shape
carat
color
clarity

5 Colored Diamonds for Cheap!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So, I saw this amazing deal, but I have spent all my money (see Pearls :love: thread) so thought I'd mention it over here, in case anyone is looking.

5 Colored Diamonds for $850! I'm pretty sure I couldn't get the GIA certs for that price! He has some other parcels as well, but I love the GREEN =) one in this group.

http://www.selectgem.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=29_28&products_id=125

The vendor recently sold to one of our folks and she was very happy. See thread:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purchased-2-new-yellow-diamonds-from-jason-at-selectgem.148587/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purchased-2-new-yellow-diamonds-from-jason-at-selectgem.148587/[/URL]

So, if someone here buys these, remember you owe us PICTURES! :naughty:

I'm posting this in rocky talk, too.

If anybody "sees" Kenny anywhere, mention it to him. :D

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I looked closer and the certs are extra, but it still seems like a good deal to me.

Is it NOT a good deal? Am I missing something? :confused:

I don't know anything about FCD's, other than looking at the leibish sites, and I'm getting the feeling nobody is too excited about these.

Please explain . . .

Is there a vendor issue that I'm not aware of, or is there a colored diamond outlet with even cheaper prices somewhere?

I'm puzzled at the lack of enthusiasm. . .

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
They're pretty! I especially like the yellow pear. I know nothing about colored diamonds though.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe it's still early in the day? Without a cert, how do we know if the stones aren't treated? The other problem is that once certed, it'll add to the cost but still will bring a peace of mind to the buyer.

Sniven

Rough_Rock
To be honest out of the 5 the only ones I found somewhat interesting were the vivid orange-yellow pear and the greenish-yellow round until I noticed they were I2 Clarity. Cognacs in that size and clarity are pretty common, personally I wouldn't pay more than $1/point.

Also IMO their size is in that awkward area where they are a bit too small to be a center stone, yet too big to be accents.

Sniven

Rough_Rock
Leibish has some great diamonds and resources that make it very easy to find something very specific, but you do pay for that convenience. I wouldn't use them as the yard stick to measure how good of a deal you can get, IMO they are in the upper end.

If you are interested in some cheaper cognacs I would recommend ebay.

FYI I have never worked with Leibish before and only mentioned them because the OP did. My observations are only that.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jason is giving a good deal here, and I know where he gets his diamonds, but I can't say, but I would love to buy some from his vendor, who is very inexpensive. None of these colors are uber expensive like a fine pink or a blue. Let's just say, these are all very sizable stones, and would make a great cluster ring, or pendant. He also states:

GIA or EGL certs will be provided upon request at cost plus shipping. I personally wouldn't bother getting a report for that price, at least you know they are real diamonds, or any jeweler could tell you that.

I think it's a great deal, even if they were treated, it would still be a good deal as treated diamonds, HPHT, synthetic, or irradiated, aren't super cheap either.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I have a lot of stones from Jason and I have always been very happy dealing with him.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I have 4 diamonds from Jason. A .51 cushion cut has an EGL report that says it is a Fancy light yellow. I have another out to GIA, and has not come back yet. I purchased a .64 yellow pear and a small .38 pt cognac diamond. He is a pleasure to work with and answers all questions. You can take the stones to a jewelry store and ask them to test them with a diamond tester. Usually they do it happily. I am aiming for a particular project and so don't want too many different colors. These purchases have made me really happy.

I like dealing with Jason.
Annette

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jason is a good guy: if you don't like it you can send it back. ask him about his return policy......

MoZo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results