shape
carat
color
clarity

Would this kind of jewelry be ok to wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hi girls!

my dress is pretty simple (can be seen in the "post your wedding dress" thread) and I am thinking of wearing an elbow length veil with a headband made of a single row of Swarovski clear crystals.

I only want to wear my diamond studs (small, each 0.20 carat) and my platinum diamond solitaire necklace (0.50 carat) and my (fake) diamond tennis bracelet (which almost looks just like the headband I want!!!) on my wedding day. Do you think wearing diamond stud earrings and the other stuff I mentioned is too simplistic for your wedding day with an updo? I''m just not a flashy jewelry person but dont want to look underdressed for my wedding!!!
they would also be my "something old".

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should err on the side of "simple" rather than on the side of "Royal"! You don''t want to look like you raided the Tower of London for your wedding day unless you''re marrying the Prince! I think the diamond studs, solitaire necklace, and tennis bracelet sound stunning! I''m actually just doing a necklace and earrings.

The most stunning bride I''ve ever seen was a local chick in a local wedding magazine - simple strapless gown, small (prob .25?) solitaire diamond necklace and small dropped pearl earrings with a sleek French twist and veil. She looked amazing, and her picture was all over the freaking magazine!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
glaucom - THat is exactly what i am planning on doing. except minus the tennis bracelet part. I just need FI to GET me said diamond studs and pendant before the wedding! He says he will, but he says he''ll get me a lot of things.. I am going to wear a tiara too.. so that will be my bling.. I really don''t want to wear the nasty fake bridal jewelry. It gives me the creeps. i don''t know why.. it just does. I think with my veil and everything, no one will even NOTICE my jewlery.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2005 9:47:28 PM
Author: MelissaSue
glaucom - THat is exactly what i am planning on doing. except minus the tennis bracelet part. I just need FI to GET me said diamond studs and pendant before the wedding! He says he will, but he says he''ll get me a lot of things.. I am going to wear a tiara too.. so that will be my bling.. I really don''t want to wear the nasty fake bridal jewelry. It gives me the creeps. i don''t know why.. it just does. I think with my veil and everything, no one will even NOTICE my jewlery.

It creeps me out too!!! I guess it reminds me of what I wore to prom. I think you are right, no one will really pay attention. I dont know if any one will really pay attention to me that day anyway with my 6''2" fiance in a kilt!
3.gif

I hope your FI gets you a beautiful set!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
glaucom - I think you are right about why the fake jewelry creeps us out.. Sort of reminds me of getting all dressed up for H.S. events.. makes me think I shouldn''t really be getting married if I can''t afford real jewlerey.. lol..

I want a pendant like this one.
PF50400100_PR_100_zoom.jpg

I like the way the pendant splits on top. I want about a .35 ct diamond. FI says he wants to get a bigger one, but we shouldn''t spend that much if I''m planning on getting earrings AND my wedding band all before my wedding in a little more than a year..
I think I want round studs though. Would that look weird?

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
"You don't want to look like you raided the Tower of London for your wedding day unless you're marrying the Prince!"
LMAO, JCJD, that is too funny! That comment made me flashback to all the GIANT, gawdy jewelry they tried to push on me at the bridal salon. >

Glaucomflecken,
I went and looked at your dress (gorgeous btw
30.gif
) and I think your jewelry choice is perfect. I'm sure you will look very beautiful & elegant.

Glaucomflecken & MelissaSue,
At what point does "fake" jewelry become creepy? I want to wear pearls, they just say "wedding" to me, but don't want to spend the money on a real strand when it will seldom (or never) be worn afterwards. I've been considering buying this necklace and earrings from Swarovski but have hesitated because I worry they might seem cheesy to people.

MelissaSue,
That pendant is lovely. I don't think it will be odd at all to have RB studs and Princess necklace. I've decided that I prefer mixing it up because it looks less "put together."

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Lolly Bear--

I checked your choice of jewelry adn it is BEAUTIFUL! definitely not cheesy at all, I think its elegant and perfect. I was thinking more along the lines of those huge dangly rhinestone things that I would get from Claire''s at prom time as cheesy. Pearls are perfect for weddings, real or fake I think they are great. I thought about them for mine but with the beading on my dress I thought sparkles would work better. Thanks for the compliment on my dress too!!!

MelissaSue--
That pendant is gorgeous! (i was just browsing those on bluenile.com the other day!) those are the kind of prongs my RB pendant has. I think that will probably be a great size too. My round is about 5.5 mm and its the perfect size, not too big not too small. You can always go to a jewelery store or dept store and look at princess and round stones together if you are unsure. I have a pair of (fake) princess cz hoops and I wear them with my rounds all the time.

JCJD-- sounds like your wedding jewelery choice will be beautiful!

thanks girls for the opinions!!
sarah
2.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
LollyBear, I think your choices are very nice.

I see nothing wrong with fake jewelry. Perhaps it''s because I know I can afford the real stuff (to a point, of course!) that I don''t mind having a go and having fun with the fake stuff. I''d rather save the money for travel! I must be so removed from High School that something like that doesn''t even register on my brain!

There are lots of very nice, classy pieces that are costume out there. Wear whatever will make you feel pretty on your special day, and I think that''s all that matters. Real, fake, nothing (and I mean only in terms of the jewelry
3.gif
) or otherwise!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the replies! i think I will stick with my jewelery plan. we girls should definitely wear what strikes our hearts, compliments who we are and makes us happy when it comes to our wedding day jewelery and it will be even more beautiful because of that. i agree there are beautiful simulated jewelery choices out there. i guess because i am a simple person i just meant I dont care for anything "over the top" or "gaudy", real or fake. but what is one thing for me may be perfect for another!!! i dont think just because something is fake it is cheesy at all. i own a lot of imitation things and I love them!!! i hope no one was offended.
35.gif

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I am going to have my fiance get me pink freshwater pearl ( slightly dangly) earings and I am going to possibly buy myself a pink freshwater pearl choker ( very small pearls)...the pink goes w/the pink on my bodice. These are the earings and necklace I bought the bridesmaids from 1928.com

43551.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results