shape
carat
color
clarity

Alternatives to Michael E / Gem Shoppe?

danielxlin

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I've got a pendant project that I thought would have been perfect for Michael E of GemShoppe but I'm having trouble making contact (phone number listed on website disconnected, emails unanswered).

Any other recommendations for budget jewelers who do a lot of online business?

My project plan: use a 14k Adwar Casting halo pendant setting for my center stone, the jeweler supplies the 5-point diamond melee the setting requires.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

iLander

Ideal_Rock
IDJewelry does exactly this. I have a sapphire ring and an emerald pendant that they had cast at Adwar and then set with their "PS quality" melee. The cut on the melee is phenomenal, with tiny hearts and arrows almost showing. The color is F and it's SI1. They do fantastic claw prongs if you ask, no extra cost.

You can email Luann here [email protected] to get a quote.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My memory is fuzzy but I think Michael E closed shop and is now a bench for a jewellery store now? Does anyone remember this?

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I contacted Michael two years ago and he was working for an independent jeweler and was not accepting outside projects at that time. Don't have anything more current but took him off my list because of that.............

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, I suppose the link to his website should be removed from the Vendors List?

ETA
Just a bit of digging and found that Michael's last post was on May 30th, 2015 with Gemshoppe listed as his business link so it looks like he's still around.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
digdeep|1435859383|3897969 said:
I contacted Michael two years ago and he was working for an independent jeweler and was not accepting outside projects at that time. Don't have anything more current but took him off my list because of that.............

Until a few months ago I was making mokume-gane for Jim Binnion. That was fun but it evaporated suddenly, so I am now back in my shop playing around with a new milling machine and 3d SLA printer. I've no idea why some e-mails have not been getting through, since I have been answering everyone that I've seen. I have to admit being lax on my website and my phone number has changed. Try e-mail again and I'll figure out how to get my phone number up somewhere. Sorry for any inconvenience folks!

Michael E.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael you don't have any stock up on your website or on your Etsy site that I can find. Hopefully you'll be back to listing things soon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results