carat
color
clarity

2.4 ct portuguese round cut sapphire

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Very nice Spinel TL... Also your sapphire was yummy too :love:

Have you had a chance to SW ultraviolet light the spinel yet? I bet it has an awesome fluorescence... Like a neon pad color... Do you have a location on the spinel ? Looks like Burma from the pic but hard to tell unless you have it in hand and also the inclusions you spoke of are indicative to some locations so if you did not get a location that could lead you in a direction along with fluorescence, color, etc..

Good cut too; I love how spinel disperses light; I have also noticed having cut over 300 spinels from about everywhere they come from the Burma material seems to have a higher dispersion than Tanzania and Sri Lanka; the Tajikistan is close to the Burma stuff. They are like well cut zircons; the cut really does make a difference in some gems... If it had a low crown the dispersion would not be as intense.

I know :o but sometimes the cut is worth the extra pennies ...LOL You are a Lady after my heart as I too am a bargain shopper for quality also :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mastercutgems|1325785790|3095777 said:
Very nice Spinel TL... Also your sapphire was yummy too :love:

Have you had a chance to SW ultraviolet light the spinel yet? I bet it has an awesome fluorescence... Like a neon pad color... Do you have a location on the spinel ? Looks like Burma from the pic but hard to tell unless you have it in hand and also the inclusions you spoke of are indicative to some locations so if you did not get a location that could lead you in a direction along with fluorescence, color, etc..

Good cut too; I love how spinel disperses light; I have also noticed having cut over 300 spinels from about everywhere they come from the Burma material seems to have a higher dispersion than Tanzania and Sri Lanka; the Tajikistan is close to the Burma stuff. They are like well cut zircons; the cut really does make a difference in some gems... If it had a low crown the dispersion would not be as intense.

I know :o but sometimes the cut is worth the extra pennies ...LOL You are a Lady after my heart as I too am a bargain shopper for quality also :)

Most respectfully;

Dana

Hi Dana,
Thank you, and thanks for the questions. It does not have fluorescence in sunlight at all, so I didn't bother checking it with a UV light. It is not Tanzanian, but Sri Lankan, although you took the words out of my mouth, that I think it looks most like Tajikistan material. It is a pale pink, not a hot pink like the neon Mahenge material, but that's okay, as I think the cutting is out of this world. I have found that more of the hot pink stones fluoresce, rather than the pale pinks.

I agree that cutting is worth the extra price. I guess I just like the thrill of the hunt in finding good deals.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL

After you said what you said yesterday I did contact AGL again about their prices on origin report because what you were saying really didn't match up to what was on their website. Per Maria Francis, an Origin Report is 180 dollars. The Grading Report which includes origin ID and enhancement is 240.

Also, if you have a prior report with them, they will credit the difference to the new one, you just have to send the other report in with it. Since this was done quite recently, that makes me happy.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian|1325791778|3095865 said:
TL

After you said what you said yesterday I did contact AGL again about their prices on origin report because what you were saying really didn't match up to what was on their website. Per Maria Francis, an Origin Report is 180 dollars. The Grading Report which includes origin ID and enhancement is 240.

Also, if you have a prior report with them, they will credit the difference to the new one, you just have to send the other report in with it. Since this was done quite recently, that makes me happy.

-A

Awesome, :appl: thanks for the update Arcadian, and yes, I failed to mention that they will credit the difference of prior reports, which is really nice. Good luck on the report! :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stone arrived yesterday from AGL, so I took more shots. These were taken in very cloudy overcast weather, but I have some far away hand shots so you can get some perspective. It's my favorite periwinkle blue color. The shots on the prior page were taken in sunlight. I wish it was sunny because it gets the most amazing glow in the shade in direct sunlight. It's a very bright stone. It was hard to focus because there's so much sparkle.

AGLgembriefroundsapphire.jpg

TLroundsapphiresparkle1.jpg

TLroundsapphiresparkle3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more with less sparkle to get an idea of the facet work.

TLroundsapphiresparkle2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, you really snagged a good one (again, as usual :bigsmile: ), TL. It's lovely!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Again, completely mesmerizing!! How are you planning on mounting it?

N/M. I just reread your first post. I guess the beauty of that stone just entranced me, and I couldn't focus on anything else. :love:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, Thanks, I also love the spread of it. It's a nice size for a sapphire (for me anyways).

Uppy, thank you, I am going to see if my jeweler can put it in this 18K yellow gold and diamond setting I currently have. There's a stone in there now, but I want a change of pace. This setting has amazing quality and large melee.
file.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, gorgeous stone, and it is going to be a real showstopper in that setting! :appl:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aoife|1326398080|3101420 said:
Gorgeous, gorgeous stone, and it is going to be a real showstopper in that setting! :appl:

Thanks Aofie,
The setting was custom made for an 8.3 mm stone, and the sapphire is 8mm pretty much on the dot, so I hope it fits in there. It might sit a little low, and I'm not sure how good that will look. The good thing is that it is a light stone, so the halo won't darken the color where it will be extinct as a result. I have to see what my jeweler says. I also have a white gold ring that it would fit, but I'm not a white gold person.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL, that's the color of my dream sapphire. Perfect. Great find! Congratulations :))

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
mariedtiger|1327001179|3106793 said:
TL, that's the color of my dream sapphire. Perfect. Great find! Congratulations :))

What she said :bigsmile: Fabulous stone TL.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Such a happy color, one of my favorite types of blue... with that hint of violet, congrats!

1001smiles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
mariedtiger|1327001179|3106793 said:

I agree, that's my perfect color too. I started looking at sapphires a little while back and most of them are way too dark. This looks perfect to me. Well done, as always!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MT - Thank you!! Where have you been? Any new projects in the works???

Starzin - Thank you!!

SleepySpinel - Thank you!! Long time, no hear, my friend.

1001Smiles - Thank you!!

waitforthat

Rough_Rock
I don't have much to add beyond what everyone else has said - what a gorgeous color! Really just breathtaking, I can only image in person :)

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL - slow as a snail and caught up in the real world, trying to keep the gem habit down and tame. But, failing :naughty: I have a little something in the works :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results