shape
carat
color
clarity

3.80 ct Brazilian rubellite tgt

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous and big! Too big for a ring for me, so it will be a pendant one day. Brad's pics were very accurate!

20150507_142117.jpg

2015-05-07_14.jpg

20150507_142049.jpg

20150507_140147.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a nice chunk of rubellite - it looks quite hefty! Good to know you found his photos accurate.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting pics, I was looking forward to them! It looks great.

This is the vendor shot for those who are curious.

_63.gif

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How pretty :love: :love:
Looking forward to see it set. I am so glad you love it in real life. Great choice!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to see the pendant once it is set, as it will be lovely!

DK :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that color, in fact it is my second favorite gemstone color. Can't wait to see the pendant. But I must ask "Are you sure it is too big for a ring?"

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is actually seeming too big for me in general. I don't think I can pull this off because it is so big and blingy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not too big for me. :naughty: Plop it into a "plain" solitaire setting but make it more interesting with tab prongs instead of the usual ones, engraving or some fancy yet subtle additions.

S

SparkliesLuver

So, so, so gorgeous! :love: I really love it. And it's great that Brad's pictures were so accurate.

It's not too big for me either, Chrono. ;-) I think the trick is staying simple, if you keep it.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take a page from Acinom's book (easy to do!) and have a simple setting made for it with engraving, like she did for her latest cuprian stone. Simple and elegant. You'd have to be ready for lots of attention. :))

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the ideas. I actually don't like attention when it comes to jewelry and I shy away from it. I love it as a mineral specimen but it is too attention grabbing for me to set it. I didn't think it would b so big and will use a ruler next time to be sure!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotcha! Then your rubellite, by virtue of its size and intensely bright color as a ring would likely attract just a liiiiiiiiitle too much attention for you, I imagine. ;))

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't worn my Rubellites for years and seeing that lovely stone has made me want to get them out again!

It's definitely NOT too big for a ring - hey you only live once!

S

SparkliesLuver

I loved this stone so I wanted to check-in and see if it has indeed become a pendant. :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1431052718|3873784 said:
It is actually seeming too big for me in general. I don't think I can pull this off because it is so big and blingy.

Can't believe it but I totally missed this thread somehow!! This is a beautiful gem!!

And I completely understand what you mean about preferring smaller gems for rings, etc - you know I'm exactly the same way. I know your preferences fairly well by now (we've been friends for awhile :). I think you're right, it probably is bigger than you would feel comfortable with setting in a ring. But I could definitely see you doing a pendant and (hopefully) loving it.

Please do update us when you set it :)

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You guys are so sweet! It was a beautiful stone but not a good fit for me and I ended up returning it.

S

SparkliesLuver

I'm sorry to hear it didn't work out. I do believe stones have to speak to you. :)

Admittedly, I contacted Brad and asked if he still had it since your return. This is a stone that spoke to me since that drop, so I can't wait to receive it. As weird or awkward as it is to say, thank you for the opportunity. :oops:

ilovegemstones

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yay! I am so happy for you SparkliesLuver! So eager to see what you do with it! Please post when you get it! :)

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ilovegemstones. :) I'm sure it'll go in a ring but as for the design I have no idea yet. I will!

S

SparkliesLuver

Received the stone and I love it! I'm keeping it. :D I only have a few minutes before a meeting, so I took a quick picture in the office. Sorry for the awful lighting. I can't wait to see it outside! Oh, and I'm going to send it to Jerry to get his thoughts on a tweak of the pavilion (or re-cut or whatever he suggests) to hopefully eliminate or close the window. So, more to come later! :dance:

ETA: Added a new, close-up picture of the stone as no one cares about seeing my hands. :lol:

img_1153.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1440178558|3917275 said:
Received the stone and I love it! I'm keeping it. :D I only have a few minutes before a meeting, so I took a quick picture in the office. Sorry for the awful lighting. I can't wait to see it outside! Oh, and I'm going to send it to Jerry to get his thoughts on a tweak of the pavilion (or re-cut or whatever he suggests) to hopefully eliminate or close the window. So, more to come later! :dance:

ETA: Added a new, close-up picture of the stone as no one cares about seeing my hands. :lol:

Oooh! This is gorgeous Sparklies :wavey: So glad the stone has found a new good home as the OP was not thrilled with it. Do you have some setting ideas?

Please post more pics. The color of this stone is fabulous.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I converted a Rubellite ring into a pendant when I was younger, now I want to reverse the process. It'll make a gorgeous ring for you.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Acinom. I definitely love the color, even more than I thought I would. And the shape is pretty! I don't have any setting ideas quite yet but something tells me it might involve tab or single claw prongs. ;-)

That sounds like a fun project, lovinggems! Do you have any pictures of the before and after? Thank you. :)

_33490.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Sparklie it's a pendant now and I want to change it back into a ring, it had a plain round shank before.

_33491.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1440241284|3917651 said:
Sparklie it's a pendant now and I want to change it back into a ring, it had a plain round shank before.
That's gorgeous Lovinggems :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results