shape
carat
color
clarity

? about demantoid .

Tariq wali

Rough_Rock
help me to an idea about this stone , chrysotile mineral fibers also behave like that in demantoid garnet ?

_18391.jpg

_18392.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tariq wali|1400536700|3676320 said:
help me to an idea about this stone , chrysotile mineral fibers also behave like that in demantoid garnet ?

First off, are you sure this is a demantoid garnet? If the RI and SG checks out, then I'm guessing this isn't Russian because the needles are very short and and do not radiate out from a centre-point.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono said:
Tariq wali|1400536700|3676320 said:

First off, are you sure this is a demantoid garnet? If the RI and SG checks out, then I'm guessing this isn't Russian because the needles are very short and and do not radiate out from a centre-point.

On the demantoid wikipedia page it says:

"The microstructure of some demantoids is believed to be affected by the presence of 'horsetails' (the 'horsetail' typically originates towards the centre of the nodule, with the fibres branching out and radiating towards the surface), whereas horsetail-free demantoids from other sources frequently display flat crystal faces."

If I'm understanding that correctly, crysotile inclusions in demantoid from Iran or Italy do not display the twirly horsetail effect, but are rather 'flat crystal faces', which might be what is in that photo. I could be utterly wrong though, I'm only guessing :wacko:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results