shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW 5.58 ct Blue Sapphire (Gemsthailand)

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1312894111|2987101 said:
Beautiful stone and thank you for all the close-ups on the report. It's not easy to get all the parameters lined up in a stone of this size, with the lack of treatment and a good price.

Thank you very much for the info! I am going to talk with the setting company today about the bezel option for this ring. One more thing that I worry about is that a bezel setting will detract from the "perceived" size of the stone. This is probably me just being picky.

No problem, I figured everyone would like to see how the stone graded and what the report looked like. I honestly was very impressed with how it graded. I personally felt like it was a good example of a sapphire, but nothing beats AGL confirming that for me. :)) I consider myself truly blessed, especially when I consider the price. I never dreamed I would be able to afford such a nice Sapphire.

This reminds me I still need to write my review for Gemsthailand. My work schedule has been crazy the past couple weeks. Sorry to anyone who is waiting/wanting to read that.

~Justin

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin

Please do me a favour ................ get some silver tin foil (the sort you cook with) and make a collar around the top edge of the sapphire and then put the sapphire between two fingers (like in photo 1 and 2 in your post of 05.01 on the 27 July above) and then see what this does to the stone in all lighting conditions. This very crudely replicates how a stone will look/react to bezel setting. A general rule of thumb is that a stone will darken a couple of notches. To avoid this, having an open basket underneath the stone will help but bezelling any stone has the potential to make it appear darker (and in some cases flatter).

Hope that helps (and thanks for the additional photos).

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Loving Diamonds- Great Idea!

I just tried this and it did darken the stone more that I am willing to allow. I think I will stick with a standard 4 prong mount.

Thanks!
~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE: I shipped my stone to the setting manufacture on 8.16.2011. I am told that it will be shipped back to me this coming Monday completely finished! I am so excited. I'll keep you updated!

~Justin

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Justin_Cutter|1314478391|3001970 said:
UPDATE: I shipped my stone to the setting manufacture on 8.16.2011. I am told that it will be shipped back to me this coming Monday completely finished! I am so excited. I'll keep you updated!

~Justin

You must be so excited :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
excellent, excellent stone!

can't wait to see the finished ring :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is beautiful, Justin! I look forward to seeing the finished ring!!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006 and rosetta- Thank you so much. I can't believe this long journey of building the ring is finally coming to a end. And now it will be all about the proposal! I can't wait to give her what I feel will be her dream ring. I have full confidence that she will love it. It is exactly her style.

bright ice- Yes I am so excited I can't stand it! I just want it to be here already!

~Justin

annee

Rough_Rock
Wow what a gorgeous stone, the color is tdf! Can't wait for the handshots.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Justin_Cutter|1314478391|3001970 said:

~Justin

Post hand shots!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Monday....

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1314630270|3004469 said:
It's Monday....

Yes!!! I am just waiting for the call from the manufacturer to let me know that the ring has been shipped out overnight via FedEx! Tomorrow I will have it. I am nervous and excited all at the same time! Hopefully I can post some pictures tomorrow as well! :)

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
It made it!!! The setting is beautiful and I am very happy with it! I will try my best to get pictures posted over the next couple days!

~Justin

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Justin_Cutter|1314784822|3006140 said:
It made it!!! The setting is beautiful and I am very happy with it! I will try my best to get pictures posted over the next couple days!

~Justin

Very nice, BUT WHERE ARE THE PICTURES....I need to find that emotioncon that says "this thread is worthless without pictures!" :tongue:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Justin_Cutter|1314784822|3006140 said:

~Justin

Yay! Pictures pictures pictures, please!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is Justin and the pictures......

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Ha ha! Pictures soon to come I promise! :bigsmile:

~Justin

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE!!!
Here are some quick teaser pictures. Please don't judge my photography skills based off of these. I took these early this morning in a room with nasty yellow lighting :blackeye: . Lighting is definitely less than Ideal for the Sapphire but it will give you some idea of its performance in terrible lighting. I can't wait to take pictures of it actually on her finger. My fingers are less than ideal to say the least lol! I will be adding more pictures later. These are just to make all my friends happy! ;)) Thanks for the support everyone this has been a very fun process!
~Justin

1_25.jpg 2_24.jpg 3_18.jpg 4_15.jpg 5_10.jpg 6_9.jpg 7_10.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring !! :love: :love: :love: :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring. Congratulations on a successful project come to completion!! :appl: :appl:

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Justin, I am very impressed! I've been following your journey to getting that perfect ring and I believe you have reached your goals! Do post more pictures! Very very beautiful! :appl:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow!! That is fantastic! She is going to be so freaking thrilled!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!! Stunning!!! Gorgeous!!!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Kate Middleton would be envious!

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone - beautiful ring - perfect combination - congratulations!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that ring is...perfection!!!! the proportions are incredible - she's going to love it!!!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much! I am blown away by your responses. I think it has been about 9 months now since I started the search for this sapphire and setting combo and now it is finished. I want to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for your comments and advice. Be sure to keep checking in as I will continue to add more pictures and update you on the progress of my proposal. :love:

Here is some detailed info on the ring for those who have not read the whole thread.

Sapphire
5.58Ct Cushion from Gemsthailand (Ebay Seller)
Measurements: 10.53 x 9.29 x 5.70 mm
Origin: Kanchanaburi,Thailand
Clarity: VVS2/LI2
Color: Medium Dark Blue
Overall Cut: Very Good
Cut Depth: 61.4%

Setting
Diamondringforever.com
Metal: 14k White Gold
Size: 6
Pave Stones: Round Diamonds
Weight: 2.00Ct Total
Clarity: VS
Color: G

~Justin

kt

Shiny_Rock
O.
m.
g.

unbelievably. freakin'. gorgeous.

Congrats and good luck with the proposal!!!!!! :appl:

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Lovey, Justin! What a regal and gorgeous ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results