shape
carat
color
clarity

where to sell a new, unworn wedding dress online?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Hey ladies!
My cousin has had a change of heart about her intended wedding dress. I am wondering if anyone can tell me of other high traffic websites to put it on, other than Ebay?She has it listed on ebay right now..no bites, yet.

It is a gorgeous, $5000 dress so we need to get it some face time!! lol

MarksGirl

Rough_Rock
I''d like to suggest eBay as well... I know I almost bought a gown off eBay!
3.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie, what is she trying to sell it for? It might not be the arena that's the problem. When people see pre-owned, even new, they are looking for a serious bargain.

Like Indy, I'd try preownedweddingdresses.com too.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
she just isn't 'in love' with it she says. I think, she's nuts, it's gorgeous. here is a link to her auction, see for yourself :)

ETA: removed the ebay tag.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sophie honey, watch that... it's not self promoting, but it's enough to graze the forum rules.

I'll tell you honestly, she's asking too much. 500 isn't enough incentive to risk ebay, even with 100% positive feedback on such a stunning gown (that looks amazing on her). She's not likely to recover more than half what she paid. I wouldn't pay more than 3K for it from her, and that's because I "know" you.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hello ebay may not be the best venue for this dress...

As someone already pointed out...people are looking for a bargain 10% off a 5000 $ dress is not a great bargain

Her ebay ad...she is a low feedback member (seller) selling a very expensive item...she is posting only pictures of the sample not of the actual drress...

Red flags to many...also she may be a target for scammers...

She may be able to get more money for it if she tries to consign it the the store she bought it from...that way they have one...of someone needs one quickly

best of luck

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the tip, Gypsy. I was just too lazy to save her pictures to my cp and thought this would be faster. i think she should keep it. Personally, I think it looks great on her, but she says she wants something plainer.lol no beading,etc.
I don''t think she will be able to get that amount bc I too, would be looking for a bigger bargain.

OH, and the reason why the pictures are of the sample is bc she doesn''t even have her dress yet....it is due to be delivered in 2 weeks.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I knew that''s why she didn''t have pics of the real dress. Like I said, I trust YOU. And that carries a lot of weight, but ebay browsers don''t have that luxury. Have her post it on the knot dress board too. Doesn''t hurt.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
oooh thanks! I didn''t think of the knot!
I told her, as a buyer, the ad sayng "delivery in 2 weeks" would put me off too.....
ugh. I still think she should keep it. :)

thanks for the help!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome.

The biggest thing is that you can frequently get 10% off at trunk shows and so forth, so her ''discount'' isn''t a big deal. Truth is, the minute she bought that gown, it depreciated by half.
7.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just post : TWO DRESS BRIDE: BRAND NEW RIVINI FOR SALE.

Give details in the post (size, style, why selling), and either link it to the ebay listing or post the pic in your bio and direct them to that.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results