shape
carat
color
clarity

11.55 carat Pink-Red Imperial Topaz (Gubelin)

Rubeum

Rough_Rock
Always for the "look but do not touch" :bigsmile: . Also because the gem seems to have been sold more than a year ago. Watching the video of AJSgem I came across this magnificent imperial topaz. I did not know they could take almost pure red shades... in this case is a 11.55 carat Pink-Red natural Imperial Topaz from Minas Gerais (Brazil).
P.S. since I'm new here. Let me know if this kind of topics are outside the scope of the forum, I found interesting to share rarity difficult to see in the market. =)

The HD video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bWrqGXFPtY

red-imperial-topaz-big.jpg

imperial-topaz-11.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The topaz is so beautiful that it is so wrong to exist as such. :bigsmile:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! :love:

Thanks for sharing!!!

DK :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its interesting that the Gubelin report does not mention treatment - unless its what's written in that tiny print that I can't read.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minou,
It says natural topaz, which per their website explanation, means that the topaz is untreated.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1384533843|3557067 said:
Minou,
It says natural topaz, which per their website explanation, means that the topaz is untreated.

Nice. That's the first time I've seen a lab not include it on the actual report itself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minou,
I'm a little confused by your "not include it in the lab report" comment. The lab report stated it as "natural topaz". Granted the print is really small in the attachment. :))

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I mean is that typically one sees a category called "Treatment."

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1384536252|3557095 said:
What I mean is that typically one sees a category called "Treatment."

I get you now. :wavey: In the very small print at the bottom of the report, it says important notes and limitations on the reverse. I wonder whether the explanation is listed there since Gubelin just updated the look of their reports. Their website states that "natural" means untreated so I hope they don't expect everyone to go to their website to get more clarification on what Gubelin means by "natural".

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That breaks my heart! (That it isn't mine.) Not outside the scope of this forum -- we LOVE seeing beauties like that!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Post away! We love this stuff.

Of course, I'd love it more if it was mine :Up_to_something: , but what can you do?

This is very educational too, I never realized this color could be achieved in topaz. :love: :cheeky:

Do you think this stone was mined in Brazil?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results