shape
carat
color
clarity

3.17 Gray-Green Three-Stone Reset by Daniel M.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
royalstarrynight|1360400467|3375926 said:
pewrrt! more pics please!

Follow the link in Plat's top post - you'll get to see loads more piccies!

Plat - I can't believe this ring. It's a masterpiece! I honestly would NEVER have put the colours together. Grey/green with orangey/red with rose gold and platinum? That sounds like an explosion in a colour factory BUT when it's together it really does work! What a fantastic job! :love:

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
LD|1360408128|3375947 said:
royalstarrynight|1360400467|3375926 said:
pewrrt! more pics please!

Follow the link in Plat's top post - you'll get to see loads more piccies!

Plat - I can't believe this ring. It's a masterpiece! I honestly would NEVER have put the colours together. Grey/green with orangey/red with rose gold and platinum? That sounds like an explosion in a colour factory BUT when it's together it really does work! What a fantastic job! :love:

Hi LD!! Long time no see! :wavey:

Awww, thank you so much for the kind words about this ring, I'm so glad you like it! I was super nervous about how it would all work. Like you said, the combination of gray-green, RG and orangy-red sapphires could end up a disaster and clash. Or *GASP* look Christmassy. lol

One could even say red and green together, with RG, is an acquired taste. And I know how you feel about RG! :tongue: But Dan pulled off the design, and I'm just happy that it all worked out! One thing I learned about enhancing desirable colors in stones is contrast and playing with metal combos/complementary sidestones. If done right, it can work! But it can be risky.

RSN,

Thank you! :D

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally caught me by surprise as I would never have dreamed up such a colour combination. It works well for your ring though.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
Oops...glad both you and LD were able to translate my mangled pretty!

The other thread is absolutely yummy! Love how the lines flow, Danielm did a great job!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Chrono,

It's great to see you, it's been ages!! How have you been? I know, the design caught me by surprise too, I wasn't sure if I could pull it off without the risk of everything clashing. But I had to go with my gut and find the best way to enhance the green color of the diamond. Dan did a fabulous job with this one!

Any new probjects lately??

TGE,

Thank you so much!! :))

RSN,

Hehe no worries, I knew what you meant. :bigsmile: Thanks again for the kind words and for checking out the other thread. I'm so glad you like it! I agree, Dan definitely pulled this design off! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Email me some time please. I've been emailing and tried to FB you but didn't get a response. :(sad I'm so happy that the ring turned out so well. It gets dicey when it is something never seen or done before.

New projects? Definitely. I plan set my green garnet in a newish platinum WF split shank halo setting, reset my AVC diamond into a 18k yellow gold setting flanked by 2 cushion red spinel, and reset my new EC diamond into something a touch fancier. I'm also in the process of getting a new gem. Hush hush on this one for now.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ok I will agree that I'm also surprized by this color combo. While it wouldn't be my first choice (a little to modern for my art deco soul ;)) ) they work really well together. I really love how the sides make the olive center pop. :appl: This ring actually reminds me of a Michael Godard painting with the olives. :appl: :appl: Wonderful!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Unique! Can't believe that the huge sucker in the middle is a diamond! Is it sparkly and awesome? 8)

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I stopped using Facebook for over a year so that may be why you never got a response from me. Sorry about that. :(sad But I still use my personal yahoo email account, so I would have responded if you contacted me. Anyway, its great to hear from you. Do you still use the same email address? If so, I will be contacting you soon so we can catch up. Wow, you have so many projects in the works! Have you finished any of them? I'd love to see the thread with pics!

I'm also happy that the ring turned out well! It could have been a color disaster under the wrong hands! lol

Sarah, thank you! No worries, I appreciate vintage style as well and I love antique cuts but for Olive, this design called out to her and I think it fits her personality. I've never heard of Michael Godard so I looked up "Michael Godard + olives" and I got a kick out of his paintings! lol Little green olives with hands and feet, running amok inside martini glasses. But I see what you are talking about when it comes to the red/green contrast. What a nice compliment! :razz:

Minous, yes, she definitely is unique. lol Sometimes I can't believe she's a diamond either, with how her hues change depending on the lighting and angle. She is definitely sparkly, especially in the sun and under the shade, throwing off lots of fire and colors. :D

Kilda, thank you so much for the kind words! I'm honored and humbled that you think it's a work of art. :)) Olive definitely marches to the beat of her own sparkly drum, and she deserved a design that truly lets her shine.

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely blummin' stunning! That colour combo is so inspired. What a showstopper! :D

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE it! That color combo is awesome and dramatic -- Just *different* (in a good way, o'course!). :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results