shape
carat
color
clarity

And while I was waiting......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ will know what I mean
3.gif
. While I was waiting for Christmas and the arrival of my BGD piece, I saw this and thought it was nice enough to see in person. I don't know if the pic will upload, so I'll include the link too. I think I'll have my first LOGR in the near future. It's a 7x7mm cushion.

It's gem 952 of Gene's -

http://www.precisiongem.com/html/html/Tanzanite.html

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely
36.gif

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh I LOOOVE those colors!! I bet it''s fabulous in person!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - that is gorgeous!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Just make sure you get a good jeweler to set it, since Tanzanites are brittle, soft stones. Do not let them put it in an Ultrasonic cleaner either.

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s so pretty. Can''t wait to see the finished piece. LOGR did my wedding band and I have to say I love it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A beautiful stone! It''s got that nice crystaline quality that''s brought out by the cutting style even more. Enjoy it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it. If the color is true to life? The tanzanite I''m having my jeweler set into my oval halo necklace is just about the same color and they''ll compliment each other well.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That is a beautiful stone. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when you get it!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's here! and it's beautiful! ma re is right, it has a crystalline quality to it. The cutting is wonderfully done.
I put it next to my 8 x 6 mm oval that I'm having set into a necklace and it's so much nicer. It's a similar color, but it sparkles so! It has so much life! It's my first stone from Gene and I will watching his inventory for sure from now on. He does beautiful work
9.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Awww, darn.....I was hoping there''d be pics. Can''t wait to see it gemgirl!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 10:23:06 AM
Author: gemgirl
[/i]

Haha, there''s always a dark little part of me that doesn''t want to recommend Gene for things so that I have better odds of stalking his site, but his gemmies are too pretty not to share with the world!

I''m so glad you like it! Please please please do post some pictures!!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/24/2009 11:55:10 AM
Author: MakingTheGrade

Date: 12/24/2009 10:23:06 AM
Author: gemgirl
[/i]

Haha, there''s always a dark little part of me that doesn''t want to recommend Gene for things so that I have better odds of stalking his site, but his gemmies are too pretty not to share with the world!

I''m so glad you like it! Please please please do post some pictures!!
I know what you mean. I saw that pink spinel with a "sold" sign on it and thought "I wonder which one of us got that one?" LOL! I would have scooped that one too. Another pretty cushion. AJ''s raspberry Umbi turned my on to cushions and then her JW sapph put me over the top. Now I''m a round/pear/cushion chick.

I''m sorry that I can''t take pictures right now. I''m patiently waiting for Mr. FedEx to deliver my BGD necklace and then I have to fly out of here to run some errands. I was DONE yesterday, but my husband couldn''t get the day off today, so now I have to do what he was going to do.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new stone Gemgirl!!
30.gif

At first I thought it was an Umba sapphire that sold on Gene''s site just a lil while ago, it''s almost identical.

I have two of his cushions in that cut, my umbalite and my yellow zircon and I adore that cut and shape - I know you will too! Can not wait to see RL photos of this one set..

oh and yep, lol...whilst I''m waiting all sorts of naughty things can happen, he he..
2.gif

It''s just clocked 1am on Christmas day here now, so a pre-mature Happy Christmas to you and my other CS mates and I hope you all have a wonderful day!!
35.gif
36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous stone!!!!!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunner! I second or third the recommendation to find a very skilled benchperson who knows how to handle softer stones, heat sensitive, cleavage, etc. No steam or US for this beauty, please.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is photographing much darker than it is in real life.

IMG_1678(1).JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She's pretty! The color keeps changing as I walk around the house. It's a gray, dark dismal rainy day here in NY. I'll have to take more pictures when the sun is out. In sun light, she sparkles.

IMG_1681(2).JPG

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl, I saw your avatar in another thread and had to find out where this stone came from! It''s GORGEOUS!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Love this stone even more in person - I can''t wait to see what you decide to set it in!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous! I had my eye on that stone for over a month but just couldn''t afford it. I''m glad it went into good hands...and if you ever want to part with it, I call dibs.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results