shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I the only one who thinks these are pretty?

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
I truly think these unheated sapphires are unique and beautiful. I have the clean unheated large medium blue sapphire and I love that too. BUT, I also find the different colors and inclusions in these stones attractive. Am I the only one? :confused:

011901160215601-074a.jpg

010719160265601-060b.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I think they are very pretty too-especially the bottom one! Beautiful and unique!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in--- I like them both! Loving the 2nd one - that colour palette is very appealing! Keep posting others - this could become a pretty cool thread!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Very cool! I especially like the third one - green and yellows.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vickygigi|1360545385|3377044 said:
Yay! Ask and you shall receive. Here are 2 more beauties....

Wow! :love: Those are truly gorgeous!! I don't think many people would disagree! Beautiful colors!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh! Love both of the 2 new ones!! Where are you finding these treasures? is it a link you can share? They are very interesting! the very first one looks like rutilated quartz with the black inclusions. (Not a CS expert - apologies if I screwed up that description!)

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
I am finding them on eBay by searching bi color sapphires and honey sapphires. Tell me the truth about whether you like them. I do love them in all sincerity - I think they are very beautiful. A friend of mine thinks you are putting me on b/c he hates them. Don't spare my feelings - tell me what you think. Beauty is a subjective thing. :twirl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Well for me they are more of a novelty stone. I wouldn't spend big bucks for the stone or setting unless it was a spectacular combination of colors - like the perfect pink and purple swirl. But for ones like you listed I think they'd make a fun DBTY style bracelet or inexpensive solitaire ring.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
vickygigi|1360546140|3377067 said:
I am finding them on eBay by searching bi color sapphires and honey sapphires. Tell me the truth about whether you like them. I do love them in all sincerity - I think they are very beautiful. A friend of mine thinks you are putting me on b/c he hates them. Don't spare my feelings - tell me what you think. Beauty is a subjective thing. :twirl:

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so true. They certainly appeal to me so I can say in all honesty, I am REALLY enjoying your finds!! no joke, that's the truth! happy to keep viewing them!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom|1360546442|3377074 said:
Well for me they are more of a novelty stone. I wouldn't spend big bucks for the stone or setting unless it was a spectacular combination of colors - like the perfect pink and purple swirl. But for ones like you listed I think they'd make a fun DBTY style bracelet or inexpensive solitaire ring.

I hear ya. These are large carat stones though 5,7, 10 carats. No DBTY for these. ha ha

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Enerchi|1360546594|3377079 said:
vickygigi|1360546140|3377067 said:

Yes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so true. They certainly appeal to me so I can say in all honesty, I am REALLY enjoying your finds!! no joke, that's the truth! happy to keep viewing them!

YAY! Thanks. I find them to be very unique and beautiful. My blue sapphire is a stunner (in my eyes) but many many others look like it. These are much more 1 of a kind type stones. AND they are sapphires, so they are wearable. The price is high, but I wonder about the "make me an offer" feature. Anyway, I don't own any of these. However, I would really like them.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I really do like them! Too bad they're so large. Would make a cool ring in a smaller size.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love bi-colour sapphires IF they have other redeeming qualities e.g. a very interesting pattern or a great cut. The blue/purple one and the bronze green ones for example are stones I'd buy. The others have "issues" and, as you say, are easy to find on Ebay and are usually very reasonably priced.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ill confess as I am the guy that doesn't like them (the first two that she posted).

While I think they are interesting inclusion/novelty gems....what I dont like is that the first stone is almost $500 and the second one is almost $900. While they are large, I personally found it appalling that a vendor would charge $500 for a stone that is a)loaded with rutile inclusions and B)translucent to the point of almost being opaque. The second gem...this is almost $900 and while I also believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a problem with vendors selling mediocre quality gemstones for astronomical prices.

Thats my opinion.....

...carry on!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ChrisA222|1360548162|3377113 said:
Ill confess as I am the guy that doesn't like them (the first two that she posted).

While I think they are interesting inclusion/novelty gems....what I dont like is that the first stone is almost $500 and the second one is almost $900. While they are large, I personally found it appalling that a vendor would charge $500 for a stone that is a)loaded with rutile inclusions and B)translucent to the point of almost being opaque. The second gem...this is almost $900 and while I also believe that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I have a problem with vendors selling mediocre quality gemstones for astronomical prices.

Thats my opinion.....

...carry on!

Seriously? :nono: $50 and $90 would be pushing it! Dearie me!

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
nielseel|1360547709|3377107 said:
Where are these from

Some from eBay, some from Googling bi color sapphire. I felt egged on after I posted the first 2 and I went searching for more - ha ha. I like that the stones are sapphire (and therefore hard material) and I like how different they all are. Some really pretty stones are opaque, so that doesn't make me dislike the stone at all. I think these are fun! Some look like tie-dye.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
Ok Chris, since you outed yourself, I'll ask...... if the stones were inexpensive would you like them? I thought you found them ugly at any price.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
demantoid|1360549129|3377130 said:
Personally, I love the bi-color stones but I also want them to be well cut and not have distracting inclusions.

http://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/Sapphires/Curiosities/CG91/Oval/stoneid=CG91

I like the one at the link above unless it would look gray IRL. That company used to have a blue and yellow one that I liked too.
I would definitely wear a bi-color stone if the quality was there.

That stone is pretty. I like unheated stones best though and I think the inclusions in the first stone are what "make" the stone. I am so happy there are so many varieties of stones out there so we can all find just the right ones we love! I am different with diamonds though. My 3.05 transition cut diamond is VVS1 because of 1 small pin point and I wish like mad it wasn't there even though I need a microscope to find it. HA HA :naughty:

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Do I find it "pretty" (the first stone). Nope. Would I say "buy it if you think its pretty"? NOPE. not at that ridiculous price point.

If it was $50 or even $100? Yes I would say, buy it if you like it. But I have a problem with the price being asked for such a poor quality gemstone (regardless of beauty, the quality is low).

You will find lots of people that like stones with inclusions..they are neat features. But they do not generally add 'value' to a gem, at least to the point of the prices the vendor is asking.

If you did a search on here for inclusion-gems, you would see a lot of beauties.

vickygigi

Shiny_Rock
LD|1360548919|3377122 said:
ChrisA222|1360548162|3377113 said:

Thats my opinion.....

...carry on!

Seriously? :nono: $50 and $90 would be pushing it! Dearie me!

LD if you ever see unheated sapphires like this for $50 and $90 PLEASE tell me. Now you know my taste (at least in these funky color sapphires), so think of me if you find any. I'll scoop them right up! 3-4 carats and up to about 6-7 carats. I don't want HUGE and I don't want TINY. Thanks!

michellechan2211

Shiny_Rock
I think these are lovely- but I wouldn't but them except maybe the purple ones- the colors are not to my taste. XD;

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
In the pictures, I think they are pretty. Having purchased an ebay bicolor sapphire before I joined pricescope, however, I think that in real life they would be not so attractive (at least the first group-- the last set are more attractive/ transparent/ better cut, IMO) because they are being flooded with light and photographed in a way to make them seem as beautiful as possible.

If they were inexpensive, I'd say they could make a cool (inexpensive) bracelet or necklace. At that price, I'm in shock! I rather doubt they'll sell-- those stones for those prices are absolutely RIDICULOUS.

ETA: I haven't looked up these stones on ebay or anything, but seriously, when I saw the OP I thought they were sapphires from Thailand (or overseas, at least) that were on auction for $0.99 + $8-$10 shipping: which is definitely a "go for it if you like it!" in my book. That's the price I would anticipate for that quality. (Possibly being bid up to $5-30 dollars).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results