shape
carat
color
clarity

An ode to Mr. Stair

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
In pictures.

I once had this amazing little periwinkle blue spinel from Dan Stair. In a moment of need...I sold it to a fellow PSer. You may know her as JStar. I regretted selling it most days and as a result kept my eye out for one that I thought could be similar. Months later an almost identical stone popped up. Slightly larger, a hint more lavender, same shape. Luckily I snagged it and it had been languishing in my gem box ever since.

I went to a local store's "Grand Retirement Sale" on a whim and ended up leaving with a plain pave setting. Well it didn't end up fitting the stone I wanted it to. But it fit the little periwinkle spinel perfectly.

I finally managed to take them both to the store to get set. Three days later I received the call that my ring was ready and to please come pick it up. Whats funny is that I came back and the guy who took it in asked "Oh no, could we not do your ring?!" when in fact, the jeweler had actually just decided to get it done asap instead of letting it sit around for the promised 2 weeks! SCORE!

Pics...

sp1375.jpg

IMG_0772 sized.jpg

Periwinkle comparison DS adjusted.jpg

IMG_0774 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
more...

IMG_0775 sized.jpg

IMG_0777 sized.jpg

IMG_0779 sized.jpg

IMG_0782 sized.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sweet spinel. Sweet story. Sweet ring. Enjoy and be sure to keep this one!!!! :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last one. I need to get pics in the sun....the diamonds are pretty amazing. The band is less than 2mm. And the idea for this whole project was delicate and to let the stone be the star of the show...it shows up more lavender in these photos, but it's very blue in real life and I may pretend it's a little blue/purple diamond when it's under spotlights...

IMG_0785 sized.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I'm going to keep this one for sure! And I will take more pics as soon as I get good light. Its been cold and snowy here for the past two days, so these few pics were taken in our bathroom--which has the best light!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: Love it Freke! I so love the lavenders, and the setting works so well for it! :love:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That turned out really nicely! Love the fishtail pave. The one you sold me probably isn't large enough to have presence in a ring like that, so it's nice that things worked out this way. Yours also has a minimal tilt window.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a lovely ring! What a pretty color, and looks so nice on your finger!
Pretty Christmas treat !!!! :love: :love: :love:

vbnet

Brilliant_Rock
It's ABSOLUTELY Darling!!!! I love it, score - the stone! score - the setting! score- getting it mounted quicky! Hurrah!!!! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
me like.

it's a keeper!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the colour and I'm so glad you got a lovely stone to replace your other one.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful periwinkle spinel! It looks perfect in that delicate pave ring setting, and I love the simple single claw prongs -- and how great it was done early, especially this time of year. Enjoy, and I look forward to the sunshine pics.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love, love, love this ring, Liz!!! Dying to see some outdoor pics of it, and I'm so happy you didn't have to wait two weeks for it!!! :appl:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Liz does it again! This is a beauty and I can't wait to see more photos!!!! :love:

Can I send all of my gemmies to you so you can find them gorgeous homes, too? :naughty:

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice light bright spinel with great luster, and lovely delicate feminine setting.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! Such a delicate, shimmering colour!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! It's gray here again today, and we even had some fog roll it, so no new pictures. Boo! But I'll be sure to take some probably tomorrow, as it seems like the sun doesn't stay away for long in New Mexico!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous setting, and the colour is amazing!! You have the most incredible eye for this stuff!! LOVE it :love: :love: :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful Spinel Freke! I love the lavendar color.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is really beautiful, Freke. I really love the color and cut of the stone and the setting must be very comfortable. I tend to buy larger stones but once I have them set, the weight of the stone seems to make the ring spin :angryfire: and then I tend to worry that I'm going to damage the stone by banging it against something. So, this ring looks just right!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, that stone is beautiful! :love: :love: :love: And it looks great on that simple pave ring! We definitely need more pics please! Is it an asscher or a princess with cut corners (sorry, I'm not well-versed in the different types of cuts)?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was the first sunny day we've had since I got it, and go figure I don't get home to my camera before it gets dark! I will take pictures soon. Perhaps around christmas!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
S&I, it's a barion square brilliant. Here are the specs:

STONE: Spinel
WEIGHT: .79 Cts.
CUT: Barion Square Brilliant
DIMENSIONS: 5.32 mm
ORIGIN: Tanzania
COLOR: Bright Purple Blue to Pink Purple
CLARITY: Very Good+ (Eye Clean)
CUT BY: Dan

COMMENTS: This spinel was actually a slightly bi-colored pink/blue in the rough, and the cut stone is more of a periwinkle or lavendar color.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W.O.W that is divine! What a gorgeous stone and setting - handshots please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results