shape
carat
color
clarity

a (somewhat) frustrating search for a special sapphire

slksapphire

Shiny_Rock
goldfish,

i'm sorry that your decision making process has been so agonizing, but it is one that those of us hunting colored gems can certainly sympathize with and have gone through ourselves.

i think you reached the right decision -- ultimately, you need to decide what you can live with. know that it is extremely unlikely that you will find a stone, within a reasonable amount of time, that meets ALL of your criteria. but hopefully it will meet most of them.

if i may say, i would recommend that you start working in reverse of your last process and review the seller's return policy first. i would not purchase a stone (based on a photograph) without a no-questions asked return policy -- under any circumstances (unless someone very knowledgeable about sapphires is working on your behalf).

good luck and i look forward to reading about your search. unfortunately, i have never bought a stone online and thus, do not trust my own judgment at all. but i will put up links if i see anything.

eta: even if the stone comes back from hong kong, i would not purchase it due to the seller's return policy but you need to decide what you would be comfortable with.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wanted to echo the idea of always checking the return policy first.......and secondly, buying a stone so it can be seen in person and then not having access to your money if you return it would be a deal breaker and I would not do business with anyone using that policy. :angryfire:
OTOH, Brad has beautiful gems and if you play with the idea of a different design you may come up with something that is all the more unique! Just another way to be sure no one else will have the same thing, especially if you go with side stones. You made the right decision for now......dust yourself off and get back in the game!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longer emerald cuts can be quite amazing in the right setting. And I don't think it looks too too long.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto the return policy. Start by looking at the return/refund policy, then go on from there. I am sorry that EC sapphire isn't the right one for you but who know, there might be a better one right around the corner.

goldfish17

Rough_Rock
Thanks for everyone's kind words and replies. Will keep looking and keep you posted on our progress!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results