shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
:lol: So how many PSers do we have in line for a Doug topaz? 4?? You've started a craze Mochiko/Acinom!!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42: I am very excited to have a sister stone with you, Acinom and Lovinggems. Do you have any idea how you are going to set your natural top color topaz?

Ricezo: you should be one of us, should you?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1430781783|3872160 said:
:lol: So how many PSers do we have in line for a Doug topaz? 4?? You've started a craze Mochiko/Acinom!!

Not me, as I may be getting a bigger aqua from JW for next year, still early days yet.

DK :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma said:
mochiko42: I am very excited to have a sister stone with you, Acinom and Lovinggems. Do you have any idea how you are going to set your natural top color topaz?

Shulaibaoma, not sure yet. I don't have a setting in mind at this point and I also want to save money for the HK gem show in June, so I'll leave it unset for now. [emoji16] but I'll eventually probably choose something that's a simple and minimalist style..

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430765497|3872041 said:
Acinom said:
Sparkliesluver: any updates regarding your beautiful projects? Enjoy the process!!
There will probably be some diamond sugar in your future too 8-)

I shipped the sapphire rough to Jerry this morning. He expects to cut it in a week to two weeks. And I hope Gene is able to mail my garnet this week. :) Thank you. I was getting a bit caught up in everything, so it's nice to have that reminder. :)

I sure hope so! ;-) :naughty:

Sparkliesluver: please prepare a giant thread about your projects! It's really nice to follow it.
We all get caught up in everything sometimes and then forget to truly appreciate what we are working on or what we already have. It's good to bring some focus and concentrate on what we really covet.
Soooo curious to learn how you will set your stones and which you will use for the son project :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1430771748|3872094 said:
Acinom: I am debating the size of the untreated topaz should be. If I choose the dipped in diamond sugar setting, I should have a small one around 7-8mm, but if I lean to sparkliesluver's setting I prefer a larger size 10-11mm. Maybe I should have a untreated topaz with Sparkliesluver's setting and an electric blue on with your setting. :) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Ha :ugeek: If you have a preference for blue than it would be great to opt for 2 stones and choose these settings. Do you have more unset stones lying around? In both sizes the Asscher style will be beautiful and noticeable.
Happy decision making :wavey: Let us know your thoughts.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko: oh yes!! Imagine the green and blue groupshots! And DK will add hers to the greens too eventually. I love how we inspire each other. Hopefully we can continue this support during the Ban period :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am sure you wil have such a beautiful and savvy choice for your Doug Asscher. Do you have other projects in the works right now? How exciting that you will be going to the HK gem show! Any items on your wishlist?

Ricezo: by posting the Instagram pic it was actually you who started the craze :twisted: I am extremely grateful you did (and glad I could swap the two topazes and thus stay within my pre-ban limit of 6 max, plus zircon option). We now have the following PSers with a top colour topaz in their future:
- Mochiko
- Lovinggems
- Shulaibaoma
- Acinom
1 or 2 can be added. Hopefully it will be PSers as well

DK: you are always up to something :naughty:. You wanted a larger one all along so it's good to pursue it. Will your tent still fit into your 2016 budget now the Aqua plan is on the list for 2016? And for 2015 you have the gorgeous Ammy, still the green Afghan tourmaline from Gene? And you said you also have some yellow in your future. Please post your longlist in your CS year thread :wavey:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, I think I may have to pare down my CS collection soon and be more selective. For the June gem show, I'll mostly be browsing. Maybe I'll buy something at the Nov show if DK joins me and we encourage each other to buy something [emoji16]

No major projects in the works, but I did pick up a pair of tiny hauyne/hauynite (2mm) earrings and a Colombian emerald pendant during the Mother's day sales. Other than that, a pair of diamond studs, and saving up to set my loose stones. [emoji7]

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168 said:
ricezo|1430781783|3872160 said:
[emoji38] So how many PSers do we have in line for a Doug topaz? 4?? You've started a craze Mochiko/Acinom!!

Not me, as I may be getting a bigger aqua from JW for next year, still early days yet.

DK :Up_to_something: :bigsmile:
Nice aquas are so hard to find. I think Jeff will cut you a great one!!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I agree it would be nice if Ricezo joins the topaz club!

