is now looking for a setting. He was working under the assumption that she wanted a clean, modern setting and had made a lot of progress toward that goal.... but just found out she wants antique style!

She wants some diamond bling, but not a lot and some engraving and other details. I think Tacori-ish. I don't think bezels or halos. The stone isn't huge, so nothing with overly heavy prongs. White metal.

His budget isn't too high... Probably about <$1000. But I do know that he wants a forever-setting, so something on the simpler, more substantial end would be best.

I think he was planning on going custom before, but has been dragging his feet and wants to seal the deal quickly.

Any suggestions?

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
The Marlene Harris collection has nice options in the budget. There are a lot of different categories of rings- but here are a couple that jumped out at me for this project. All photos are from the vendor.

M112.JPG

ERS3D467RG.JPG

M114.JPG

M113.JPG

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
I'm so happy someone posted the Leigh Jay Nacht site, I do really like their work.

From the settings you posted, I would choose either #1 or #4!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually I like the fourth one posted by sparkle magpie because it's different from all the others.

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
He's investigating the weights of each...

I think I like #1 the best, too.

I like the last one posted by Sparkle Magpie but he doesn't like the basket.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
From the set posted by sparkle magpie, I like 1 and 4.

For the links, A gets my vote.

Does anyone know the quality of the LJN settings?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results