shape
carat
color
clarity

1.18 Lavender-Blue Luc Yen Spinel

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
This is a Luc Yen spinel from Brad at The Gem Trader. It's 1.18 ct.
I waiting to hear from Brad before I send it back, but I wanted to show you guys before I do. It's really a beautiful stone.

I love this spinel. My SO and I bought it to see it in person for a possible solitaire engagement ring, but I know deep down it's not "the one."
I ultimately want more blue in my engagement stone.
I am bummed to have to send it back but I can't keep it because we simply don't have the extra funds.

lucyen4.jpg
lucyen2.jpg
lucyen1.jpg

luceyen3.jpg
Direct sunlight.

Inside, under artificial light, it turns a violet-magenta color... I will try to get a picture tonight. It actually startled me the first time I saw it do that. Haha.

Thanks for looking. :wavey:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry you are returning it too; it looks stunning. These Luc Yens seem to be shifters so you'll see it go from lavender blue to pinkish violet.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry you have to send it back - it looks to me, to be a PERFECT colour for what I'd gravitate towards and I do love that shape of a pear!!

I hope you find exactly what you are hoping to find - good luck! (boy, that's a gorgeous stone tho!)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its the color i'd want, too.........and it looks great with your stackers! but its "not the one", well, its not the one. sigh.

ChrisA222

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love it!

I just want to add that my Luc Yen does not shift...it is always a bright blue. Most do shift...just not ALL :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chris,
There seem to be 2 different flavours, one is a shifter whilst another doesn't.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
ChrisA222|1369675830|3454523 said:
I love it!

I just want to add that my Luc Yen does not shift...it is always a bright blue. Most do shift...just not ALL :)

Christ, i've admired both of your Luc Yen spinels ever since you posted them.
I would consider even a little 2mm cabochon with the blue like yours to be a holy grail stone.
If it's a possibility to get my hands on one please let me know. :twirl:

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
The spinel is stunning, and I'd love to see a picture of the color shift if you can catch it!

OT, but I also love that ruby cabachon eternity. I've seen it before, but I love it enough that I wanted to comment on it again! I actually did a google search after the first time I saw it, hoping against hope for something similar (though with different stones than rubies for my coloring), but no luck. Wonderful find, you have fabulous taste and I can't wait to see what you and your fiance come up with for your engagement ring!

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Agneau|1369694260|3454687 said:
ChrisA222|1369675830|3454523 said:
I love it!

Christ, i've admired both of your Luc Yen spinels ever since you posted them.
I would consider even a little 2mm cabochon with the blue like yours to be a holy grail stone.
If it's a possibility to get my hands on one please let me know. :twirl:

Ps. I meant Chris. Not Christ... autocorrect, sorry.

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
Okay so camera phone pic of it indoors at night.
It's pretty close but it's a little more towards the magenta IRL (basically take away all the blue and add a little pink).

2013-05-27_21.jpg

Agneau

Shiny_Rock
chloeishere|1369702969|3454757 said:
The spinel is stunning, and I'd love to see a picture of the color shift if you can catch it!

OT, but I also love that ruby cabachon eternity. I've seen it before, but I love it enough that I wanted to comment on it again! I actually did a google search after the first time I saw it, hoping against hope for something similar (though with different stones than rubies for my coloring), but no luck. Wonderful find, you have fabulous taste and I can't wait to see what you and your fiance come up with for your engagement ring!

Okay Chloe, I hope you read this. I have been on a serious hunt to find where the ring came from since I bought it. The shop I bought it from told me it was someone in California.

After persistence, I present you with this:
http://www.diviene.com/103157sap-wg-sapphire-diamond-stackable-ring-14k-gold.html

They are based in California and supposedly all of their jewelry is USA made. I am not 100% it's from them but I really think it could be. The design they have is just a little different around the diamonds (mine are held in with only 4 prongs). But my ring is older.
My ring also came with a bar like theirs, but it was taken out when it was sized.

If you buy from them, make sure to e-mail them about possible treatments (they were quick to respond to my questions).

chloeishere

Shiny_Rock
Oh w o w thank you! I'm so impressed that you found it!

I will definitely have to check about treatments before I order (and see if they've got selections within selections-- I love the opal, but I'd want something a lot nicer than their stock options), but that's probably at least a year away because we just bought a house and I don't have discretionary spending budget that is able to cover jewelry right now. :p

Thank you so much though! :D

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color is gorgeous! I am glad you have a firm idea of what you want for your e-ring. I am sure someone else will snatch that one up so I wouldn't worry about returning it. Good luck on your hunt for your e-ring stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results