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparkliesluver: please prepare a giant thread about your projects! It's really nice to follow it.
We all get caught up in everything sometimes and then forget to truly appreciate what we are working on or what we already have. It's good to bring some focus and concentrate on what we really covet.
Soooo curious to learn how you will set your stones and which you will use for the son project :appl:

Acinom, I probably will when I have all the stones in-hand. Thank you for suggesting it! :)
We do, and unfortunately I recently had one of those moments. But I'm "back" now and all is good. :D I'm curious too! hehe

shulaibaoma|1430771748|3872094 said:
Acinom: I am debating the size of the untreated topaz should be. If I choose the dipped in diamond sugar setting, I should have a small one around 7-8mm, but if I lean to sparkliesluver's setting I prefer a larger size 10-11mm. Maybe I should have a untreated topaz with Sparkliesluver's setting and an electric blue on with your setting. :) :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

I completely agree, shulaibaoma. If I were going for the dipped look, I'd go 7-8mm, but if you're wanting something like my tourmaline ring then you can go much larger. What's your finger size, by the way? I can't wait to hear what you decide! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko: seems like more PSers are taking a little step back. Somehow, you seem to always pick the winner stones!! Your collection is amazing. Please post pics of your hauyne and emerald! What is your priority list when it comes to setting stones?

I agree that JW will cut an amazing stone for your DK!

lovinggems: :lol: That would surely be nice, especially since she enabled us by posting the rough. But I will not tempt her unnecessary since she has lots of great stuff going on :love: :love: :love:

That's good to hear Sparkliesluver! Seems that nice stuff is coming in your direction. Do you feel you have all the dreamstones you wished for?

Shulaibaoma: I agree with Sparkliesluver on the sizing: the zircon in my diamond sugar ring is 7 mm and that's a great size when you want to add a halo. My finger is 5.75. What's your size? If you do the Sparkliesluver you could go as big as 12 mm depending on your finger size.

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
That's good to hear Sparkliesluver! Seems that nice stuff is coming in your direction. Do you feel you have all the dreamstones you wished for?

:) Thank you. Gene said he mailed my garnet on Saturday so hopefully I receive it next week. Honestly, I'm not sure yet. haha I say that because I'd like to wait until I can see them with my own eyes. :naughty:

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Sparkliesluver: I could not wait to see the outcome of your son's project. I like his red hair. He is such a cutie.

Acinom: I request 11mm asscher cut since it might not very easy to get this size asscher cut nice color stone. For the dipped in diamond sugar ring, I still need more time to think about it. Maybe a light blue color sapphire is ideal. sap167f.jpg

This sapphire is a little bit too small 6.24mm. I also see a lot of grey.

S

SparkliesLuver

Aww, thank you, shulaibaoma. That's very sweet of you. :) Yes, it's still in the works!

I think you made a good call about requesting a sizable asscher. :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1430848941|3872503 said:
Acinom said:

:) Thank you. Gene said he mailed my garnet on Saturday so hopefully I receive it next week. Honestly, I'm not sure yet. haha I say that because I'd like to wait until I can see them with my own eyes. :naughty:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
CS are so mesmerizing... There is always a special new stone somewhere. Based on the photo's you do not 'need' any additional stones though 8-)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1430852838|3872521 said:
Sparkliesluver: I could not wait to see the outcome of your son's project. I like his red hair. He is such a cutie.

Acinom: I request 11mm asscher cut since it might not very easy to get this size asscher cut nice color stone. For the dipped in diamond sugar ring, I still need more time to think about it. Maybe a light blue color sapphire is ideal. sap167f.jpg

Great choice shulaibaoma! Based on the rough the top colour topaz does not need a halo. And I think it's really worth it to opt for a larger size since it's quite rare. So Mochiko, you and myself all opted for the 11 mm Asscher :D

And ooh! I love that sapphire. But you can wake me up anytime for a beautiful blue. On my iPhone screen I do not detect any grey though. Is this a new stone from Jeff? I have not seen it before.

Edit to add: Ah, I now remember the stone! It indeed seems to have grey in the other pics. Mm, could be worth seeing it in real life. What is your finger size. If you have small fingers it could work, but I would take more time to look around.

