shape
carat
color
clarity

Your centerpieces

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
I''m interested in hearing about everyone''s centerpieces - can you describe them, and/or post pictures? What did you pay, roughly, and for how many tables? Did you DIY or hire someone?

Thanks!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We did gingerbread houses surrounded by ornaments and candles. I think we had 11 or 12 tables and I''m not sure how much they cost. DH wanted to make them himself, but I thought he was crazy and fortunately my mother agreed so we just ordered them from a bakery.

plcenterpieces330.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Our Centerpieces

Sorry I couldn''t post a picture for you. They were $20 for all three, and we have enough for 14 tables plus some extras.

I looked for weeks and weeks, had an idea of what I wanted, stumbled into bed, bath and beyond, found these, and thought they would be perfect. We were looking for something that was simple and elegant, that could make a statement on its own. I like these too because of the added element of differing heights. We plan to put just a white candle in them. They are really really pretty in real life!

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 10:07:38 AM
Author: girlface
Our Centerpieces

Sorry I couldn''t post a picture for you. They were $20 for all three, and we have enough for 14 tables plus some extras.

I looked for weeks and weeks, had an idea of what I wanted, stumbled into bed, bath and beyond, found these, and thought they would be perfect. We were looking for something that was simple and elegant, that could make a statement on its own. I like these too because of the added element of differing heights. We plan to put just a white candle in them. They are really really pretty in real life!
These are so pretty! I love the varying heights!

Sorry, I don''t have centerpieces to share, we''re eloping
9.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
We're having big traditional flower displays with a tall pillar candle in the centre of each. They're costing more than I want to think about (equivalent of $75 apiece?? ack. Lilyfoot, I want to elope too).

ETA: about 12 tables.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Girlface, we had the same centerpieces! How funny! I hope you used the 20% off coupons on all of them, because $5 off of each really adds up!

For half of the tables, we did red vase gem/marble and votives. For the other half we had flowers. I'll try and find a pic...

Thankfully, only 3 broke of each different size! How lucky is that?! LOL. I sold the rest. For a profit.
22.gif
31.gif

ScreenHunter_28%20Dec.%2020%2019.08.jpg

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t want to threadjack here....

But that is so funny sunny D! I never thought to put flowers into them! They look awesome like that! We bought as many as we could in the store, and then the rest online. They shipped us a few that were broken, so when we told them, they kept shipping us (full sets!) for free! So we ended up with lots and lots of extras... we plan on giving them to our family members to take home.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 2:02:57 PM
Author: LilyKat
We''re having big traditional flower displays with a tall pillar candle in the centre of each. They''re costing more than I want to think about (equivalent of $75 apiece?? ack. Lilyfoot, I want to elope too).

Sure, if we could find a state where it''s legal. But what are we going to do with our FI''s?

41.gif
I kid, I kid.

Nov2109

Shiny_Rock
I don''t have a picture of ours, but I''m DIYing

I bought glass cylinders from Michaels ( i think they are a foot high) we picked up tons of shells over the summer from the beach, and put them in the bottom. I bought floating candles from (quick-candle.com) they are awesome and priced well, i did a test run and the candle burned for 8 hours. The way the candlelight reflects down and makes the shells glisten is awesome.

Total cost about $10/table. Candles were about $2 a piece/cylinders were max $8. Always bring a coupon with me, and the shells were free, a perk of growing up at the beach!

Our venue is going to put votives around the cylinder just to add some extra light to the table.

I got a quote for simple flower centerpieces and was just absolutely shocked and couldn''t justify spending that much...our venue is right on the river/bay so a simple shell centerpiece worked for us, thankfully!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 2:35:02 PM
I don''t want to threadjack here....

But that is so funny sunny D! I never thought to put flowers into them! They look awesome like that! We bought as many as we could in the store, and then the rest online. They shipped us a few that were broken, so when we told them, they kept shipping us (full sets!) for free! So we ended up with lots and lots of extras... we plan on giving them to our family members to take home.
Wow! Haha that''s awesome, what customer service!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 9:52:20 AM
Author: purselover
We did gingerbread houses surrounded by ornaments and candles. I think we had 11 or 12 tables and I''m not sure how much they cost. DH wanted to make them himself, but I thought he was crazy and fortunately my mother agreed so we just ordered them from a bakery.

OK, I love this. It''s so fun.

Ours will be really tall and have orchids, but that''s as far as my imagination stretches.

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Our Centerpieces

Girlface - I officially am using your post as my "sign" to go forward with this idea - see, for the last 6 months, I have been BIG time stressing over centerpieces! Its the only thing that has left me so totally frustrated that I just want to elope - with 20 tables, its been so hard to find something that is (a) inexpensive, (b) easy to set up, (c) easy to take down and (d) doesn''t leave my family with a ton of stuff to carry home at the end of the night. So last night during my ump-teenth trip to Hobby Lobby to wander down aisles looking for ideas, I found cracked glass candleholders almost identical to these that you posted. HL is currently running half-off candleware so I can get three of these holders (tiered) for about $7-8 - so for 20 tables, thats about $150. Totally do-able. I will have a blue table runner and these candles...simple, but elegant. And inexpensive. And easy to set up/take down. WOOHOO! Your post is totally my sign that this is what I should go with :)

