shape
carat
color
clarity

alexandrite

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bili

Rough_Rock
I am hopeing i can get some info on alexandrite stones. I recently travelled to the balkans and was asked by a family member to help him do some research on a ring he owned which has a stone that changes colour. This ring was purchased second hand from a man in 1970. The stone is an emerald cut and has a 12mil diameter and a 14 mil length. The stone has no cloudiness and is very clear. During the day in sunlight it has a clear grey/blue color as you move indoors this colour the changes to a purple blue. At night under uv light this stone is a blue/grey colour which is deeper than it is in sunlight and under normal electric light this stone the turns a to a deeper purple with a tinge of red. I am trying to organise to have some pics sent to me. I just wanted to know if anyone can help determine if this would be an alexandrite (natural or synthetic) or possibly another stone. The stone if very clear and transparant in natural sunlight and the colour gets deeper in artificial light.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results