shape
carat
color
clarity

Amethyst studs

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
As some of you know, my husband is taking jewelry-making / metalsmithing lessons with the artist who hand-makes my jewelry for me (Courtney Poole Pendergrast). This was from his last lesson, last month: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/parade-of-awkward-shapes-ring.203075/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/parade-of-awkward-shapes-ring.203075/[/URL]

He had a lesson this past Sunday, and under her tutelage, he hand-made these 14kt yellow gold, satin finish, martini studs for me. The amethysts are Brazilian and 7mm rounds. I think these turned out really well! No one hand-makes martini settings, but he wants to learn all of the skills because he finds the process of jewelry making interesting. (which is a good thing, given my love of jewelry!)

photo_784.jpg

photo_785.jpg

_20513.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I thought my husband was great since he does the dishes... :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1406058844|3718441 said:
How great! Would you like to lend him out? He's talented.

I'm next in line. :halo:

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

I love that he's going to the trouble to learn how to make the settings and such that you could simply buy from Stuller or something. He's convinced that he needs the hand skills to build these settings and things in order to be able to get really skilled at making jewelry. He is correct, in a sense, that jewelry making skills tend to build upon each other.

The funniest part is that, while he has a formal background in art, when I asked him how he decided to get into jewelry making, he said something along the lines of, "well, given how much you enjoy and talk about jewelry, gemstones, and diamonds, I really had no choice but to get into it in my own way." :love: :appl: :oops:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
great earrings and look great on you!

re your husband: he is clone worthy!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Ah, what a wonderful story, great husband and good looking earrings! :appl:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Those are fantastic!

Say, my husband is good at tinkering with computers, think we can get a barter system going? :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results