carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
acinom all those gorgeous rings in one place...to die for! :love:
Great job with your photo shoot. You have some great pieces (which will only be made more beautiful when your blue topaz and purple garnet join the show).

I like that Leon setting, for the garnet. It's got some flash but still lets the purple take center stage. It's certainly a nice option, I think.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom, I'm not going to lie: I still like your original option best. The purple garnet is so unique and gorgeous that I feel it needs a simple setting to "fall into the background." I feel like LM shank is a little too thick and bulky for that to happen. Just my 2 cents...no offense meant at all!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
elle_71125 said:
acinom all those gorgeous rings in one place...to die for! :love:
Great job with your photo shoot. You have some great pieces (which will only be made more beautiful when your blue topaz and purple garnet join the show).

I like that Leon setting, for the garnet. It's got some flash but still lets the purple take center stage. It's certainly a nice option, I think.

SparkliesLuver said:
Acinom, I'm not going to lie: I still like your original option best. The purple garnet is so unique and gorgeous that I feel it needs a simple setting to "fall into the background." I feel like LM shank is a little too thick and bulky for that to happen. Just my 2 cents...no offense meant at all!

Thank you both for chiming in elle and sparkliesluver. I appreciate it that you have shared your views.
I do not have a solitaire yet and I think the garnet would look great in a solitaire style ring. I love simple rings, but I prefer that 'something is going on'. Also, as this is the last stone that will be set (yeah, right!!!), I prefer a special touch. I will take some time to think about the ideal setting.

I have even been contemplating about a second Marc Williams setting, but I am afraid it might darken the stone too much as it is already a dark stone?

_34412.jpg

_34413.jpg

_34414.jpg

_34415.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A garnet cut so deeply and with a deep rich colour would probably be best in an open yet protective setting. Definitely something low set but with open sides. As with all CS, you can't go wrong with diamond accents. The location of the prongs in the inspirational LM ring leaves the ends open to potential damage. I would rather have tab prongs on the 4 corners even if oriented in a diamond/kite shape.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1442413078|3928399 said:
A garnet cut so deeply and with a deep rich colour would probably be best in an open yet protective setting. Definitely something low set but with open sides. As with all CS, you can't go wrong with diamond accents. The location of the prongs in the inspirational LM ring leaves the ends open to potential damage. I would rather have tab prongs on the 4 corners even if oriented in a diamond/kite shape.

Thank you for sharing your view Chrono! The tab prongs are actually a good idea!
As my cushion has a rounder shape (compared to the step cut stone Leon used) it probably is better to set it in the traditional way instead of kite set?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not enough coffee this morning!!! I thought that was your mockup. :oops: Just realized your cushion is indeed rounder, so I don't see tab prongs for it. A stone with squared off corners would look good with tab prongs.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1442423347|3928453 said:
Not enough coffee this morning!!! I thought that was your mockup. :oops: Just realized your cushion is indeed rounder, so I don't see tab prongs for it. A stone with squared off corners would look good with tab prongs.
Thanks for clarifying Chrono. No tab prongs for my roundish cushion then! I actually loved the idea of tab prongs after having some settings with claw prongs. It will have to wait until after the Big Ban though 8-)

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Thank you both for chiming in elle and sparkliesluver. I appreciate it that you have shared your views.
I do not have a solitaire yet and I think the garnet would look great in a solitaire style ring. I love simple rings, but I prefer that 'something is going on'. Also, as this is the last stone that will be set (yeah, right!!!), I prefer a special touch. I will take some time to think about the ideal setting.

Acinom, just cause it's a solitaire doesn't mean you can't have something fun going on from the profile or even gallery. ;-) I'm sure it'll look wonderful whatever you decide!

ETA: Ever seen this setting? This is kind of what I was talking about above.
http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/gallery/vintage-and-estate-settings/estate-julia-setting-by-jewels-by-erica-grace#.Vfqvmt9VhBc

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing that blingitaire idea Sparkliesluver :wavey: You always come up with great setting ideas.

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, I'm pretty new on PS, but I just want to say that your garnet is so beautiful! The color is stunning. :drool: If I could chose a setting for it, I would want a platinum solitaire with an open basket and maybe small diamonds flush set on all four sides at the base of the basket. Nothing too much because that garnet can hold its own. I love green lake jewelry works, so I found this pic from their site to share with you:

4_prong_mounting_with_a_twisted_shank.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Thanks for sharing that blingitaire idea Sparkliesluver :wavey: You always come up with great setting ideas.

