shape
carat
color
clarity

AJS Mahenge Spinel arrived!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
And the color just blows my socks off!! Bright light, low light, no light, this puppy is RICH!!

I am returning this one because the feathers are a bit too visible to me, however they really don''t detract from the stone. I ordered this one as a "tester." It was the color I was looking for but the price was low because of the feathers. I''m exchanging it for a bigger, eyecleaner stone. This time I''m springing for express delivery!!

Enjoy the mouth puckering eyecandy!!

AJSmahenge1.4a.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

AJSmahenge1.4b.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

AJSmahenge1.4c.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

AJSmahenge1.4d.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking of using these omcs for sidestones, but they don''t match as well as I thought. The left on is much more colored than the right.

AJSmahenge1.4e.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

AJSmahenge1.4f.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
nice!
will the eye-cleaner-er one be bigger-er as well?!

I like the omcs too!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that color!!!! I can''t wait to see the "keeper"!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous. I can''t wait until your next Mahenge!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
And Uppy, I love the silver on your nails!!
31.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I''m embarassed about the nails!
32.gif
Daughter and I bought a bunch of trendy, funky summer colors yesterday and gave each other manicures.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uppy
Cool!! So can you give us a sneak preview of the stone you did purchase to keep? Did you save the vendor photo? Any specs?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Oh this one''s beautiful too! And such a rich color paired with those OMC''s...
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I can see why the inclusions will bother you but the colour itself looks quite nice. I''m looking forward to your actual final AJS Mahenge.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a nice stone! Can't wait to see what you exchange it for.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I'm having problems posting the picture, but the new stone is a rectangular cushion that weighs 1.49, just slightly larger than this one.

Do you think the omcs would make good sidestones, or are the mismatch in colors distracting? Any recommendations or suggestions for setting? I just can't get Art's Leon out of my mind, but I'm sure that is totally out of the budget. This puppy screams for diamonds!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

please attach this time.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
or should I just bite the bullet and go for this 1.93 instead?

1.93.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t pay that much attention to the color difference in diamonds, cause I don''t think that would distract significantly from the center stone. However if you think that it could bother you (cause you''ll always know they''re not a perfect match), maybe setting them in yellow gold could reduce their difference in color by making them more equally yellow. But this is just a suggestion based on my non-expert theory.

Sal from Cal

Rough_Rock
Trade
I LOVE the color and the 3 stone arrangement you are looking at. As for which one I am personally drawn to the 1.93 due to its shape and pop but think either would look good. The only issue with the slight diffrence in the side stones will be how it bothers you as you will likely see it more than anyone
1.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooo the color is amazing Uppy! I don''t think the color difference in the OMC''s would bother me, myself. Between the other two..hmmm..if you were going to do the rails still, I''d probably go w/the elongated cushion but..it''s a toughie b/c they''re both beautiful!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
what a delicious color! it''s like a watermelon jolly rancher!

I''d go with the smaller one 1.49 myself because I like the cut and proportions better and where the inclusions are.

And you''ve also helped me decide that an old mine cut will be my first diamond purchase (when that happens... who knows hahah
9.gif
)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW, the color is just delicious on those stones! So bright and juicy. Which one has a better spread? The 1.49 or 1.93? I like the 1.93''s shape better but I''m a size junkie so I''d prefer whichever one looks larger. Colorwise, they''re both beautiful. I can also see the 1.49 with pears and the 1.93 with trillions.

I''m not a stickler for inclusions as long as the stone looks relatively eye-clean and the beauty/integrity isn''t affected.

C

celine

It''s too bad you are not keeping that stone! The colour was really amazing! Anyway, after seeing the other stones that you posted, I have to agree that the first one does have quite a bit of inclusions.

virgoruby

Shiny_Rock
The colour is amazing on all three stones.
I would go for the 1.93, purely because I prefer a bigger stone! (though the other stone is beautiful too.)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too find the inclusions distracting -- thought I wouldn''t. The color is what you''re looking for now just pick the shape that you really want. Or if it''s size you''re after go for that!!

I like the sidestones. If you think the color difference will be distracting make them into earrings. Earrings that are slightly off color really do work and look good. Don''t notice the color diff till you take them off and hold them side by side.

HTH

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results