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
Acinom, my ring finger size is 5 but I will do a right hand middle finger ring with the natural topaz so the size will be 6 instead of 5. So we will have triplets stones! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I do have two project is going on one is Gene's pink sapphire you already knew, the other one is a 8*7 oval yellow sapphire from Dana. I sent them back to China to set since a friend of mine highly recommend a setter and I think it doesn't to give it a try. But it already been a month, and my package hasn't been updated since May 10th after it got to Beijing. Fortunately, I have insurance. I already contacted my local post office and I might get their response in a few days. :wall: :wall: :wall:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shulaibaoma , have you ever tried to buy gems from Taobao? Sometimes I see some Mahenge spinel etc but how to find out if the seller is really legitimate or not, it seems quite difficult. Also return policy/customer service is not as easy compared to US vendors since it's not traditional to have return policy here.. I've only bought cheap stuff like beach tent from Taobao before, for that I don't care about the return policy since it's so cheap (under rmb 200). Not sure if I can be ever ready to buy gems on Taobao.[emoji28]
PS, I was in Beijing in Feb, first time in years, and really like the new restaurants and shopping areas. Usually I only go to Shanghai so it was nice to be back in Beijing.

Acinom , I will try to post some pics when they arrive :) I'm not sure how much the hauyne will stand out since they are only 2mm. Hopefully the color will be worth it! In terms of setting stones, I am debating whether to buy a pair of diamond studs or to start setting some of my loose colored stones. I don't think I can do both at the same time. I'm not as organized as you to impose a numerical limit for your ban! :)

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42: That's interesting! I always go to Beijing but this summer I will fly to Shanghai for the 1st time from US. The last time I visit Shanghai is 1999 before I came to the States. I did have a couple of Taobao experience and I am very satisfied with both quality and service. In 2012 I went back for a college friends reunion, my luggage was delayed so my friends gave some her new cloths from Taobao. I think the quality was very good like Ann Taylor or Bananna Republic in the States. I also got some silk scarfs and fans as gifts for my American friends, the quality was beyond my expectation. I always go to their offical Tianmao website to order. I just bought a south see pearl sets from Haichen. The pendent is 13.3mm and the earring is 12.38mm.

qq.jpg
qq2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shulaibaoma|1430852838|3872521 said:

It looks like an aquamarine!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
shulaibaoma|1430784540|3872188 said:

Hi shulaibaoma, maybe a cathedral style solitaire with a mokume band.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1430896353|3872832 said:

I love mokume!! :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
ricezo|1430910600|3872859 said:
Lovinggems|1430896353|3872832 said:

I love mokume!! :appl:
Ricezo the topaz rough is calling you name... :bigsmile:
Doug mentioned with the current schedule the stone will be ready in around 5 weeks. :devil:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shulsibaoma: oh no. I hate to read this about the shipping of your stones. I had a similar experience when shipping my non matching sapphires to the US. The tracking info was not updated for a while. Luckily things started moving again after a while. I am sure the same will happen in your case. But it's nervewrecking all the same. All the best :wavey:
Do you have a pic of your yellow sapphire?
Thanks for posting the eye candy by the way.

Mochiko: if the colour is amazing, I am convinced it will
stand out, even with this smaller size.
And yes, a huge dilemma indeed as OEC studs are true classics that take you from day to night. I can really recommend organizing the ban with deadlines, limits, possible exceptions to the rules etc :lol:

lovinggems: I agree with Ricezo! The Mokume style is beautiful and unique. I guess we all have to see and 'feel' the colour and cut though to be able to decide on the best setting for our particular stones.
I agree with you that the blue will look great on Ricezo. I will recruit her for my 'organised ban' club though. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pre-ban project no 2: setting the non colour matching sapphires
Quick update: David shot me an e-mail today saying the setting already looks great and that engraving is currently applied. Yay!! The ring will probably be ready by Friday or so. We did a last tweak of the CAD's by the way:

_29989.jpg

_29990.jpg

_29991.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a pic of the first CAD.

David is currently working on CAD's for the Aqua from Select-gem

_29988.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

Can't you sleep or are you not in your base in Europe, as it is nearly 02:00h in the UK?!

Off to bed now, night night.

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1430960120|3873243 said:
Acinom,

Can't you sleep or are you not in your base in Europe, as it is nearly 02:00h in the UK?!

Off to bed now, night night.

DK :bigsmile:

Very sharp DK!! I arrived in the Carribean today. It's almost 21.00h here and I trying to fight of sleep hoping to deceit my biological clock :lol:
Sleep well :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1430959918|3873242 said:
And a pic of the first CAD.

David is currently working on CAD's for the Aqua from Select-gem

Mm, somehow the 2nd cad is reappearing. I will try to add the first again. Time to go to bed I guess

_29992.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results