carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Acinom's colors

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1427609121|3853984 said:
They both look great but I think I prefer option 2 - greater finger coverage horizontally. What do you prefer?

Thank you for sharing your preference Ricezo. I honestly love both options. Like you, I have a slight preference for option 2. Or do you think I should go EW all the way?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1427609989|3853988 said:
My vote is for 2 as well - better finger coverage and more flowing in design IMHO, but you have to love it so it's your choice....

Hee Arkieb :wavey:
Thank you for your suggestion to try the angle as in option 2!! To my eyes it indeed looks really good and flowing.

update on 'something yellow':
I wired the first payment for the cutting of a yellow stone! I have chosen the chubby cushion as DK suggested. So excited :D

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Acinom|1427610110|3853992 said:
They both look great but I think I prefer option 2 - greater finger coverage horizontally. What do you prefer?

Thank you for sharing your preference Ricezo. I honestly love both options. Like you, I have a slight preference for option 2. Or do you think I should go EW all the way?

Ohh I'm not sure, I think that could look nice too but I like the slightly angled look.

Yay anymore information on the yellow stone?? Is this a Gene purchase? How big is it likely to be? How exciting!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1427611335|3854003 said:
Acinom|1427610110|3853992 said:

Ohh I'm not sure, I think that could look nice too but I like the slightly angled look.

Yay anymore information on the yellow stone?? Is this a Gene purchase? How big is it likely to be? How exciting!

The yellow will be a zircon from Jeff White! It will probably come out at 9-10 mm. It will be similar to SapphireStyle's beautiful stone that she posted in this thread:

_28390.jpg

_28391.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool how are you going to set the new yellow member of the bling family?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1427612142|3854006 said:
Cool how are you going to set the new yellow member of the bling family?

Thanks Arkieb :wavey: . The Trueste has been a coveted ring for me forever, so perhaps it's time 8-)
I also love the 'flowing water' setting that DK made for Sparkliesluver. If she doesn't mind I might consider an adapted version.
So, I am definitely considering 'simple' yet elegant designs to let the stone be the star.

Any alternative ideas?

_28392.jpg

_28393.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Option 2 for me too, and good to see it is a stone cut by JW!

DK :))

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
That's fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the finished stone. I really love the trueste!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1427616250|3854015 said:

Thanks DK!!! You mean option 2 for the pink/bleu sapphire set, don't you?
I am very excited to have a stone cut by Jeff white! I love the eye candy on his site :love: :love:

What setting would you suggest for the yellow zircon?

How is your aqua project progressing. When do you expect to see it for the first time?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1427617648|3854024 said:
That's fantastic! Looking forward to seeing the finished stone. I really love the trueste!

Thank you for your vote Ricezo! I have loved the Trueste forever, I also love the fluid lines of Sparkliesluvers setting as well :love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you already decided on a cushion but oh I would kill for an asscher from Jeff white.

And love the bypass rings of course, what kind of pave will the shank have? Bright set like the inspiration?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Niel|1427639076|3854095 said:
I know you already decided on a cushion but oh I would kill for an asscher from Jeff white.

And love the bypass rings of course, what kind of pave will the shank have? Bright set like the inspiration?

Me too Niel :lol:. But I feel this particular zircon needs to be a sparkly chubby cushion.
I would love to have an Asscher from Jeff White and will put it on my 'after the ban'-list.

The non color matching sapphires will have engraving instead of pave. Otherwise I would have opted for bright cut pave.

Are you working on any projects Niel. Did you indeed sell your marquise with YG shank?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy, you're doing a yellow zircon! :appl: :dance: I probably have zircons of every color in my unset collection...lol but yellows are very special. FYI, some light, they can be a bit on the honey side. I don't think its a fault though, I love that color personally. what type of setting? they rock in yellow gold...just sayin :naughty:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427639973|3854103 said:
Niel|1427639076|3854095 said:

Me too Niel :lol:. But I feel this particular zircon needs to be a sparkly chubby cushion.
I would love to have an Asscher from Jeff White and will put it on my 'after the ban'-list.

