shape
carat
color
clarity

Another LT Trade Vendor

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heads up on a new Trade vendor on LT, E.P. Gems: I am writing this for newcomers to colored stones that might be receptive to statements made by this seller.

A couple of things that alarm me about the two listings, one for a tsavorite garnet and one for a "lavender" sapphire. The seller describes the tsav as "vivid" in saturation and "expertly cut" neither of which is true, imo. The price is very high for a stone that looks like it might have recently been bought from an ebay vendor and flipped (not saying it was, just saying it looks like the kind of cutting and size/color of stones that you can routinely find on ebay). Price is well over $1,000/ct. For comparison, as a private seller, I recently sold a 1.11ct one of better color and cutting for less than $350/ct. I know that as a private seller, I cannot command the same level of pricing as a private seller, but still.

The purple sapphire, as stated by the seller "has the color known in the trade as lavender." No mention of treatment, but selling for $1200 for a 1.60ct stone. Please, newcomers, do not rush out and buy these - you can do better!

epgems_tsav_pre.jpg

epgems_purple_sapph_pre.jpg

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Same opinion!!!!!!

BE CAREFULL !!!! Don't believe the shit some vendor post - compare prices and quality.

The more overpriced gems you buy from such vendors the more will try the same and finally we ALL pay more.

Minousbijoux is absolutely right!!!!!!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry - correcting one error I didn't catch in time to edit. I wrote: "I know that as a private seller, I cannot command the same level of pricing as a private seller, but still." I meant to say: "I know that as a private seller, I cannot command the same level of pricing as a TRADE seller, but still."

Sorry about that. Carry on! :))

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think that Trade members, when selling on sites intended for private individuals' Re-Sale, should not expect to be able to charge any more then the private seller. In this case it is the Venue that matters, not the who.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1423002348|3826839 said:
Good service, putting this up. Thanks, Minou! :wavey:

--- Laurie

^^ Ditto. Thank you!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1422998540|3826812 said:
I think that Trade members, when selling on sites intended for private individuals' Re-Sale, should not expect to be able to charge any more then the private seller. In this case it is the Venue that matters, not the who.

Maybe a little higher than a private individual re-sale's price is not unreasonable if they offer a 7 day review period with a hassle free 100% full refund/return (minus shipping).

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for publicizing this -- I noticed the glut of posts from this vendor yesterday as well. Sigh. I agree with Chrono re: they can justify charging more if the offer something more, i.e. return policies, upgrade policies, etc.

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I stalk...I mean check out... LT every day and I appreciate the info.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results