shape
carat
color
clarity

Writing your own ceremony-website guides?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glueck

Shiny_Rock
We want to write our own ceremony, and and I am not sure where to begin. I cant get books here in Switzerland, so and website advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated. We want to have something non religious, but spiritual.

I am sure there are many of you who have done this. Can you share your resources? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I found this helpful for digging up readings. And this was a great overall guide. Good luck...I''m having a lot of fun with mine!

glueck

Shiny_Rock
This looks like a great jumping off point! Thanks so much!

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
Who are you having officiate?

If it''s a leryman or notary or judge (anyone who isn''t a friend just getting ordained to officiate your ceremony) I would talk to them and get their honest advice. You have to be willing to be open to what they say, though.

I wrote our ceremony, sent it to our reverend, and he told me very honestly he didn''t like it. He said he would read it if we really wanted, but that he didn''t like it and didn''t recommend us using it. So I told him that was fine, let him write the ceremony, told him we would write our own vows and I only asked for one specific reading (a Cherokee blessing my mom gave to me that has been said at the weddings of all of my relatives.)

In the end, I was glad I did. Our ceremony, the one he wrote for us, was perfect. It was light-hearted, spontaneous and heartfelt, and certainyl better than anything I had written or seen written by anyone else, including other officiants.

So if you''re going with someone with experience, I suggest you talk to them.

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
You can''t get books? (brows knit in puzzlement). Why not? I have a fabulous book I was going to recommend....

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Google Simple Tahoe Weddings and look at their ceremony suggestions. I really really loved a few of theirs, and they are free!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results