The non color matching sapphires will have engraving instead of pave. Otherwise I would have opted for bright cut pave.

Are you working on any projects Niel. Did you indeed sell your marquise with YG shank?

Oh engraving will be fun. My apologies you probably said that somewhere and I missed it. He did a bright set pave ring someone posted in ps recently and it was stunning, so can't go wrong either way. I respect your ability to make such lovely rings sans diamonds. I can never seem to get into colored stone rings without diamonds, but you seem to do it wonderfully.

Yes in fact I did, shell be off to her new home tomorrow. I've got something in the works but I plan to keep it under wraps until I'm sure about it.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1427642581|3854121 said:
Oh boy, you're doing a yellow zircon! :appl: :dance: I probably have zircons of every color in my unset collection...lol but yellows are very special. FYI, some light, they can be a bit on the honey side. I don't think its a fault though, I love that color personally. what type of setting? they rock in yellow gold...just sayin :naughty:

Hi Arcadian :wavey:
Oww, I would love to see your zircon collection! Please post a pic of your stones. I also like the honey flavour. I am so glad I discovered the yellow zircon thanks to SapphireStyle. I looked at several stones including a gorgeous Mali garnet, but most are too greenish yellow and it will not be a good match with my skintone unfortunately.

I want to keep it very simples. See the examples I posted above (the settings with the green stones): the Trueste or a setting inspired on Sparkliesluvers setting by DK.

Mm, I can indeed envision it in YG! Perhaps a very high karat YG could work (I normally wear wite metals and some RG only). Would it also work in RG?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Niel|

Oh engraving will be fun. My apologies you probably said that somewhere and I missed it. He did a bright set pave ring someone posted in ps recently and it was stunning, so can't go wrong either way. I respect your ability to make such lovely rings sans diamonds. I can never seem to get into colored stone rings without diamonds, but you seem to do it wonderfully.

Yes in fact I did, shell be off to her new home tomorrow. I've got something in the works but I plan to keep it under wraps until I'm sure about it.[/quote]

Yes, I love DK's engraving! And I love to let colored stones be the true star of a setting. Diamonds can definitely help to add some oomph though.

It's such a beautiful ring! No wonder it moved with lighning speed. Looking forward to see what you come up with. You have such an eye for fabulous classics :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427618592|3854030 said:
dk168|1427616250|3854015 said:

Thanks DK!!! You mean option 2 for the pink/bleu sapphire set, don't you?
I am very excited to have a stone cut by Jeff white! I love the eye candy on his site :love: :love:

What setting would you suggest for the yellow zircon?

How is your aqua project progressing. When do you expect to see it for the first time?

Yup, Option 2 with the more tilted stones for the by-pass pink and blue sapphire ring.

As for setting for the yellow zircon, is it a square cushion or a rectangular cushion?

For a square cushion, I would set it in a Tiffany's Legacy inspired setting (that's what I have in mind for the blue/green tourmaline from Gene).

For a rectangular cushion, perhaps a 3-stone with brilliant cut half moon sides, or a split shank of some sort.

I should have the Aqua ring after Easter when I return to work on Wednesday. The stone is on its way to be set, however, I doubt if the ring will be with me before I set off on my first camping trip of the year next Wednesday afternoon. Thanks for asking. :))

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DK! :wavey:

The yellow zircon will be a square cushion once faceted.
Your blue-green Afghan tourmaline by Gene will look fabulous in the Legacy.
It faintly reminds me of the setting VC made for my blue Zircon. I am also not a halo girl at heart and I intend to keep this setting really simple like the Trueste and Sparkliesluver's setting by DK that I posted above.

Thank you for your view on the non-color matched sapphires ring!

Looking forward to see your Aqua setting! It will be gorgeous DK 8-)

_28401.jpg

_28402.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427643988|3854132 said:
Arcadian|1427642581|3854121 said:

Hi Arcadian :wavey:
Oww, I would love to see your zircon collection! Please post a pic of your stones. I also like the honey flavour. I am so glad I discovered the yellow zircon thanks to SapphireStyle. I looked at several stones including a gorgeous Mali garnet, but most are too greenish yellow and it will not be a good match with my skintone unfortunately.