One question - do you think the holders are easy to knock over? I would hate for someone to bump a table, knock over a holder, and start a fire
32.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 6:46:18 PM
Author: laughwithme

Our Centerpieces

Girlface - I officially am using your post as my ''sign'' to go forward with this idea - see, for the last 6 months, I have been BIG time stressing over centerpieces! Its the only thing that has left me so totally frustrated that I just want to elope - with 20 tables, its been so hard to find something that is (a) inexpensive, (b) easy to set up, (c) easy to take down and (d) doesn''t leave my family with a ton of stuff to carry home at the end of the night. So last night during my ump-teenth trip to Hobby Lobby to wander down aisles looking for ideas, I found cracked glass candleholders almost identical to these that you posted. HL is currently running half-off candleware so I can get three of these holders (tiered) for about $7-8 - so for 20 tables, thats about $150. Totally do-able. I will have a blue table runner and these candles...simple, but elegant. And inexpensive. And easy to set up/take down. WOOHOO! Your post is totally my sign that this is what I should go with :)

One question - do you think the holders are easy to knock over? I would hate for someone to bump a table, knock over a holder, and start a fire
32.gif
I''m happy I could assist! Yes, I just got tired of looking and was really making things more complicated than they needed to be. So as soon as I found something I thought was good, I snatched it up! And I love my centerpieces!

I love the crackled glass, and the firelight reflects off of it so nicely, and actually creates more light! Looks like you found something for a great price too!

We are actually concerned about having a few casualties with these, but I''m not going to worry about it until it actually happens. Chances are, if one gets knocked over, the glass will break and the candle will just keep burning until the melted wax or a helpful guest puts it out
28.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
We met with the florist last monday and came up with the idea of doing two different "styles" of centerpieces. This is the description and pricing she sent to us. I'm so excited to see what they look like. We will have either 22 or 24 tables.

Centerpiece 1:
11 or 12 low centerpieces, full and lush, as shown in picture of Bride and Bloom Mag.
Consisting of:
5 fuchsia roses
5 yellow roses
5 fuchsia carnations
5 yellow carnations
3 green viburnum
3 fuchsia stock
3 yellow lilies

$40/each

Centerpiece 2:
11 or 12 sprawling centerpieces, low and compact as shown in Bride and Bloom magazine.
1 low manzanita tree branch with the floral spiraling around the base of the branch and slightly upwards.
Spreading across the table top center.
30 fuchsia roses and
30 yellow roses
$65/each
Or
30 fuchsia carnations and
30 yellow carnations
$40/each

We'll probably be going with the carnations for centerpiece 2 lol.

We're also going to ask that she work mini palm leaves into it somehow and we'll also have some type of dried blue flower petals scattered across the tables to bring in our slate blue color.

Also, i'd like to get those little LED lights stuck in them somehow. I don't want it to look tacky but I love up-lighting. And our venue only allows one candle per table and it has to be surrounded by water
39.gif
. So fake candles it is!

Never mind that all together, our floral budget is having to be almost doubled
32.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 5:00:42 PM
Author: shertz1981

Date: 3/30/2010 9:52:20 AM
Author: purselover

OK, I love this. It''s so fun.

Ours will be really tall and have orchids, but that''s as far as my imagination stretches.
Thank you! I wasn''t sure if it''d be too much of a holiday look at first but when I ran it by friends they all loved it so we ran ahead with it anyway, and I''m so glad we did.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 6:46:18 PM
Author: laughwithme

Our Centerpieces

Girlface - I officially am using your post as my ''sign'' to go forward with this idea - see, for the last 6 months, I have been BIG time stressing over centerpieces! Its the only thing that has left me so totally frustrated that I just want to elope - with 20 tables, its been so hard to find something that is (a) inexpensive, (b) easy to set up, (c) easy to take down and (d) doesn''t leave my family with a ton of stuff to carry home at the end of the night. So last night during my ump-teenth trip to Hobby Lobby to wander down aisles looking for ideas, I found cracked glass candleholders almost identical to these that you posted. HL is currently running half-off candleware so I can get three of these holders (tiered) for about $7-8 - so for 20 tables, thats about $150. Totally do-able. I will have a blue table runner and these candles...simple, but elegant. And inexpensive. And easy to set up/take down. WOOHOO! Your post is totally my sign that this is what I should go with :)

32.gif
They''re VERY top heavy and being so cheap, the bottoms are not even, so you need to weigh them down. We used vase gems, and I was still nervous about them falling. We had 3 break (one of each size) but I don''t even know how so I''m no help there.
37.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 3:01:10 PM
Author: lilyfoot
Date: 3/30/2010 2:02:57 PM

Author: LilyKat

We''re having big traditional flower displays with a tall pillar candle in the centre of each. They''re costing more than I want to think about (equivalent of $75 apiece?? ack. Lilyfoot, I want to elope too).

Sure, if we could find a state where it''s legal. But what are we going to do with our FI''s?

Oh, they''d manage.
11.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
There''s a couple of centerpiece pics here from my wedding thread. I don''t remember what we paid the florist for them, but I know it wasn''t very much per table.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results