shape
carat
color
clarity

9.8 Bi-colored Sunstone - It's Finally Set!!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey Guys!

After much time, the sunstone is finally set! As you may remember, the stone is a 9.8 carat bi-colored sunstone cut by Jerry and facing up at 13.7mm x 10.9mm. I absolutely love the way that the golden and green flashes splaying out from the salmon core and more through the stone with the light. With as stone's depth (10mm), I am so very glad that I listened to all of you when you suggested setting it as a pendant. With as dynamic and large as the stone is, I went for a very simple, understated setting to let the stone shine. Having just recently picked it up, I adore its presence, and I adore wearing it even more!

I hope you guys like it, so without further adieu, on with the pics!

_15197.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Terrific, great choice for setting it! I especially like it against your black sweater -- the stone shows off like a peacock. The wonderful cut is easily seen too -- just super!

--- Laurie

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Stunning and sparkling! I need some shades to look at the pictures.

Looks especially pretty with your hair coloring...

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
kavnadoo|1393153342|3621055 said:
Looks lovely in YG and the simple setting suits perfectly.

Thank you Kavnadoo! With as much as the stone's colors change, deciding which metal to set it in was certainly up for debate. I tend to wear silver metals more often, but I'm so happy that folks here suggested yellow and to have ultimately gone with it. And, I'm glad you like the simplicity!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1393158808|3621065 said:
Terrific, great choice for setting it! I especially like it against your black sweater -- the stone shows off like a peacock. The wonderful cut is easily seen too -- just super!

--- Laurie

Laurie - thank you soooooooo very much - the stone is quite the chameleon, and I couldn't be more pleased that its cut and colors show well as a pendant. I really did want to set it as a ring, only so I could see it, but being able to wear it more often set as a pendant is so much better!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
txgreeneyes|1393165877|3621111 said:
Stunning and sparkling! I need some shades to look at the pictures.

Looks especially pretty with your hair coloring...

Txgreeneyes - I really appreciate the kind words. It was actually fairly hard to photograph with as much light as it reflects!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
looks great on you, too!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you Movie Zombie & Pregcurious!

I have a feeling I will be wearing it to pieces…with the setting as it is, I think it can go dress up or casual (I like to pick out only things that I can wear in a number of ways, so I can wear them often), and goodness knows I can't imagine ever having a stone larger than this baby!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple yet beautiful and suited to the size and colour. Love the flashiness of the sunstone.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful!! Simple, but still has a lovely presence. Very classy!

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
That is beautiful on you. I love the color and the yellow gold with your hair color.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Chrono & Petit Bijou,

I am so happy that that the both of you like the simplicity of the setting! I know there are far more ornate choices for pendants, but this particular design was the only thing that I could realistically 'see' the stone in, for lack of better words. My jeweler had other ideas, but I described exactly this, and that's what he made, so I'm thrilled. It can be a very flashy stone in some lighting or shift to that softer peach in others, so I'm glad that the setting and its metal choice work. Thank you both so much!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
sonomacounty|1393253771|3621858 said:
That is beautiful on you. I love the color and the yellow gold with your hair color.

Sonomacounty,

That is so very sweet of you to say and put an absolute smile on my face! It was quite a challenge to try to take photos of the stone while wearing it - thank you!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results