I want to keep it very simples. See the examples I posted above (the settings with the green stones): the Trueste or a setting inspired on Sparkliesluvers setting by DK.

Mm, I can indeed envision it in YG! Perhaps a very high karat YG could work (I normally wear wite metals and some RG only). Would it also work in RG?

I'll have to see if I have a picture of them because I'm pretty sure I took pictures of them all at once.

I've seen some yellow zircs in RG but it would really depend on the color of the stone. If the stone is too golden or in any way leaning close to brown, you're really going to really see it in a RG setting. Yellow gold is a much safer alternative. If the stone is very sunny, then RG won't be an issue. I was thinking if you go with yellow, something engraved would be pretty cool.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="Arcadian

I'll have to see if I have a picture of them because I'm pretty sure I took pictures of them all at once.

I've seen some yellow zircs in RG but it would really depend on the color of the stone. If the stone is too golden or in any way leaning close to brown, you're really going to really see it in a RG setting. Yellow gold is a much safer alternative. If the stone is very sunny, then RG won't be an issue. I was thinking if you go with yellow, something engraved would be pretty cool.[/quote]

Hopefully you will indeed find the group pic of your zircons! Any plans on setting them in the future?
Thanks for sharing your view on metal color. I will wait until the stone is set to first determine what kind of yellow it is.
Oh, engraving in warm gold. I have a soft spot for engraving :love: :love: :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,

I believe your sugar dipped blue zircon ring is quite a bit more elaborate than the Legacy ring you posted. ;))

The version I have in mind for the green/blue tourmaline is really just a simple bezel set with a halo without millgrain, with a wider plain court shank, as I do not like settings that sit too high/proud or paved shank.

Can't wait to see your next finished ring!

DK :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1427667285|3854247 said:
Acinom,

I believe your sugar dipped blue zircon ring is quite a bit more elaborate than the Legacy ring you posted. ;))

The version I have in mind for the green/blue tourmaline is really just a simple bezel set with a halo without millgrain, with a wider plain court shank, as I do not like settings that sit too high/proud or paved shank.

Can't wait to see your next finished ring!

DK :bigsmile:

Sounds like a great plan for your green-blue tourmaline DK! Will the setting be similar to your beautiful recent Emerald cut ring upgrade :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the Big Ban lifted? :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1427715960|3854440 said:
Whahahaha :lol: I have an appointment with Big Ban in 2016 Chrono :roll:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427709958|3854401 said:
Sounds like a great plan for your green-blue tourmaline DK! Will the setting be similar to your beautiful recent Emerald cut ring upgrade :love:

No, it will be just a normal paved halo with no air gap.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1427716458|3854444 said:
Chrono|1427715960|3854440 said:
Whahahaha :lol: I have an appointment with Big Ban in 2016 Chrono :roll:

Ban, what ban???!!!

DK :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Paraiba cab has arrived at David's:

_28502.jpg

_28504.jpg

_28505.jpg

_28506.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does not appear to be glowy, but I do like the color:

Would love to hear your opinion, both good and bad.

David will now adjust the CAD drawings to match the oval shape.
The ring will be made in plat, although I have thought about 20K RG as well. What do you think?

_28507.jpg

_28508.jpg

_28509.jpg

_28510.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful colour! I think platinum and rose gold would both work so you can't really go wrong. Just go with your gut feeling! Looking forward to seeing the CADs. :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ricezo|1428139892|3856791 said:
It's a beautiful colour! I think platinum and rose gold would both work so you can't really go wrong. Just go with your gut feeling! Looking forward to seeing the CADs. :wavey:

Thank you Ricezo! I love the color, as well as the chubby sugarloaf shape.
I was heading back to platinum, but seeing the stone I indeed think that RG could work. With platinum the ring will be more seabreeze fresh while RG will add warmth and tropical flavor. If I would indeed choose RG, would you recommend 14K or 18/20K?

Here are the CAD's, adjusted for the shape of the cab:
I will not opt for two-tone though. It will either be RG all the way or platinum.

_28570.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results