carat
color
clarity

3.80 ct Brazilian rubellite tgt

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1440240265|3917645 said:
Thank you, Acinom. I definitely love the color, even more than I thought I would. And the shape is pretty! I don't have any setting ideas quite yet but something tells me it might involve tab or single claw prongs. ;-)

That sounds like a fun project, lovinggems! Do you have any pictures of the before and after? Thank you. :)

So glad you are thrilled with it! It's such an amazing stone. It will look great in a ring.

S

SparkliesLuver

Ah, I follow now. Sorry, I haven't had my morning coffee yet. ha That's gorgeous!!! :love: I can see why you'd want it back in a ring. Can't wait until you start that project, because I'd love to see tons more pictures.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Acinom and Sparklie. I kept on putting off the conversion thinking my finger size would increase, in fact it had decreased, I should just get on with it and resize if needed.
Sparklie I love the colour and shape of your stone, I see french cuts, 3 stones or an emerald cut halo you posted previously.

S

SparkliesLuver

That stone is too pretty to just sit. :) But I understand circumstances happen! Thank you again. :) Oh, the inspiration settings? Yeah, I really liked several of those. Might think about turning this one on its side. We'll see! It'll be sometime next year so I have plenty of time.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Very glad you love it! Eager to see pics of it set!

S

SparkliesLuver

Sent the stone to Jerry for his thoughts. He said it's bulky up under the girdle and too shallow at the culet, so it would indeed benefit from a recut. He said to keep the step cut design but just do them at the right angles. I gave him the green light! He said he should be able to do it within a few days. Super excited to see it! :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh, how exciting to have a recut done. Looking forward to see the results. Jerry works fast apparantly?

S

SparkliesLuver

Me too, Acinom! I'd say he works quickly, especially since he usually has a lot going on.

S

SparkliesLuver

Wow! It's done. He said it lost 10% and now weighs 3.43 ct. However, he only redid most of the pavilion, so face-up is the same. :D I should get it early next week.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkliesLuver|1440702574|3919986 said:
Wow! It's done. He said it lost 10% and now weighs 3.43 ct. However, he only redid most of the pavilion, so face-up is the same. :D I should get it early next week.

Wow indeed!!! :appl:
Did he send you any pictures?

S

SparkliesLuver

He said he took some bad, quick ones but since he was going away this weekend I told him not to even worry about sending them. I know he's super busy, plus he sent the stone out yesterday. I should have it on Monday! :D I'd kinda rather just wait and be surprised anyway, especially since it's only a couple days away.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How exciting! I love the color, and just can't wait to see how even more beautiful this gem has become.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thanks, Lisa. :) I'm excited too! I really liked the stone before, so I can only imagine what I'll think when I see it this time.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I can't believe it was re-cut so fast. I'll be waiting impatiently to see the new pictures. :naughty:

S

SparkliesLuver

I know; same here, elle! :) Talk about a pleasant surprise. Apparently the timing worked out perfectly on this one. hehe I'll be sure to post some when I get it!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SL: I admire your courage in taking the risk to recut and the speed with which you acted. I am definitely one who is really looking forward to Monday. But out of curiosity, since it was a pretty decent looking stone to begin with, what tipped you towards the recut?

arabella

Shiny_Rock
Oh I can't wait to see the pictures!! I am eagerly awaiting them as well!

S

SparkliesLuver

You're right, minous, it was a pretty decent stone to begin with. However, when I first saw it, I wondered about the dead spot in the middle. The depth was pretty close to ideal so I knew there might be a chance. I sent it to Jerry without being 100% full speed ahead but rather after his professional opinion. Would it lose face-up size? Would it darken? I wanted his thoughts first before I fully committed one way or the other, but I did have a gut instinct on wanting to try to make it better. I did tell myself that I'd still keep it and love it if Jerry said it wasn't a good candidate, so it's not that I disliked it at all ever.

Thank you, arabella. :) It's neat to have everyone so excited!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome, Sparklies! I think I should send you all my stones and with your sharp eye, you can decide which should be recut. It sounds like you have a knack. :))

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, minous. :) hahaha I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I bet there are many others here with much better eyes!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am eager to see it too! It will be gorgeous!

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, ilovegemstones. I'm definitely excited for you to see it too, of all people. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see photos of the recut stone.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also eagerly awaiting photos of the recut! What a beautiful stone.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cannot wait to see!

S

SparkliesLuver

Aw, thank you, Lovinggems, HotPozzum, and Niel. :) I'm pretty anxious to see it too. Jerry said it should have arrived this weekend - and I already gave the mail guys a heads up - so hoooooooopefully I see it today. Fingers crossed!

S

SparkliesLuver

It arrived! :D This was definitely the right decision. :love: It has a lot more life within now. It's hard to tell from these pictures - sorry for the awful office lighting - but I'll take more this afternoon in direct and indirect sunlight so you guys can see.

_33813.jpg

_33814.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like minimal tweaking with lots of improvement. Congrats on the doubly new stone. :bigsmile:

S

SparkliesLuver

Chrono said:
Looks like minimal tweaking with lots of improvement. Congrats on the doubly new stone. :bigsmile:

Couldn't have said it better, Chrono. haha Thank you! :) For anyone wondering, here are the dimensions before and after:

9.3 x 8.7 x 5.95mm
9.3 x 8.7 x 5.83mm
Oh, and 3.80ct to 3.43ct.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you sparklies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results