shape
carat
color
clarity

3 ct ruby with white inclusion

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!

When I was scam by an Ebay seller about a ruby and diamond ring, I told my adventure on another jewelry forum.

A very nice lady gave me a 3 ct loose ruby. She tell me the stone was far from perfect and have a white inclusion (line).

When I received the stone I clearly saw the inclusion with naked eyes but I admit I love it anyway.

My question is: If it was you, would you be willing to wear a ruby like this or just keep it as souvenir?

I think the ruby is "commercial" grade.

Your opinion please?

ruby.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you've answered your question because you say "I love it anyway". So what anybody else thinks shouldn't matter! :bigsmile:

An inclusion wouldn't bother me if I loved the stone. However, to accept the imperfections, everything else would have to be perfect (for me), so in this instance the Ruby would have to be red red red!

Astra

Rough_Rock
I also have some included stones and really don't care cause they make stones look more "natural" to me :)) . But hey, don't listen to me, I'm very "strange" lady, I would wear every single stone, from F to I3 :bigsmile: .

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It wouldn't bother me as long as I love it. I have a 6ct oval native cut peridot with several black dots/ inclusion- oh yes and did I mention the color is olive green? it is not for everyone but for some reason I love it. I plan to have JKT set it in a katie ring. So if you love it- then set it! :appl:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty--I'd wear it!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I kind of like the inclusion -- makes the stone interesting. If you love it, wear it!!

--- Laurie

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I love inclusions. My favorite is a black inclusion in an otherwise clear green emerald. If someone else thinks otherwise, great. I have to say, I love this forum because so many people "Get it". We don't judge things in the same manner as a lot of diamond 'experts' do.
I would set that stone, if you love it, and wear it in good health.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember reading about your story since I lurk on that one forum. I'm really sorry for what happened to you, a lot of people talk about that one story of yours. It was everyone's worst ebay nightmare where you buy an expensive item and the seller runs off with your money. :blackeye:

What a sweet gesture of that lady to give you that stone. If you love it, then set it. I don't think the white inclusion would cause an issue for a setter as long as they knew what they were doing.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
It is a great souvenir, but why not wear it in remembrance.

The "flaw" looks like it is pointing deep into the heart of the stone...just like the deep heart of the person who gave it to you.

How about a pendant? If someone notices, you can tell them the story about your special ruby?

:D

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think it is lovely. Very clean for a ruby even with that inclusion. It looks like it was stabbed by a piece of calcite in a turf war over some aluminum oxide rich hydrothermal turf (like what form rubies) and the ruby won, but carries that remembrance. THREE carats with an inclusion that shows it is not sin-thetic. Yes I would wear it. More importantly it is a fantastic gift. It is an artifact of a wonderfully good person's effort and care to balance out a horrible act. That makes it a museum piece. Such things need to be seen.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Yes! The lady who gave me this stone is adorable. She sent it to me in Canada from USA and I will never forget its kindness.

I think I'm gonna ask DH to bought me a beautiful setting for this stone.

Many thanks to all of you cause you confirm you have big hearts and think this stone deserve to be wore.

I'm happy.... :appl: :appl:

Hey Lady.... I know you often come here. Just want to tell I love you and love your beautiful gift too... :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
What a great story! The stone has a unique history and it should be worn with pride.

I've always believed rubies are good luck. I think they have a certain "life" and power to them, that a lot of other stones don't have. This is obviously a stone that is lucky for you and lucky for the giver as well. :saint:

So, you kind of have to wear it now, don't you? :D

Besides, it's just pretty! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is totally a personal preference; it may not be a fine quality ruby but it was gifted with a very kind intention. With a skilled setter, it shouldn’t be an issue to get it set.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First of all - it was a nice thing on behalf of the person who sent it, commercial grade or not.

She cared about you, it was a gift of a nice person, and rubies are "lucky" stones. It will make a "lucky" ring.

Then, the price of rubies goes up exponentially, so what is considered "commercial" now may cost 10 times in much in 10 years (well, maybe in 20 but still...)

I'd make it into a ring and wear it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results