shape
carat
color
clarity

A home for my red diamond

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much!
I'm looking forward to having my stones back and being able to admire them on my hand. I think we're still several weeks away, but it's exciting that it's finally happening. I got my red diamond last July. I might have the ring done within the year.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yay!!! Its comment along. Can't wait to see the finished product!!!!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
At long last, here it is!

_9767.jpg

_9768.jpg

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it love it love it!!

missPiggy

Rough_Rock
Ohh it's very pretty!!! I didn't even know about red diamonds before reading your post :oops:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats! It's gorgeous! I love the earthy green with it too, it's perfect!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like a cute red flower complete with green leaves.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is just beautiful! It really worked out well. Love the contrasting colors -- it's sharp & interesting while still letting the stunning diamond steal the show. Super job!! :appl:

--- Laurie

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much!

Chrono, that's exactly what I was going for!

Freke, I specifically wanted an earthy green for the leaves!

Jewel freak, thanks for your kind words. I certainly spent enough time planning it!

I keep trying to take better pics. If I succeed, I'll post them. One thing that doesn't really show in my pics so far is the milgrain on the outer edges of the leaves. I really like it, helps keep the leaves delicate. I think I'd also like it on the inner edges of the leaves, but I'm not sure how feasible that is.

I also kind of wish I'd gone for a third leaf on each side, tapering down the shank. Oh well.

I'm really pleased with the scalloped look of the petals.

And I like the overall presence.

All in all it turned out well.

Thanks for all the input!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
missPiggy|1378705759|3517093 said:
Ohh it's very pretty!!! I didn't even know about red diamonds before reading your post :oops:

Then I'm really glad I posted it!

I first heard of them from LD's red flower cluster (I reposted a pic of it in one my threads on this project).
My red performs quite differently in the sunshine than my blue. The sunlight makes it redder, for one thing,and it's even got red fluor!

Coloured diamonds are so much fun!

Thanks!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
athenaworth|1378696688|3517053 said:
I love it love it love it!!

Thanks so much! I know multiple colours in one ring isn't everyone's cup of tea. But I'm really pleased!

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
I love the setting. Your red diamond is so pretty and vibrant.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
sunnybunny|1378786079|3517724 said:
I love the setting. Your red diamond is so pretty and vibrant.

Thanks so much!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Some more pics.

The second one shows the red fluor, like a haze that gives the diamond an orange cast. Noticeably more orange than in the other pics.
Thanks to Kenny for teaching me that there is such a thing as red fluorescence in the first place!

_9801.jpg

_9802.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
And here's one I took in early morning light. Makes the white gold look almost yellow! But not the diamonds. :)

_9803.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very beautiful.
Congratulations!!!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1378787882|3517733 said:
Very beautiful.
Congratulations!!!

Thanks!!

'Course, now I want one that's deeper red (Less modifiers!).

And I want to try and get a fire shot.

Thanks for aiding and abetting my love for fcds! Without your fabulous photos, I might have stopped after the first blue one!

I so seriously wish my stones could get Kenny glamour shots! Sadly I make do with my iPhone.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

That turned out beautifully. Enjoy it!

Annette

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so lovely. That's going to be an heirloom. I love the green leaves with the red diamonds. The white diamonds are in perfect proportion to the red center. The mounting really highlights the stones. It could have overpowered the stones but it didn't and it's just perfect! Honestly, I can't stop staring at it. Congratulations!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Yes I have wanted a color diamond for sooo long yours came out so beautiful

SapphireSun

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!!! :appl: Love the red diamond and the sparkly white side diamonds. May I ask what color side diamonds they are? Just curious if it really matters from F to I. The green diamonds go perfectly well. :D

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Mikla|1378855492|3518274 said:
I'm not sure I've ever seen anything so lovely. That's going to be an heirloom. I love the green leaves with the red diamonds. The white diamonds are in perfect proportion to the red center. The mounting really highlights the stones. It could have overpowered the stones but it didn't and it's just perfect! Honestly, I can't stop staring at it. Congratulations!

Wow! Thanks, that's quite a compliment.

I do find I'm enjoying looking at it in many different types of light. I think the ever shifting light effects are part of the big allure of diamonds. My fcds are all colour shift stones, much more so than my sapphires.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
SapphireSun|1378858649|3518312 said:
Beautiful!!! :appl: Love the red diamond and the sparkly white side diamonds. May I ask what color side diamonds they are? Just curious if it really matters from F to I. The green diamonds go perfectly well. :D

Thanks!

Umm, G-H, maybe even I, I think. Not especially fabulous. They are recycled from my old eternity band. I told my jeweller to pick the ten best stones for the flower petals. I'll probably make the others into a stacking ring or something.

I don't think you need an especially high colour for halo stones if they are going around a coloured stone. I wouldn't go as low as J though, I find J is very noticeably off-white.

By the way, I often think of you when I'm cleaning my blue sapphire under the hot tap. It makes such a difference to the sparkle if I keep it clean! :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :love: :appl: :love: Wow!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!

For such applause you get an encore photo (or two).
I've been trying get a fire shot. Here are my best attempts so far.

Thanks heididdl and smitcompton!

I really don't feel the pics are doing it justice at all. But that's just how diamonds are. I'll have to try and shoot a video at some point. In the meantime I'm making up for it with endless stills.

Thanks for bearing with all my photos.

_9842.jpg

_9843.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
A tiny hint of rosy fire

_9844.jpg

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
So so charming! Beautiful pics. Ill bet you can't take your eyes off of your finger. Wear it in joy and health.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
periwinklegirl|1378909409|3518625 said:
Thank you!

I really don't feel the pics are doing it justice at all. But that's just how diamonds are. I'll have to try and shoot a video at some point. In the meantime I'm making up for it with endless stills.

Thanks for bearing with all my photos.

Oh I disagree, the pics are doing it justice - just knowing it is a diamond and not a ruby is enough to do it justice.
Rare ring and very beautiful. I love the green diamond color, I was thinking no when I assumed they would be grass green
but this color looks great and I don't like rings with different colors but this ring is the exception - the two colors just work
I feel.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
p.s. I love rubies too, not meaning anything against them, just the fact that a red diamond is rare in this size compared
to a ruby.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results