carat
color
clarity

3.80 ct Brazilian rubellite tgt

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1441028133|3921558 said:
It arrived! :D This was definitely the right decision. :love: It has a lot more life within now. It's hard to tell from these pictures - sorry for the awful office lighting - but I'll take more this afternoon in direct and indirect sunlight so you guys can see.

I am IN LOVE! It looks so lively with the recut! I agree you definitely made the right choice! Do you have setting plans yet?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh!!! What a gorgeous stone! Great choice to have it recut since it looks better to your eyes without eating away the face up dimensions :appl:
Thanks in advance for posting more pics

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ilovegemstones. I can't say it enough. :)

haha Thanks, lovedogs. :D Admittedly, I am too! Yay, I'm glad you think I did as well. I wouldn't say I have setting plans as of yet, but I am envisioning single claw prongs. I have yet to decide if I want to go a more "simple" route or dress it up a bit. Time will tell the more I see the stone and get a feeling for it.

Thank you, Acinom. :) It really does look better, even in this awful lighting. Can't wait to see it outside here in a few hours. Sure thing!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Wow, great outcome with the recut!! I liked it before, but it's definitely even better now. Job well done!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, katharath - I feel the exact same way! :)

Unfortunately these photos don't capture what I was seeing, and I wish I could have captured it because the stone is beautiful. It really is. Maybe my next attempt will be better!

img_9125.jpg

img_9132.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Sparklie the centre is looking livelier. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

Glad you can see it too, Lovinggems! :D Yes, the stone has all the right angles now so it has a lot more life.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklie the gem turned out wonderful. Color! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, Lisa. :) That's kind of you to say!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparklies: would love to see a group pic of your Afghan tourmaline and 'little blue eyed boy' ring and your beautiful new addition :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

Acinom said:
Sparklies: would love to see a group pic of your Afghan tourmaline and 'little blue eyed boy' ring and your beautiful new addition :naughty:

hahaha I think I'll wait until I get my paraiba back for a group photo. Something tells me that'll make things a little more complete. ;-)

S

SparkliesLuver

The stone has spoken! :D I've found some setting inspiration pictures, although a final design won't be decided until mid-to-late 2016. But I thought I'd post these in case anyone is curious or maybe they might inspire someone else with their project.

1354062175_30_1_5099__2_of_6_.jpg

cathy_waterman_side_0.jpg

cathy-waterman-engagement-rings.jpg

waterman_platinum.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh! Amazing inspiration rings :love: :love: :love:
I especially love the 2nd and 3rd design.

S

SparkliesLuver

Glad you like them too, Acinom. hehe Those are my favorites too. :)

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
I love your setting ideas! Especially the first 2. I have those same 2 Pics in my Pinterest board. Congrats on the recut!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Sungura! hahaha Really? Too funny. :) I love browsing Lang's website.

Glad you think so, Elle! :D

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 pic makes me swoon. So happy you are choosing a vintage style setting. :appl:

S

SparkliesLuver

haha I have every possible view of that ring in my folder, Lisa. ;-) Thank you. With the jewel tone and cut of this stone, I get a strong vintage feeling. It'll be fun designing this one!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, great minds and all as I have a few of those saved for inspiration as well! I especially love the delicacy of the leaves on the profile of the second. :love:

Another one of your projects I will so look forward to as it unfolds.

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful recut! :love: I like setting inspiration pic #2 and #3, but whatever you choose I am sure will be amazing!!! Can't wait to see the final results next year.

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Sparklies, what a great idea to get the stone recut! It looks awesome! Until I came to PS, I never would have thought to do that. As for settings, I LOVE the first one. I saved that for inspiration for a future project I have in mind :) Excited for you!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Loving your inspiration photos. Yes I agree a group shot of your wonderful collection would be amazing. :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

Do you, minous? haha Too funny. But yes, great minds think alike. ;-) I'm a big tree/nature person, so I'm with you on the delicacy of the leaves on the second picture. Aw, thank you. :)

Thank you, lovesvintage! I'm so happy people can see the difference despite my crummy pictures.

You and me both, arabella. Plus, I didn't have someone I trusted enough, either! Now I do, all thanks to this community. I'm glad you like #1 as well! I'll start a new thread once I'm about to start the process.

Thanks, Lovinggems. :) I'll be sure to take one when I get my paraiba back!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of your Paraiba, when DO you get it back anyway? It seems like its been too long away from Mommy.

S

SparkliesLuver

haha Your guess is as good as mine, minous. I've tried really hard not to bug him, so I haven't asked. My hope is that it's done within the next couple weeks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results