You're welcome. I'll keep an eye out. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
picante27|1442509799|3928863 said:
Acinom, I'm pretty new on PS, but I just want to say that your garnet is so beautiful! The color is stunning. :drool: If I could chose a setting for it, I would want a platinum solitaire with an open basket and maybe small diamonds flush set on all four sides at the base of the basket. Nothing too much because that garnet can hold its own. I love green lake jewelry works, so I found this pic from their site to share with you:

Thank you for your kind words Picante. I am a huge fan of your JW stone and your stunning ring.
You have posted a beautiful ring by Green Lake!! I will definitely consider a setting like that. Lovely understated elegance. Thanks for posting :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1442510006|3928865 said:
Acinom said:

You're welcome. I'll keep an eye out. :D

Aww, thank you for keeping an eye out Sparklies. I appreciate some inspiration for setting my purple garnet :D

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous new photos Acinom. Is your ban over yet? I am looking forward to seeing your purple garnet set.

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Hi Acinom :wavey: I've been lurking on your Colors thread and I think your colored stone collection is beyond amazing! You are so lucky to own so many beauties. I wanted to pop into say hi and suggest a style for your beautiful grape purple garnet. I think you have a gorgeous ring like this already from Victor Canera, but I can't help but think this stone would be perfection in a rich yellow gold solitaire with a fluid, organic flow. Perhaps without the diamond cuffs, but with a diamond collar/bar on the basket instead, if you wanted to mix it up? Or with the diamond cuffs + diamond bar if you wanted to bling it up. :) It would even be stunning in platinum or mixed metals (rose gold basket and platinum shank?) This beautiful stone lends itself to so many options. :bigsmile: Can't wait to see what you decide!

victor_canera_tri-wire_cathedral_solitaire.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1442554434|3929123 said:
Gorgeous new photos Acinom. Is your ban over yet? I am looking forward to seeing your purple garnet set.

Thank you Lovinggems. My stone buying ban has started right after buying the purple garnet...
But I am allowing myself to set the garnet into a ring and after that Big Ban begins. So no CS and rings for me in 2016 :twisted:
I will thus enjoy it extra to have this stone set.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nycspring|1442589046|3929209 said:
Hi Acinom :wavey: I've been lurking on your Colors thread and I think your colored stone collection is beyond amazing! You are so lucky to own so many beauties. I wanted to pop into say hi and suggest a style for your beautiful grape purple garnet. I think you have a gorgeous ring like this already from Victor Canera, but I can't help but think this stone would be perfection in a rich yellow gold solitaire with a fluid, organic flow. Perhaps without the diamond cuffs, but with a diamond collar/bar on the basket instead, if you wanted to mix it up? Or with the diamond cuffs + diamond bar if you wanted to bling it up. :) It would even be stunning in platinum or mixed metals (rose gold basket and platinum shank?) This beautiful stone lends itself to so many options. :bigsmile: Can't wait to see what you decide!

Thank you for your kind words about my collection nyspring!
The ring you posted is the ring Victor made for my Afghan tourmaline from Precision Gem!
I love the idea of a collar like you mentioned. Sparkliesluver suggested that as well and I love the idea.
Now that I am wearing my 14K Marc Williams ring I actually love YG a lot? I also considered a sleek design with a broader width shank like this one from Alistair Kelsey:

_34464.jpg

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
That is very funny about the Afghan Tourmaline ring- no wonder I liked it so much! :) I love the idea of setting this luscious stone in yellow gold- deep jewel tones and yellow gold are the perfect match imo. The wider shank solitaire is beautiful. I'm sure you're very familiar with this ring: I think a setting like msop04's Honey Zircon solitaire, perhaps with a slightly thicker shank (and yellow gold? :)), could be wonderful for your garnet as well! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honey-zircon-asscher-in-dk-setting.214137/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/honey-zircon-asscher-in-dk-setting.214137/[/URL]
I am thinking of getting a colored stone ring for a milestone birthday that is approaching, and this thread is giving me so many great ideas. :bigsmile:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to chime in and say that Leon setting is amazing. I think it would be the most gorgeous ring with your stone. (But I'm a step cut nut, so maybe I'm biased). :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi nycspring :wavey:
You have a great feel for my personal taste :lol:
I love that ring from msop04. The stone and setting are equally amazing.

How exciting you have an anniversary coming up. What kind of CS would you consider?

_34466.jpg

_34467.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
derbygal|1442600445|3929275 said:
I just have to chime in and say that Leon setting is amazing. I think it would be the most gorgeous ring with your stone. (But I'm a step cut nut, so maybe I'm biased). :naughty:

Thank you for your vote derbygal. I also still feel it would be a good choice. I started my PS collection with french cut tapered sides and I think it would be great to add step cut tapered sides to my collection as the 'final piece'.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Acinom,

:love: Love the new group shots! :love:

Your assher cut blue ring is incredible.

I also really love your marc Williams ring- sunny and yummy- I have a ring from him on my wishlist, now because of you! And the birdsnest ring is seriously high art- wow- stunning.

I am really, really sad that the big ban is almost here. You always amaze and delight me with your creations- I don't want you to stop!

I am excited to see what you do with your purple garnet- I know it will be fantastic. I love the leon inspiration, as well! It would be splendid. But so would the other suggestions, looking forward to seeing it, enjoy the creation, Acinom, especially if it is the last for a while!

nycspring

Shiny_Rock
Lol, you have great taste! The special occasion that is approaching is a birthday (January) so I'm considering a garnet, my birth stone. Perhaps an Emerald or Asscher shaped Tsavorite in a yellow gold or platinum solitaire setting. Or an oval shaped tsavorite with a Tiffany Schlumberger inspired setting. Actually, your red spess ring reminds me of this style- was that gorgeous ring inspired by the Schlumberger collection?

At the same time, I also want to get a blue sapphire to put in my old engagement ring setting (pave solitaire), but I don't think I'll be able to get the color/quality that I want with the budget I have for this particular project. So the sapphire will probably have to wait!

I am a CS newbie, so I'm trying to soak in as much knowledge as I can from this forum! I will definitely be asking for some help from the CS experts here when the time comes. :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the new group shots of your rings! :love: :love: :love:

DK :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
apacherose: thank you for your kind words about my collection.
The Marc Williams ring is so versatile! When I saw the progress pics I was afraid it would be too high but in real life the dimensions turned out to be perfect. How nice that he is now also on your list. I would love to add another MW ring but the garnet would probably become to dark.
The birdsnest ring is so much fun to wear. I love to wear it at work to add some power to our meetings :lol:
Thank you for your view on setting the purple garnet. As you know I love your taste and feel for jewelry styles.
I now want to appreciate what I already have instead of looking at 'the next project'. It's time to keep the pace down a little. But I will miss it as I truly enjoy these projects.

nycspring: ah! You have such a fun project coming up! Great idea to ask for setting ideas here. I always find it very helpful. The Tiffany Schlumberger collection is beautiful and has a unique look. My oval spess ring was inspired by a BGD ring which was inspired by David Yurman.
It would be great if you could add a sapphire to your collection. Depending on the color you are looking for, you might be able to find an affordable one with the help of PSers?
I will make sure to follow your birthday garnet journey.

dk: thank you DK!!
I am always amazed to see your beautiful collection grow. Soon you will need a special camera to be able to capture all in one photo

_34483.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PRE BAN UPDATE
So, my pre-ban projects are done:...
- Amethyst ring by acstones.nl and BE
- Spess ring by Jim McCormick and David Klass
- Paraiba ring by Paraiba International and David Klass
- Rose and Blue ring by TGT and David Klass
- Aqua ring by Select Gem and David Klass
- Danburite ring by Precision Gem and Marc Williams
- Birdsnest ring by Sheila Westera with Lapis Lazuli
- Topaz ring by Bespoke Gems and David Klass

With the exception of the VC topaz halo that will be shipped by the end of the year and the purple garnet that needs to be set:
- Topaz ring by Bespoke Gems and Victor Canera
- Setting the purple garnet...

_34498.jpg

_34499.jpg

_34500.jpg

_34501.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Green Lake inspirations
Soo inspired by the flowing solitaire Picante just posted by Green Lake Jewelry Works and her stunning peacock ring.
I love these designs I found online...
Mmm, do I need a stone to set in a nature inspired Green Lake design?

_34502.jpg

_34503.jpg

_34504.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would you do something that small?

If so, what would you be happy with that small?

picante27

Shiny_Rock
Acinom|1442696157|3929607 said:
Green Lake inspirations
Soo inspired by the flowing solitaire Picante just posted by Green Lake Jewelry Works and her stunning peacock ring.
I love these designs I found online...
Mmm, do I need a stone to set in a nature inspired Green Lake design?

Yay! :appl:
I had such a great experience working with green lake, and their craftsmanship is top notch. Do you have a Montana sapphire yet?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1442660018|3929446 said:
apacherose: thank you for your kind words about my collection.
The Marc Williams ring is so versatile! When I saw the progress pics I was afraid it would be too high but in real life the dimensions turned out to be perfect.

I agree! It really looks amazing on- I was afraid it would be too high, and I LOVE it. And, seriously, I know you have said it is not your favorite with your skin tone, but, I love you in yellow gold, too. That ring looks just killer on.

My goodness- I would only ever look at your rings in meetings. It would be borderline inappropriate, as I don't think I could tear my eyes away, lol.

Great group shots!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results